21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 06:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog
My Vin number is:

That's the number on my pink slip & registration, & same as my license plate.

jdog
Well being that you are from California I can tell you that an if an officer runs your registration that number means nothing to him. He will need to run your plate or state issued ID# to get any info back on the car.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK1
Not Ranked     

My FFR had to get a state issued vin number here in AZ, it came from CA, where it was registered under the FFR number. I had to put the new vin tag next to the original FFR tag. But hey, no emissions and tags are 20 bucks, so I'm not complaining!!!

Steve
Old 10-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4795 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up My 'state issued' offical Vin number is:

CSX4795

They can run the plate, registration, vin plate, pink slip, or chassis number, they all say the same thing; CSX4795!

There is NO other number on my car.

jdog
Old 10-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile Is it real?

No, it's a cheap fake that I build.

Dwight
Old 10-10-2007, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I really didn't mean to hijack the thread. I brought up the Highway Patrol thing, well, because they are the first to ask me the question (as I don't yet have the car). I thought it was interesting (in the vein of this thread) that they didn't care about the lineage (manufactured, assembled, continuation, replicar, doner, etc.). They classify all Cobras (except an original) as a special construction vehicle - deserving of a special inspection - to verify the parts used in that construction.

I love this thread - and will eventually use all the comeback lines. So, back to the action.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

BTW - car here in 2 weeks! About to jump out of my skin. My wife and family are just as excited!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

This MG ? I don't know. I was sleeping with this dudes wife so I figured I might as well borrow his car too.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think the next time someone asks me if "its a real one?" I'm going to tell them it's a Fiero and then ask if they want to race.

Steve
Old 10-10-2007, 07:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

LOL! _

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan
This MG ? I don't know. I was sleeping with this dudes wife so I figured I might as well borrow his car too.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Joey Manufacturing Inc.
Send a message via Yahoo to joey_hv
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I think the only time I get miffed anymore is when somebody knocks on the body. That level of disrespect still raises my blood pressure.
I have a 12 yr old and a 14 yr old boys, showed them how to hold your hands behind your back and lean forward to look at a vehicle, don't tap on it you dont even lay your hand on it, told them "see that beautiful shine on it? they worked hard to get that look on it, you don't ruin it by touching it" always get respectful nods from car owners at shows when my two boys walk around their car with their little hands clasped behind their backs.
"Me fodder was King Neptune, me mudder was a mermaid. I was born on the crest of a wave and rocked in the cradle of the deep. Me hair is like hemp, me arms are like spars. When I spits, I spits tar. I'm hard, I am, I is, I are. "
Old 10-11-2007, 05:24 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Is that an original or a kit car?

My answer depends upon who is asking and my mood at that time:

Neither ... its a factory built replica of a 65 Cobra.
(used about 95% of the time).

Its a real car, but its not a 1/2 million dollar (or more) original ... so I can drive it every day, just like you do with your car ... but I have more fun than you do! Laugh and smile.

Yes.
(that really gets them confused - I've only used this one a couple of times).

Seeing that an original costs 1/2 million or more, I have all of my money in the stock market so I can enjoy this fiberglass replica without the worry of owning such an expensive car ... and I drive it every day.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: n/a
Send a message via Yahoo to imagine2frolic
Not Ranked     

IT'S an ORIGINAL KIT!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MkII/ Powerdyne supercharged 5Litre w/1.72 FMS rollers/ Crane high perf springs., otherwise stock.
Not Ranked     

My car has emblems over the vents that say "Powered by Ford"....I have had people ask me when Ford made these cars....I've never been able to come up with a suitable answer, without going into the whole history thing...
So I just say "It's a '65" , and leave it at that.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKIII, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam
Not Ranked     

If they ask, "Is it an original?" I say "No, it's a Factory Five.", smile, and wait for the next question.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 2252 sold 3-08, 1986 AC Cobra MK IV #185
Not Ranked     

Some guys look at CSX 2252 and say, "Who made this kit?" I say "Some guy in California named Carroll Shelby back in 1964. Hope it looks real." Many people, even Cobra owners, will actually knock on the body and feel under the fenders and not say anything. This makes me mad when they do that.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
CSX4795

They can run the plate, registration, vin plate, pink slip, or chassis number, they all say the same thing; CSX4795!

There is NO other number on my car.

jdog
See the blue and silver tag on the frame rail? That is the California issued id# for the vehicle. Your vehicle if registered under SB100 (which unless it is an original is should be) should have that same tag. If an officer were to run your plate to verify the VIN that is the number that would show up in his computer screen. My chasis number (SP01715) is also stamped on the frame rail next to the above mentione tag, but like I said before this number means nothing to an officer trying to do a VIN check.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex CSX3327, & AK7113 AutoKraft AC MK IV
Not Ranked     

Old phart, it might be interesting for your views on the similarities and differnces both touchable and seat of pants between your two vehicles. What do you think?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4795 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down Nope! No blue tag.

No blue tag on my car & I have already renewed my registration once. I guess not all Calif cars have a different state issued number.

The only other tag on my car is the SB100 sticker that BAR put on it and it says CSX4795 as well.

BTW I got 'stopped' this morning by one of Folsom PD's finest, for 'chirping' my tires at a stop light. He ran my plates & registration, let me go with a 'warning'!

No issues with my registration as of this morning!

jdog
Old 10-11-2007, 04:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4812, 511" SHELBY #578, TWM throttles, electromotive EFI/DIS
Not Ranked     

The CHP didn't add a blue tag to my Authentic '65 model 427sc built in 2006 Shelby Cobra because the serial #CSX4812 was stamped into my frame and corresponds to Shelby's manufacturer's statement of origin "SHELBY AMERICAN CSX4812" . The CHP properly assigned vin#CSX4812 to their entry to the Cali DMV. My period correct '63 thru '67 black and gold Cali license plate is simply CSX4812. I love it.
The crowd of CHP's that gathered around the car for some forty minutes that day admired the whole of the car sooo much that they missed the non DOT goodyear billboards.

And like Jdog, it's been renewed once already.

Answer to the question is "No mine's not one of the originals, it's a brand new one from Carroll Shelby.":

I am a very happy dude. I hope that all of you are enjoying your cars as much as I do mine. Thats what it has gotta be about!!

And Jdog, I know that you still have to be pinchin' yourself when you open the garage and turn the key.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
No blue tag on my car & I have already renewed my registration once. I guess not all Calif cars have a different state issued number.

The only other tag on my car is the SB100 sticker that BAR put on it and it says CSX4795 as well.

BTW I got 'stopped' this morning by one of Folsom PD's finest, for 'chirping' my tires at a stop light. He ran my plates & registration, let me go with a 'warning'!

No issues with my registration as of this morning!

jdog
My mistake then. They must still be using the CSX# as a valid vehicle ID# but still requiring registration under SB100 as a special construction vehicle. Does your registration read "Special Construction" or a similar abreviation?
I was stopped once in my car and the officer and dispatcher were confused by this designation and did not mention what it was a replica of.