24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-09-2001, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     
Default Car Shows

Well, gang, I got drenched in Prescott last Saturday. I drove all the way back to I-17 in the rain, getting spashed by red-necks in big trucks, with water running down my leg into my puddle where my feet rest. The soft top did help and the windshield wipers did work and the defroster helped. Took me the rest of Saturday to clean old 667 again, but the interior was ok, just wet.
Parking in sand/dirt didn't help. The Show had all the makings of a good one, except the rain.
Next show in Williams on Sat August 18th, weather permitting.

Great Sunday morning run to Cave Creek/Carefree for breakfast. Great meal cheap! Had 6 Cobras including one that made mine look slow. Between us and some fellow hot-rodders we took up the entire indoor area of the restaurant. Beautiful morning for a run.

Entries for Run to the Pines probably about filled. Great show end of Sept. Starts with parade Friday 4pm through Sunday lunch. Need motel room. Pinetop/Lakeside area.

See you next meeting. See you Northwest guts Sat night at 77th Ave and Bell weather permitting.

Bob
Old 08-09-2001, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Talking

There you go guys. Bob Broberg actually drove his prized and treasured beauty in a gully washer. Now I don't know who it was that said Bob wouldn't drive his car across the street if there was a cloud in the sky. The guy proves that a little weather doesn't scare him away from a good time.
Way to go Bob!! Now..lets talk about that redneck thing!

Hersh
Old 08-09-2001, 10:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Hey, Bob...

Don't worry about your car being slow. Remember Scott has one of the fastest Cobra's in the State.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 08-10-2001, 09:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob, your cobra did not look slow to me. On the freeway you were gone in a flash. You may want to lean it out a little bit as it seems like it had black smoke thru the gears. Not a ton, but enough when I was behind you on the freeway when you took off to tell me I think its a little rich. Your cobra is very nice as were the other cobras at breakfast. One more thing, theres 2 hi-techs now so I don't feel like a red headed step child any more. scott.
Old 08-10-2001, 10:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That's it.....

I need more power so I can play with the big boys.....I think my car is stuck in puberty trying to keep up with you guys..

Gordon is my 408 stroker ready yet......money don't worry about it. As Whimpy says: I will gladly pay you thursday for a motor today

Mike

Old 08-10-2001, 12:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Talking

I always thought Wimpy said "Iwill pay you on the second Tuesday of next week my good fellow."

Hersh
Old 08-10-2001, 02:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hersh....

You could be right. I quit watching the cartoon channel a few years ago. Keep watching

Either way if Gordon buys into it I'll get my motor for free!!

Mike, with the real slow cobra

Old 08-11-2001, 01:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Car builder/restorer FFR
Not Ranked     

Mikie, your a funny guy.
Old 08-14-2001, 04:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: everett, ho 351
Not Ranked     
Default Re: Car Shows

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Well, gang, I got drenched in Prescott last Saturday. I drove all the way back to I-17 in the rain, getting spashed by red-necks in big trucks, with water running down my leg into my puddle where my feet rest. The soft top did help and the windshield wipers did work and the defroster helped. Took me the rest of Saturday to clean old 667 again, but the interior was ok, just wet.
Parking in sand/dirt didn't help. The Show had all the makings of a good one, except the rain.
Next show in Williams on Sat August 18th, weather permitting.

Great Sunday morning run to Cave Creek/Carefree for breakfast. Great meal cheap! Had 6 Cobras including one that made mine look slow. Between us and some fellow hot-rodders we took up the entire indoor area of the restaurant. Beautiful morning for a run.

Entries for Run to the Pines probably about filled. Great show end of Sept. Starts with parade Friday 4pm through Sunday lunch. Need motel room. Pinetop/Lakeside area.

See you next meeting. See you Northwest guts Sat night at 77th Ave and Bell weather permitting.

bob: where in williams might you be stopping, live in flagstaff and just joined club. would like to meet some of you if time permits on the 18th jerry bravo

Bob
Old 08-14-2001, 10:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: too many to list
Not Ranked     
Default Northern Cobras

Jerry,
I met you 2 years ago on the BEAT tour. I had the bule Cobra with white stripes. It is now red with no stripes. I met a guy with an origional 289 Cobra at the Prescott show. He said that there were 3 289's and one 427 origionals in the Prescott area.
If you are ever headed to Prescott, stop in in Paulden.
Bill Gildersleeve
928-636-6190
Old 08-15-2001, 09:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     
Default Williams Car Show

I am concerned, weather wise, about the Saturday run to Williams. We will wait and see. I am getting gun-shy during monsoon season.

Bob