Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 11-07-2008, 05:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default panard bar

I bought one...does anyone have a picture of one installed or advice on how it's done?
Old 11-07-2008, 08:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Contact Lew Payne he has an A&C and has had a new panhard bar installed in his and might have some nice photo's for you. Pm me and I will send you his email adress.

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 11-08-2008, 05:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C, Stroked 408, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

When I was at A&C six months ago they had a rolling chassis in the show room with a panhard bar installed. How you install the bar will vary with what type you bought. Some need to have a bracket welded to the frame other ones bolt on. The other end of it need to be secured to the rear axle again a barcket either needs to be bolted or welded on. The one I rember seeing at A&C was welded..

Here's an article that might help..

http://www.afcoracing.com/tech_pages/panhard.shtml

Last edited by Jimv455; 11-08-2008 at 05:51 AM..
Old 11-08-2008, 06:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default panard bar

my bracket can be installed either way...after looking at the link I think i will call joe becauce the bar attaches to the top of the diff., are you using one on your car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimv455 View Post
When I was at A&C six months ago they had a rolling chassis in the show room with a panhard bar installed. How you install the bar will vary with what type you bought. Some need to have a bracket welded to the frame other ones bolt on. The other end of it need to be secured to the rear axle again a barcket either needs to be bolted or welded on. The one I rember seeing at A&C was welded..

Here's an article that might help..

http://www.afcoracing.com/tech_pages/panhard.shtml
Old 11-08-2008, 08:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C, Stroked 408, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

No but it's on my list of possible upgardes. I have to get a stablizer bar in there first.. Do you have one?
Old 11-08-2008, 11:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default stablizer bar

no, did't know they offered one..where are you getting it from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimv455 View Post
No but it's on my list of possible upgardes. I have to get a stablizer bar in there first.. Do you have one?
Old 11-08-2008, 10:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C
Not Ranked     

Here is a picture of mine installed. Don't install it without the body on. The height of the frame will drop with the weight and bind up the bar. It definitely limits suspension travel. I mounted mine before the body was on. I had to lower the frame mounting bolts about 1" to get some travel back.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default panard bar

is the picture before or after you moved it?
Old 11-09-2008, 10:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C
Not Ranked     

This is as is. I had to take the left wheel off to take the picture but the axle is supported with a jackstand so it has a load on it.
I think I had to shorten the bar and rethread it (maybe a 1"). If the bar is mounted to high up it binds up the suspension travel. I think the lower the better on the frame. If its too low it will contact the third member.

So far 10 miles the ride seems pretty good and with not aligning the front yet but it handles ok. Really haven't taken any corners hard yet!
Old 11-09-2008, 10:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Fibercraft Bodies 427 S/C, 351W disguised as a 427.
Send a message via AIM to SuperHart
Not Ranked     

I'm not sure if the photos of my installation will help much but they are the only ones I have. I installed the bar in a lower position to make adjustment easier. Since my car sees no track time the only purpose of the panhard bar is to prevent lateral movement of the rear end assembly. The inside bracket was fabricated from 0.25 steel plate and attached to two lower bolts on the pinion bearing retainer on the carrier. I used Grade 8 bolts 0.25 longer than stock and cross drilled the heads for safety wire. The outside bracket was welded to the chassis in a convenient location.

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 11-09-2008, 02:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default thanks

Thanks, the picture helps. Jon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdc767 View Post
This is as is. I had to take the left wheel off to take the picture but the axle is supported with a jackstand so it has a load on it.
I think I had to shorten the bar and rethread it (maybe a 1"). If the bar is mounted to high up it binds up the suspension travel. I think the lower the better on the frame. If its too low it will contact the third member.

So far 10 miles the ride seems pretty good and with not aligning the front yet but it handles ok. Really haven't taken any corners hard yet!
Old 11-11-2008, 10:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sorry guys but i just need to ask this question. What is the purpose of this part?

Automan
Old 11-12-2008, 03:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

In the cases here, it locates a solid axle left to right with respect to the frame and limits the axles left to right movement while allowing maximum suspension travel.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

My 2 cents on this one. I use them, I love them, there not a big cost and it makes a great deal of difference in the handling of the car. But as with any thing it needs to be installed right to optimize its ability. This is also something that is best done with all the weight in and on the car and supported by the tires. Try and mount the frame rail bracket so that the link bar is as close to level as possible. Weld it to the frame if at all possible there is a lot of load on this at times.

Stop by and see what we are working on @ www.eddytheb.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: