28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 12:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Canton told me that the oil level should be up to just touching the top of the kick-out. So if you pull the oil temp sensor or the dipstick fitting, oil will not flow out the top. If it does, you have over-filled it. I do have a different model Canton pan though.

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)
Old 12-03-2009, 03:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

jhv48-Jim, wanna help us understand how your wife knows about the length of someone else's dip stick?
Old 12-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Ron,

You will be missed. Down 155 lbs.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 12-08-2009, 08:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black CSX 4910, Roush 511 8 stack
Not Ranked     

Thats Awesome Mikie!!

Well it has been a week since I started this post and still no word from Roush. I left another Message for Joe from the warranty department yesterday. From here on I am going to be calling him or Todd every other day until I get answers. I doubt I could get to Jack Roush himself but I sure wish I could. I douible checked with the shop my car is in but they havent heard anything either. In 2 1/2 months they have had 2 updates from Rousha dn that was Charlie calling them to try to get updates. I want to keep this post going to see how long it takes them to get my motor back to me. It has been almost 3 months now since the motor was shipped to them..
Ron
Old 12-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Ron,

Just asking again. Did you originally buy the engine directly from Roush or a dealer? Is the dealer still around? Sending you a PM now with another idea.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 12-08-2009, 11:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The dealer went out of business 6 months after we finished the car so I am out of luck there. Fortunatly, the person that actually built my car now works at Hot Rods by Dean, a local shop here that is doing the work on the car. They havfe not had much succes in getting communication from Roush either. Any updates have been from us calling them to bug them. That is teh part that pisses me off the most.
Ron
Old 12-08-2009, 11:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I would get Jack Roush's email, and send him a certified letter in snail mail with the details of your issues. This is completely unacceptable. PERIOD
Old 12-08-2009, 11:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The official date is that my motor was picked up to go to Roush on Spetember 22, 2009. I left 4 messages for Joe(3) and Todd (1) before Todd called back. Then 2 more to Joe before he finally called me to tell me that they normally communicate with the dealer (except he didn't, Charlie my mechanic called someone in engines December 1st to finally hear they were waiting on pistons). I left him another message on 12/7/09 and let him know ai would be calling every other day until we heard something. If anyone has a way for me to contact Jack I am all for it. Any help would be appreciated!
Ron
Old 12-08-2009, 02:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Barrett-Jackson is coming to Scottsdale January 18th and Roush has a large display with corporate representatives there. Hopefully you'll be up and running well before then.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyC View Post
Barrett-Jackson is coming to Scottsdale January 18th and Roush has a large display with corporate representatives there. Hopefully you'll be up and running well before then.
Todd was at Scottsdale last year and gave me some info on my engine )age wise) that factored into the decision to buy. Chances are he will be there this January and I'll be camped on the fate to get some answers. I'm hoping face to face contact will help drive resolution.

On oil capacity I forgot to mention the oil cooler.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post

On oil capacity I forgot to mention the oil cooler.
Your filter is 3/4 qt and the cooler and lines are an additional 5/8 qt.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 65' SPF (511 CID) FE 427 Alum Block Shelby /Roush 600hp-625fpt sideoiler
Not Ranked     

Ron,

I spoke to Todd about a month ago and my Cobra will be on display in their booth at Barret-Jackson this year. I would focus on Todd. He was great to me when my motor was out. He'll get you answers.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just a call from my shop and Roush has gotten my pistons in and will be starting to put the bottom end back together. I will keep my fingers corssed that it will be on the dyno early next week and possibly get shipped back by end of next week. The final word from Charlie is that to make sure the cylinder walls were completley rouind and to get rid of the scoring they did approx a 5/1000 bore then honed so at most the Ci didnt increase by 1 or 2 at the most. I just am anxious to get it back and get some miles on it.
Ron
Old 12-09-2009, 12:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Finally, some good news.
Superformance #884 --- Sold
No more Furds.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sounds like Roush has until Jan 18th, then you are going to sit in a chair next to their booth at Scottsdale and hand out flyers detailing your ordeal.
Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910 View Post
I just a call from my shop and Roush has gotten my pistons in and will be starting to put the bottom end back together. I will keep my fingers corssed that it will be on the dyno early next week and possibly get shipped back by end of next week. The final word from Charlie is that to make sure the cylinder walls were completley rouind and to get rid of the scoring they did approx a 5/1000 bore then honed so at most the Ci didnt increase by 1 or 2 at the most. I just am anxious to get it back and get some miles on it.
Ron
Old 12-09-2009, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 65' SPF (511 CID) FE 427 Alum Block Shelby /Roush 600hp-625fpt sideoiler
Not Ranked     

Good news Ron. It will all work out and I know it's worth the wait. Just not so long.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4766 (Vegas Built) with 482 Aluminum Pond motor
Not Ranked     
Default Check your motor mounts,

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post

I also saw from this that the engine appears to be mounted slightly off level, I assume this was set up for a track. The drivers side side pipe is also rubbing on the body and now I'm starting to get a crack. Want to try to fix that soon.
Check your motor mounts they may have loosened up. Put a level across the motor. Valve cover to valve cover to check to see if its level. if its not it needs to be.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCSX1 View Post
Check your motor mounts they may have loosened up. Put a level across the motor. Valve cover to valve cover to check to see if its level. if its not it needs to be.
From my post #50 on page 4:

"If the motor is cocked to one side, remove the mount nuts and loosen or remove the trans mount nuts too. Then carefully lift the block by each cylinder head front surface and put a level on the EFI flange. Only lift the motor the bare minimum to get it to level. You MUST watch the clutch linkage and shifter while doing this. That's why your pipes are banging the cutout. I realize you bought it this way but the car was poorly assembled. And you were given the wrong info about the oil level."
Old 12-11-2009, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Daytona Coupe SPC0099
Not Ranked     

My Roush 427, installed in March 2006, always died everytime I put the brakes on. (No, it wasn't insufficient vacuum.) Anthem Motors and I chased this problem for almost a year. That included replacing the original carburetor at Roush's expense, which no one, including Roush, really expected would cure the problem (and it didn't). Finally, Roush came to Barrett-Jackson here in 2007 and took my entire car back to Michigan with them. They returned it two months later, problem solved. It had another new carburetor, but that wasn't the problem. They were never specific about what it was, and maybe they kept that private between them and Anthem. Ultimately, I was satisfied.

I know know someone else who had a complete rebuild free after he let his Cobra Coupe be used in a magazine shootout which hurt the motor.

If you want to talk directly to a Roush guy, go to Barrett-Jackson next year and stop by their booth (possibly shared with Superformance.)
Old 12-11-2009, 08:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     

Ron & Richard, I usually spend a couple of days each year manning the SPF-Roush-Shelby booth representing SCOF and a current SPF owner for the sales force. The semi trailer belongs to Roush so they are there in force including Todd Andrews. You can also find Lance Stander there. Between them, all problems can be resolved.
Tim, I'll keep an eye on your black beauty. We'll use it for the kid photos. LOL
AZ Bob