28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 08:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SPO2820 408W; former ERA CCX 3-3408 owner
Not Ranked     

Tinman: Can you post any pictures of your neat driving lights inside the rad opening? In particular the mounts used for them? Thank you.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910 View Post
...I am not sure if Sandy has found this to be the case in his 511 or not but although Roush and the dealers say these 511 can run on premium unleaded, they dont like to...
Hmmm, haven't tried high-octane/racing fuel yet, last I checked it was $9 per gallon at Love's, ouch. No performance problems with mine...yet, we'll see. From what I understand though an engine must be tuned for racing fuel to take advantage of it. It seems racing fuel would invalidate the fuel curves in the ECU but you say you're getting better performance so could be worth a try. I might consider sneaking up on it, starting with just 1 gallon high octane gas added to the first tank and so on. But not yet because at least in my case it's still, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." [famous last words? ]
Old 05-24-2011, 09:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiec View Post
Bring it to the Saturday night cruise in, on the 18th.
Mike, sounds like a plan for a first meet, however I am guessing the lunch on me thing, will have to be during the Christmas holidays on account of the cooler weather.

OK here is a question for the Arizona club members, where should I get it registered? I prefer some place that has registered Cobras before. I am figuring the DMV in Sun City West only registers golf carts and don't have a clue what a Cobra is all about. I would also prefer somewhere close to Sun City West since I will be a rookie driver, well sort of. Any suggestions and do I hear an offer from somebody that would accompany me in their Cobra?

Cheers, John, AKA, tin-man
Old 05-24-2011, 11:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default another view

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsullivan View Post
Tinman: Can you post any pictures of your neat driving lights inside the rad opening? In particular the mounts used for them? Thank you.
Tim, here is another spycam view of the driving lamps. I do not have details or pictures of the brackets, I'll get them and send you a pm.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     

Tinny, there is a DMV on Bell Rd right by Sun City West. It has a Surprise address.
Surprise MVD of Surprise, Arizona - MVD Office Location, Appointment Information and Hours of Operation at DMV.org: The Surprise MVD Made Simple
Go in with your bill of sale and tell them it is a replica of a 1965 Shelby cobra made by Superformance. Show them your build plate in the engine compartment. Don't volunteer any information unless asked. They may do a level 1 safety inspection. Belts, wipers, turn signals, lights. For the most part, they don't know what to do, so they fidget and call a supervisor who uses part of your build plate numbers as the vin.
I assume you have a current AZ drivers license.
AZ Bob
Old 05-25-2011, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4000; Shelby aluminum FE with 58mm IDAs
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-man View Post
Tim, here is another spycam view of the driving lamps. I do not have details or pictures of the brackets, I'll get them and send you a pm.

That's a cool picture and an interesting look; kind of looks like the in-board lights on the early 67 Shelby Mustangs.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     
Default Nice lights

Hey John - I agree, nice lights. Just like the black wheels (elsewhere) have gained a small following, you could be a trendsetter with those lights.
What are they? They look 'period'.
Cheers,
Glen
Old 05-25-2011, 10:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Great looking lights there Tinny. I try not to drive at nighttime. Old eye don't see well in the dark and all the lights have halos.

AZ Bob
Old 05-25-2011, 11:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     
Default Auto what?!?!

Tin-man congrats on a nice ride...

I particularly like the way you've made that auto-shift look like it belongs.

Sticking a "girly" automatic shift in the cockpit behind a 511BB was going to be a tough sell. But to your credit it looks great, and I'm nearly sold.

Well... I did say "nearly". I need the 3rd pedal.
It makes me feel more like a bear chested hairy man!

Best wishes,
Old 05-25-2011, 11:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
Hey John - I agree, nice lights. Just like the black wheels (elsewhere) have gained a small following, you could be a trendsetter with those lights.
What are they? They look 'period'.
Cheers,
Glen
Hi Glen, these are just store bought lamps, I'll get the suppliers name and post it. Thanks for the compliment. BTW the car will be kept in my home and not shipped to China. issue with China, they have stringent emission controls, yeah can you believe it with all the pollution, pity really I would have loved to run it around the Zhuhai circuit.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
Tin-man congrats on a nice ride...

