Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2014, 12:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

Al, I believe you are oconfusing entitlement with pride. I don't feel entitled in my cobra. Superior maybe, but not entitled. I've earned everything I've gotten including the insults, usually. Afterall, Karl is my hero..

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 03-30-2014, 07:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR: 302 w/aluminum heads, Edlebrock injection. Street car trim, no scoop, side pipes or rollbar.
Send a message via AIM to Maricopa
Not Ranked     

Al, buddy 'ol pal, put down the Dale Carnegie book and embrace your Cobra entitled brethren. You know deep down you're one of us asswipes....
KevinW likes this.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     

I own a cobra and I am entitled to be obnoxious.

AZ Bob
Old 03-31-2014, 06:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

You are entitled to be obnoxious because you are old, not because you own a cobra!

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 03-31-2014, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: MK 2, 351 stroked supercharged
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Bebout View Post
Went to a local parking lot car show last night and after I parked and killed the engine, some old woman, dressed like a man, thanked me. Naturally, I thought he meant I'd improved the neighborhood a little, but when I aXed wa fo, he said for "turning off the noise". I said "what", he repeated, I said "what", he repeated again so I finally quit messing with him and just aXed him if he didn't like the sound of horse power. He moved his chair to the other side of his very nice '67 GTO and we didn't pass the time of day. Maybe he wa confuzed and thought he was at a craft fair or something.
I hear that Karl. At a car show, I was talking to a man and woman, they had asked me if I had a car there. I said yes. I have a Supercharged 408 FF Cobra. Their response was “O” that is one of those noise kit cars. As they sit beside his and hers 2010 Corvettes. Did I mention they were public school teachers?
That’s ok in parades all I hear from the crowed is let’s hear it and the kids’ faces lite up. Another Cobra owner is born.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
It's just a V8 with sidepipes, another replica owner who feels entitled to be obnoxious
You got it bud!
Old 04-12-2014, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MkIII 302/345 Mass-Flo
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Went to a local parking lot car show last night and after I parked and killed the engine, some old woman, dressed like a man, thanked me. Naturally, I thought he meant I'd improved the neighborhood a little, but when I aXed wa fo, he said for "turning off the noise". I said "what", he repeated, I said "what", he repeated again so I finally quit messing with him and just aXed him if he didn't like the sound of horse power. He moved his chair to the other side of his very nice '67 GTO and we didn't pass the time of day. Maybe he wa confuzed and thought he was at a craft fair or something.
The only thing I would have said different after he said "thanks for turning off the noise" I would have said, "that's not noise, that's music."

YMMV

FFR6043 Delivered 04/29/07 Non-donor. Legally on the road 07/08/09. Finished 08/09/10

These cars are kinda like a lightweight, precision guided sledgehammer.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MkIII #6046 SBF
Not Ranked     

There are a lot of different groups within the definition of "car people". If you haven't had a drag racing background at least as a fan, you probably would not appreciate Karl's car. It's the loudest thing I've heard away from the drag strip! Another factor that can put people off is that if they are HOH, it is worse because your ears are actually more sensitive to the experience. But you have to love that "rat motor"!!! Just remember to bring the ear plugs. WEK.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

I've considered getting electronic cutouts to bypass the mufflers, but then thought, why bother? I like the low, melow, tone I have by going through the mufflers. It might be a little raspy without them.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Dreams
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
I hear ya, been to a couple of car shows myself. Really enjoyed looking at the fully restored matching number entries; Olds 442, Chevelle SS 454, GTO Tri-power 400, Boss 429 and if you're lucky maybe a Dodge Charger Daytona Hemi. Sooner or later some ass wipe will show up making all kinds of ruckus (as if that's the right to passage for these events), but in a hotrod kit car with a cobra body slapped on it. They idle around as if looking for the red carpet parking spot lol.

Maybe there should be a section for the hotrod guys just outside the fairgrounds where they can make all the noise they want. Everybody would be happy, hotrod guys outside can fight for the red carpet parking spot, serious restorers and audience inside can appreciate authentic originals brought back to excellent condition. What ya think ass wipe?
Nobody doesn't like the old cars with or without numbers matching. It's the fact that he woke up a snoozing Democrat who was stealing a chair and spying on the car guys. BUSTED!
Old 04-13-2014, 01:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR from Levy Racing 302 FI w/Edelbrock Performer heads
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I've considered getting electronic cutouts to bypass the mufflers, but then thought, why bother? I like the low, melow, tone I have by going through the mufflers. It might be a little raspy without them.
You have mufflers???????

Vietnam Vets may be eligible for medical care and disability compensation. Contact the VA if you have prostate cancer or type 2 diabetes. Finally got around to going to the VA.