Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 05:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR from Levy Racing 302 FI w/Edelbrock Performer heads
Not Ranked     
Default Karls Car

Well here's an update on Karl's car. Looks a LOT better than when we took it in.

dave from Texas

Vietnam Vets may be eligible for medical care and disability compensation. Contact the VA if you have prostate cancer or type 2 diabetes. Finally got around to going to the VA.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     

Looks like it is coming along just fine. Karl will be a happy man someday. Maybe in my lifetime.

AZ Bob
Old 04-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobray-C3, The 60's body lines on todays chassis technology
Not Ranked     

Right on !!
She is looking better and better all the time. How about an update of chassis photos? Great work guys, do you have a target date yet? Jeff C
Old 04-11-2011, 10:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK-I, 302, 780 Pro-Systems custom double pumper, 425HP
Not Ranked     

Karl is not pushing the body guy, so no date on completion there. It will be primed and paint ready when it comes back to Karl's garage. We will then drop in the motor and trans and get it running. Finish the interior insulation and dash and send it off to paint. Karl already has his painter lined up so that will be just a few days there. Easy job for carpeting by a pro and, with luck, Karl could make the 4th of July cruise in Heber???
Old 04-11-2011, 10:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

My body man was the body shop manager for the old NAF back in the 80s and he's excellent. (Notice how nice the doors, hood, and trunk are mating) I really got hosed on this body, but it will eventually be much nicer than the previous car. I'm not even thinking about Heber, this year. I'll be gone most of May and I doubt that the car will be in the paint shop by then. At least we should be pretty much in the assembly mode, rather than fabrication, when I do get the car back from the body shop.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default So I' reckoning you not going to take the bet, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Bebout View Post
My body man was the body shop manager for the old NAF back in the 80s and he's excellent. (Notice how nice the doors, hood, and trunk are mating) I really got hosed on this body, but it will eventually be much nicer than the previous car. I'm not even thinking about Heber, this year. I'll be gone most of May and I doubt that the car will be in the paint shop by then. At least we should be pretty much in the assembly mode, rather than fabrication, when I do get the car back from the body shop.
Mine, should be ready sometime in June, this year, I'm guessing. Seven months for an install is *&^%$#@. and even I, the original fine upstandin' gent n'all, am finally getting pissed. .

BTW, your car is lookin good.

John, AKA, tin-man

Last edited by tin-man; 04-13-2011 at 07:12 AM..
Old 04-13-2011, 01:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Tinner, far being if for me to shirk from a bet. I'll gladly buy you bebidas when we finally meet, especially if your 511 can continue to run without needing to be returned to Happy Jack for corections. When do you plan on finally getting to AZ?
Old 04-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

Arrive in Arizona: August 2011
Receive Cobra: August 2011
Return to Happy Jack September 2011. November 2011. February 2012.
Receive Cobra: March2012.
Return to Unhappy Jack: May 2012.

Sandy/Ron. Does that sound about right?

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 04-14-2011, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default Bebidas, do tell, never heard o' that word before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Bebout View Post
Tinner, far being if for me to shirk from a bet. I'll gladly buy you bebidas when we finally meet, especially if your 511 can continue to run without needing to be returned to Happy Jack for corections. When do you plan on finally getting to AZ?
Well as of today its scheduled to be complete by the end of this month. That said , it will need to be run in for a few hundred miles or so before I fly over there to test drive and get it transported to Phoenix so I can take legal delivery in the State of Arizona and then get it registered. So I am thinking its either going to be the last two weeks of May or the first two weeks of June. I will certainly let everyone know when I will be there since I will be asking for someone to assist me with the registration and so l can finally meet up with you guys for lunch, that's the plan, barring any unforseen issues between now and then.

For the long run, I will retire this December and will return to my home in Sun City West and start to piss off my neighbours with the varoom, varooms.

Gotta say this, I am really looking forward to the weekend runs with you folks, need that adrenalin fix somehow, that's why I bought the Cobra.

Cheers, John,
Old 04-14-2011, 06:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Jeeeeezus I musta pissed you off big time, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danr55 View Post
Arrive in Arizona: August 2011
Receive Cobra: August 2011
Return to Happy Jack September 2011. November 2011. February 2012.
Receive Cobra: March2012.
Return to Unhappy Jack: May 2012.

Sandy/Ron. Does that sound about right?
Now I know you gotta be kiddin' n'all, but I am hoping it don't work out that way. If it did by chance work out as you describe, old Happy Jack will be the recipient of a world class s**t storm of biblical proportions that he has never quite experienced before. Not a threat, just an absolute promise.

But I, being a mild mannered fine upstandin' gent n'all am the eternal optimist, gotta be after working in China for over twenty years, however, I don't take too kindly to being played, nor will sit still after spending the type of bucks I did if anything does go wrong that is attributable to Happy Jacks engine. Nuff said.

Cheers, John, AKA, tin-man

Last edited by tin-man; 04-14-2011 at 06:34 AM..
Old 04-14-2011, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black CSX 4910, Roush 511 8 stack
Not Ranked     

I hate to say it but Dan is right on with what the rest of us have experienced. My advice, particularly the first 500-1000 miles pay attention to any thing that seems odd and get it in to be checked right away. Roush has a history of trying to get out of honoring the warranty so make immediate contact with Charlie at Hot Rods by Dean when you get the car so you will know where to take it when something acts up. Take it easy to get it broken in the first 500 miles and watch for overheating, missing/hesitation, and anything else that sounds or looks out of place. Make sure you have a proper air filter on the and dont trust the K&N that comes with the car. Roush also tried to blame problems on those since even though they provde them they are outsourced from K&N so they tried to blame things on them instead of themselves.
Ron
Old 04-14-2011, 07:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2180, second one, Roush 427, first one SPF 746, 514 Big Block Strocker
Not Ranked     

hey tinner
were in scw ishome
Old 04-14-2011, 09:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobish View Post
hey tinner
were in scw ishome
Corte Bella, send you a PM. John,
Old 04-28-2011, 05:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, stock 5.0
Not Ranked     

Wow!! The body does look good. He barely used any filler at the door, he knows what he's doing!!!