I particularly like the way you've made that auto-shift look like it belongs.

Sticking a "girly" automatic shift in the cockpit behind a 511BB was going to be a tough sell. But to your credit it looks great, and I'm nearly sold.

Well... I did say "nearly". I need the 3rd pedal.
It makes me feel more like a bear chested hairy man!

Best wishes,
Well thanks, the issue is I have big feet and the pedals on a regular manual set up caused me grief when I was in the selection mode. Dunno about the girlie thing, but I am told there is an edge in the quarter mile for the auto tranny vs the manual, don't know, not done that yet but will sure find out.

Also I am reckoning when I am tearing up the hiway making all that noise, knowbody will know its and auto, they'll just be blown away with the lit tires, sorry tyres, as I fly by.

BTW do the guys from OZ and particularly those from Victoria, drive their Cobras, bare, sporting that hairy look? If they do, that be fair dinkum I reckon, each to their own. How about the guys in Perth, they into the buff stuff?

Old 05-26-2011, 03:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

Ok.. now we know. Tinner is into bare men driving hot cars.. Hmm?? Strange questions John..

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 05-26-2011, 06:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2180, second one, Roush 427, first one SPF 746, 514 Big Block Strocker
Not Ranked     
Smile

Hey Tinner,
Nice ride, looking forward to see it in CB.
Suggestion for Title registration.
I used the Glendale MVD, when I had mine registered.
They have a regular bay with lifts and other things for inspection.
MVD in Surprise does not have this and might send you to the Glendale facility.
Address: 16380 N 59th Street Glendale AZ, just a little south of Bell Ave.
As per Bob have all your papers ready, and 30 Day temp tag, which you can get from
the MVD Internet Site, I think for a Dollar or so.
Be there at 7:00 AM they open at 8:00 AM, so you will be the first, they work very, very slow,
with lots of coffee breaks

Good Luck
Old 05-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

I'll drive by there, Glendale, but I believe they have shut down that facility.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 05-26-2011, 09:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Not so Dan...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danr55 View Post
Ok.. now we know. Tinner is into bare men driving hot cars.. Hmm?? Strange questions John..
The question was a parody on words and besides those OZ guys are as tuff as nails, so they want to drive bare ass sporting a hairy chest, I for one am sure not going to stop them. That said, it goes along with driving a car with a bonnet and a boot, huh?

OZ guys, apologies for taking the Mickey.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsullivan View Post
Hi Tim, here is another close up of the lamps, the brackets are in the back and you can make out the shape if you do a close up zoom. I will ask Erick Voss for a copy of the sketch he made for these brackets and pm them to you.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tinman, I see you have 1/4 inch hardware cloth as your radiator and oil cooler screen. That provides a great stone/rock stop. I have used that in the past but bugs still get through and do a number on the cooling blades. I have changed to metal bug screen in a homemade custom frame like your screen doors. Works great. Cheap and east to make too.

AZ Bob
Old 05-26-2011, 11:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
The question was a parody on words and besides those OZ guys are as tuff as nails, so they want to drive bare ass sporting a hairy chest, I for one am sure not going to stop them. That said, it goes along with driving a car with a bonnet and a boot, huh?

OZ guys, apologies for taking the Mickey.

Tin-man,

Not only are you a clever bugger, but your funny too.

Now back on topic,
More than the lights... I like those black oil hose connectors. I didn't even pick that up the first time. ... and the mesh guards.

In fact all the little things you've done different have come out much better than my minds eye could ever have pictured.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
Tin-man,

Not only are you a clever bugger, but your funny too.

Now back on topic,
More than the lights... I like those black oil hose connectors. I didn't even pick that up the first time. ... and the mesh guards.

In fact all the little things you've done different have come out much better than my minds eye could ever have pictured.
Dimis, thanks, I'll get the supplier/price information on the black oil hose connectors and post the details.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Oil connector fittings

Quote:
Dimis, thanks, I'll get the supplier/price information on the black oil hose connectors and post the details.

Hi tin-man,

Have you had any luck following this up?

Many thx