17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-22-2015, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3/302/570 street avenger
Not Ranked     
Default Car Show in Encinitas

I attended the monthly car show they had in Encinitas on the 101, Thursday evening. Lot's of fun. Cool bands playing early 60's surfing music, diners everywhere. I met Benny, Steve, and Ralph of The SoCal Shelby American Automobile Club. Nice guys.
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2015, 04:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1989 KCC from South Africa Right Hand Drive
Not Ranked     

Looks great.....
Old 05-22-2015, 09:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance#2352/Aluminum SO/490 c.i. 650 h.p. 605 tq.
Not Ranked     

enjoyed meeting and talking Cobra with you. Really want to come over and join you guys on one of your runs. Hopefully in the fall
Old 05-22-2015, 10:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     

Scotty, that looks like a great bunch of cobra owners. Maybe we can meet them halfway sometime Spring or Fall. Did you introduce your Cigars, Scotch and Sugarman?

AZ Bob
Old 05-23-2015, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

BobBro, All I introduced to them was Sandi, and she took off shopping. Girls !
Old 05-23-2015, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Good thing you didn't introduce them to Sugarman. They'd have stoned your azz right out of town. And rightly so! Many people have a "mistakenly" low opinion of us desert rats anyway and that would not have helped any.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

no we are a bunch of mutts over here, always have a good snort of moonshine
Old 05-23-2015, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bro,
Please post the map for the Hannigan's Meadow run for Varmint. Maybe we'll run it again in the fall.

Karl,
Remember the Desert Rat they were hunting in the desert around Phoenix in the late 60's ? That wasn't you was it ?
Old 05-23-2015, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

"Please post the map for the Hannigan's Meadow run for Varmint. Maybe we'll run it again in the fall."

I'll lead the way.

Scottie, the late '60s was 'way before my time. Well, at least in AZ. I didn't cross the border until '78.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm glad you made it, The Az Cobras wouldn't be the same without you.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Racing
Not Ranked     

We met 3 of the socal Cobra group in Santa Barbara a couple of weeks ago. There were fun guys with some nice Cobra's. This is a great show and it offers a lot of different venues. We drove over on Saturday (about 8 hours). Stopped at the Paradise Cove Resturant in Malibu for lunch and drove along PHC from Santa Monica to Santa Barbara. Two car shows on saturday in the AM and wine tasting around SB in the PM. Group dinner Sunday evening and back on the road at 9am monday for the ride home. Met up with SoCal and BACC from SFO area. We took about 30 rooms in the motel and enjoyed a margarita party around the pool saturday evening. The car show is called "wheels to waves". Most don't enter the show anymore but there is a lot to do around the show. I think 3 guys out of about 30 cars did enter the show. This was year number 8 for the group attending. Really nice to drive along the ocean in 60-70 degree weather. Consider for next year? The SoCal group said there was a Shelby show coming up in Oct somewhere north of Santa Barbara. I will post the details later this fall if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Mesa Mike; 05-30-2015 at 07:07 AM..
Old 05-30-2015, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa Mike View Post
We met 3 of the socal Cobra group in Santa Barbara a couple of weeks ago. There were fun guys with some nice Cobra's. This is a great show and it offers a lot of different venues. We drove over on Saturday (about 8 hours). Stopped at the Paradise Cove Resturant in Malibu for lunch and drove along PHC from Santa Monica to Santa Barbara. Two car shows on saturday in the AM and wine tasting around SB in the PM. Group dinner Sunday evening and back on the road at 9am monday for the ride home. Met up with SoCal and BACC from SFO area. We took about 30 rooms in the motel and enjoyed a margarita party around the pool saturday evening. The car show is called "wheels to waves". Most don't enter the show anymore but there is a lot to do around the show. I think 3 guys out of about 30 cars did enter the show. This was year number 8 for the group attending. Really nice to drive along the ocean in 60-70 degree weather. Consider for next year? The SoCal group said there was a Shelby show coming up in Oct somewhere north of Santa Barbara. I will post the details later this fall if anyone is interested.
First I've heard of the Santa Barbara show hope you post the details several of us would surely like to attend!!!
Old 05-30-2015, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Racing
Not Ranked     

Wheels and Waves Car Show | Santa Barbara City College 2015 That will take you their page. It was May 17th. It was at City College which is on a bluff over looking the Santa Barbara Marina and the pacific ocean. One day show each May. We were a featured event with about 200 cars. Featured? Yes, all the cars were on site except 20-30 Cobra's. We received the OK to enter and we did so as a group. As soon as we shut down the PA announced that "the official start of the show could now begin". Talk about making a statement. Later that day we cruised to some local wineries. We chose Firestone and Fess Parker wineries. It felt like cruising through the hills of NAPA again. The drive across the desert was pretty mild since we left at 5am. Coming back it did get a little warm between Quartize and PHX. We left late (9am) to get behind the LA commute. Leaving at 5am from SB would take us home without and heat at all. Well, not as much anyway. If anyone is interested I will put together the information for next year. We have used the same Motel for the last 8 years. The motel blocks off their underground parking garage for just the "Cobra Clubs". La Quinta at the end of State Street is the place and location. It's a one day show (sunday) and the rest is local cruises, shopping and dining. This is a trip that was put together to keep our Ladies happy. We used to go to Knotts Berry Farm each year but the girls hated it. They refused to go back but the attractions of SB (Shopping) kept them in the cars and happy. This past year only had about 25 cars. We have approached 40 in past years. Some regulars bailed at the last min. or we would have had 30, which is not bad. We usually pull out of the underground garage at the same time. You can image what the hotel guest thought when we all fired up the Cobra's and roared out of the garage onto State street. Sweeeeeeet!

Last edited by Mesa Mike; 05-30-2015 at 03:39 PM..
Old 05-31-2015, 06:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm interested in going next year. And what the hey, if the ladies b*%ch, leave 'em home !

Last edited by Scotchman; 05-31-2015 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: edit