17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 10-19-2012, 02:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #90, 351w,Tremec 3550, SB100 SOLD
Not Ranked     
Default Islands car show in gilbert 11/03

Just a reminder to those of you interested in having your car in this new show on November 3rd. First the price has come down to a $10 donation to the Boys and Girls Club of East Valley. But, I promised AZ Cobra guys free admission. That is still true unless you want to toss in 10 bucks. Purely voluntary.

The show is at the Gilbert park next to the Islands Community center (Warner and McQueen closest intersection) from 9-4 PM. It should be fun with an art exhibit, food, family fun and I even hear a rumor of a beer garden.

Let me know if you are interested and I will get you more details if you need them.You can also go online to: Islands Community Association - Islands Cars in the Park

Hope to see you there!

Skip 858-248-2058 cell
Old 10-24-2012, 11:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK-I, 302, 780 Pro-Systems custom double pumper, 425HP
Not Ranked     

Skip...I'll be there with FFR MKI, FFR MKIII, 1961 Ford Galaxie
Old 10-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

Skip looks like I'll be back. Throw my name in the hat.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 10-29-2012, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Guys!

That is great. I'll be the one out on the site directing you to a parking spot.

I'll let Larry Hanken (show director) know that you are coming. The $10 entry is voluntary as you I promised to comp you guys. Just tell them at the desk I said it was OK. Just do me a favor and don't make a big deal out of it is something goes "south". Hopefully this won't happen, but if it does, Larry should be able to handle it. Or,call me at 858-248-2058. So far we have 40+ cars registered, so it should be a fun show.

More cars are always welcome. There will be an art show on, food, entertainment and beer! Just don't drink and drive!

I can't wait to see your cars. Mike. Wow, 3 cars! Great.

Thanks again!

Skip
858-248-2058
Old 10-30-2012, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2114
Not Ranked     

Skip,
I will be able to make it to the show this weekend but I see that I have missed the deadline to register. Will that keep me from being able to get into the show? If not I will be there. Anyone coming down from North Phoenix area want to meet up and drive over together?
Keith
Old 10-30-2012, 06:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR from Levy Racing 302 FI w/Edelbrock Performer heads
Not Ranked     

We might be there. Not for sure yet.

Vietnam Vets may be eligible for medical care and disability compensation. Contact the VA if you have prostate cancer or type 2 diabetes. Finally got around to going to the VA.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Keith and others,

Don't worry about the registration deadline! Come on anyway!

When you arrive, just tell them "Skip said it was OK". I have passed information on that there may be several cars that are not preregistered. This should not be a problem! But, since I am relying on others to remember this, I hope it does not become an issue.

Also, you guys can get in free if you want. Again, just have them see me if there are any questions. Larry Hanken- event organizer knows I have made the "free offer" to Cobra owners.

Just call me if there are any challenges! 858-248-2058.

I want everyone to have fun
Old 10-31-2012, 08:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

CORRECTION!!!!

Guys, I just found out that we are AT CAPACITY for the car show. So, if you were not able to preregister, we unfortunately will not have room for your car in the show.

You are still welcome to come and see the show, but room for cars on display has been maxed out. Come and see the show, hang out for awhile, see the art show, grab something to eat/drink.

I am sorry if this inconveniences any of you! We thought we had room for 80+ cars, but apparently we are now being limited to 52.

Skip
Old 11-03-2012, 10:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, Ford Cobra 5.0
Not Ranked     

A very nice collection of cars on display. Congrats on a good show.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dale,

Thanks for the compliment. As a first time show we were very concerned about everything! We were very happy with the quantity and quality of cars that showed up.

It was great having two Cobras in attendance. Thanks for coming guys!

Next year we hope to not have a last minute intervention from the Fire Marshal. The powers to be had our layout for weeks in advance and suddenly cut us down from 80 spaces to 52. Sorry guys, but we just didn't know until it was too late.

My suggestion for next year (there will be a show next year!) is to preregister online. I would love to have a whole bunch of Cobras in 2013!

Cheers!

Skip B