LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2021, 11:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
Why does this only happen here ?? Every other time I send pictures to web sites the pictures are right side up ??? Cheers.
This forum software is older than dirt.
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:13 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
This forum software is older than dirt.
You mean "original"?
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone star 351w /408cu.in.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I've had a rare opportunity to keep company with a older "Supercar" lately. This car is from 2006 have been clocked at a True 202MPH, 0-60 2.89sec. 500HP, will pull 1.2g's on street tires, has roll up windows, AC, Radio. I could easily drive it to Az. to see the boys there, and get 30MPG. Nothing I don't like about this Supercar, "except", it does nothing like a Cobra, So No Drama, or noise, smoke, rattles, just a boring car compared to our Cobras. That pretty much sums up a Cobra ownership, I believe we put up a with lot (And love it) to get our Cobra fix . By the way this is that car, Anybody ever spent time with one?? TommyRot.
You must be the other hemisphere. I had and drove a c6 for about 90,000 miles. Most trouble free car I ever owned. Looked fantastic, most comfortable too! That said it was boring unless really pushed. Having had a long misspent youth on very fast motorcycles, I am at that point in life where I enjoy the cobra for exactly what is is. I have more fun at 35-50 mph in the cobra than I ever did in the vette. Not a criticism, Just my reality.
Alfa02 and Harpoon PV2 like this.
Old 09-07-2021, 05:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

My rates are quite reasonable
Attached Images

Alfa02 and Bruce.huling like this.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone star 351w /408cu.in.
Not Ranked     

Wow. What is that?
FredG likes this.
Old 09-07-2021, 10:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB View Post
Tom, I have always wanted that Ultima GTR on my Xbox Forza 5 game but can't buy it without joining and paying a membership. My favorite racecar back in the original Xbox days. Thanks for the memories. Other favorite was Lance Reventlow's Scarab from back in 1958 built with Phil Remington before Cobra days.

AZ Bob
Always loved the Reventlow Scarab's! On a side note, after I got to drive my first Cobra, a late model small block back in 75, I in turn got to drive one of the Datsun 240Z Scarab cars, with a 327 Chevy engine. After only a couple of minutes, I said to the owner, this is what the Cobra should have turned into! The AC 428 is a beautiful car, but I think time had already past it by.
Old 09-08-2021, 04:28 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     
Default The Scarab that never was.

Harpoon PV2 , let me share a (Short ) little story of the Scarab that never was. Back in 75 I owned a 72 240Z. Myself and all the rest of the Z-car owners around here were doing the BRE thing, Spook's, Cams, wheels, intake, Webers, you name it, we all had to have it. Then Road & Track did this write up, on this dude (Brian Morrow) in Cal. that did these conversion's with Z-car. WELL, this will fix my lack of HP, so I sent off $9.95 for info. Ended up speaking at length with Brian, about my build. We came up with a plan, I would send my car to him for the complete conversion, and since it would be a track/autocross/ driver. I would end up with DZ-302 Chevy (Revs better, lighter weight)and a Alum case T-10. Everything's Perfect so far Then the wife stepped in As she explained there is NO WAY you're taking out a $11,500 loan on a $4000 Z-car I no longer have that wife, but I bet I would still have that Scarab That idea stayed in my head for years, till 8years ago, I brought the RX-7/V8 (302 Ford I might add )which I still have. Cheers TommyRot.
Bruce.huling and Harpoon PV2 like this.

Last edited by Alfa02; 09-08-2021 at 04:55 AM..
Old 09-08-2021, 10:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Harpoon PV2 , let me share a (Short ) little story of the Scarab that never was. Back in 75 I owned a 72 240Z. Myself and all the rest of the Z-car owners around here were doing the BRE thing, Spook's, Cams, wheels, intake, Webers, you name it, we all had to have it. Then Road & Track did this write up, on this dude (Brian Morrow) in Cal. that did these conversion's with Z-car. WELL, this will fix my lack of HP, so I sent off $9.95 for info. Ended up speaking at length with Brian, about my build. We came up with a plan, I would send my car to him for the complete conversion, and since it would be a track/autocross/ driver. I would end up with DZ-302 Chevy (Revs better, lighter weight)and a Alum case T-10. Everything's Perfect so far Then the wife stepped in As she explained there is NO WAY you're taking out a $11,500 loan on a $4000 Z-car I no longer have that wife, but I bet I would still have that Scarab That idea stayed in my head for years, till 8years ago, I brought the RX-7/V8 (302 Ford I might add )which I still have. Cheers TommyRot.
I had a 71 240Z also, wanted to convert it to a V8 and yes life sucker punched me! Oh well, at lest within the next year, I should fulfill my dream of a small block Cobra. Better late then never!
Alfa02 and Bruce.huling like this.