Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By CoyoteCobra

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2020, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C, 2nd gen 5.0 Coyote, XAct Cromo light flywheel, TR3650, 3.25:1 LSD
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra is on the road!

Finally got past all of the inspection, registration, titling, and whatever other red tape the state threw at me. I couldn't believe some of the hoops I had to jump through, but it is over. She's now street legal and I took it for a drive!

What an absolute banshee this Coyote is. It has that sweet SBF / 302HO firing order sound, but then the 32v/mod motor make it also sound sort of like an exotic at the same time. It's a cool sound in my opinion, until it starts to wind up and becomes deafening. I have to do something about these mufflers. Even at about 1/3 throttle the thing is obscenely loud above about 3 or 4000 RPM. It sounds cool when turning up and not under heavy load, but otherwise it is a bit excessive. Maybe I will get earplugs.

I'm thinking maybe this winter I will ditch these pesky slip joints for flanges, and swap the muffler to the Flow Master 13530320. Anyone have experience with these or others?

I'm also finding all the little things I need to revisit- like some of the latches and whatnot are not quite adjusted and have a slight rattle, the dash i thought was totally secure and feels secure but it has a slight rattle somewhere or another, too. I guess that will be part of the fun this winter.

AND I need to get a radio

Anyway, thank you to you guys on this forum. I saved a lot of time and frustration seeing all of the builds and trying to avoid reinvention of the wheel as best as I could!

Last edited by CoyoteCobra; 10-15-2020 at 04:35 PM..
Old 10-15-2020, 03:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The Flowmasters are great and I have a set. There are a couple of threads on this site. Unfortunately they stopped making them about 2-2.5 years ago. I did some searches about a year ago for forum members and came up empty.
Old 10-15-2020, 06:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C, 2nd gen 5.0 Coyote, XAct Cromo light flywheel, TR3650, 3.25:1 LSD
Not Ranked     

Thanks Speedbrake. I will have to try to figure something out. I like a good bark in the exhaust, but this is just silly and I'd like to tone it down a bit. Maybe I can add some baffles to my existing pipes or something.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quite a few folks commented they like these.

Classic Chambered Exhaust Inc. - Products
Old 10-16-2020, 05:32 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdbrake View Post
Quite a few folks commented they like these.

Classic Chambered Exhaust Inc. - Products
I believe "HighPlainsDrifter" has them on his Dragon-Snake, Perry, you out there to comment on these? I do have his phone# & Email if need be. TommyRot.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Classic Chamber mufflers

I had them on my A&C and at 70mph you could have a conversation ...
Jon
Old 10-18-2020, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks. I will have to check them out.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Have to check those out to.

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 10-26-2020, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 351w
Not Ranked     

Congrats! Any pics of your beauty?
Old 11-08-2020, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks. There's a picture of it in my album, or in the thread in this sub forum about A&C's Gel Coat. It is just a few threads down from this one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: