Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   HandGun owners (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/96452-handgun-owners.html)

mikiec 04-22-2009 12:58 PM

HandGun owners

At our picnic we were discussing having a club gathering at a local range for our members.

I would like either Dave from Mesa or Mike Dotson, both competetive shooters, to see what they can come up with. (That is if they are willing to arrainge this).

Let me know if you guys are interested or what do I need to do to set this up.

Mike.

Dave, thanks for scolding me at the picnic.

csx4910 04-22-2009 01:15 PM

Count me in. I am a novice still learning to shoot but any chance to practice burning through some rounds will help. My wife got me a Springfield XD45 for a Christmas present but with my surgery I haven't been able to get out much to practice.
Ron

Mdman352 04-22-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiec (Post 942446)
At our picnic we were discussing having a club gathering at a local range for our members.

I would like either Dave from Mesa or Mike Dotson, both competetive shooters, to see what they can come up with. (That is if they are willing to arrainge this).

Let me know if you guys are interested or what do I need to do to set this up.

Mike.

Are these guys benchrest shooters?
David

Karl Bebout 04-22-2009 01:20 PM

Come on Dave, get your dibs in so we can do this on this side of town.

mikiec 04-22-2009 01:47 PM

Ron,

That's the same gun I just picked up last week.

Mike

dave from mesa 04-22-2009 02:56 PM

No David handgun.
I up for it. Anyone know of a place we can get together as a group? Here at Rio there is no place to do this on a weekend. Anyone know a place in the desert? Like that isn't being taken away! :mad:

My backyard would be fine with me but not sure the neighbors or cops would like it. :eek: :confused:

Bob In Ct 04-22-2009 03:34 PM

Where exactly are you guys buying ammo? Here on the east coast you cannot find 9mm range ammo.

Bob

dave from mesa 04-22-2009 04:05 PM

Bob
If I told ya I'd have to........... well you know. :LOL::LOL:

csx4910 04-22-2009 04:08 PM

2 locations come to mind. Scottsdale Gun Club is an indoor range I joined and I beelive it came with a couple of guest passes (101 and Bell) Also, Ben Avery shooting range is off of the I-17 and the 101 but it is outside. Thats fine as long as its not 1000 degrees outside. Sorry I meant 100 but it feels like 1000
Ron

dave from mesa 04-22-2009 05:53 PM

Prefer not indoors if possible. Ben Avery would be fine if we could get a bay by ourselves. I could probably get one at Rio but it would have to be during the week as they have matches on the weekends.
Doesn't anyone know of a place in the desert that doesn't have a jillion ppl?

Quote:

You're welcome but you caught yourself so you did good.

Ibr8k4vetts 04-22-2009 07:36 PM

Sounds like fun...wish we could do that in Kalifornia but we would be placed on a terrorist list:CRY:

lovehamr 04-22-2009 07:47 PM

Wish I were closer, I'd be there!

Steve

Danr55 04-22-2009 08:40 PM

If the timing is right, I'll play..

dave from mesa 04-22-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Sounds like fun...wish we could do that in Kalifornia but we would be placed on a terrorist list
Mike
What makes you think we aren't? :rolleyes:

Steve
If you bring the lady in your avatar we might help pay for your airfare.:3DSMILE:

Karl Bebout 04-22-2009 09:52 PM

I know of a really nice place out on the Army Reserve's artilary range that has good visability and a great back stop. The down side is that it's 'way thehell out there. Beyond East Bumbscrew and even beyond Florence Junction. I've never run into anyone there but its been a couple years since I've gone there. There's also the possibility that going out on a weekend, the red flag might be flying and I'd really rather not be on the range then.

mikiec 04-22-2009 10:12 PM

Wimp....

Mike

vettestr 04-22-2009 11:25 PM

I do most of my plinking out in the sticks. I find some by the book Range Master a pain in the a$$ when I just want to shoot many holes in things.I know of a couple of spots up on the N side of the valley. BUT I am not so sure the desert is the best choice for our first gathering. We are going to have folks who have brand new pieces or maybe first timers. The benefits of a shooting range can be many. From tables and benches under shade too sand bags for a dead rest to help adjust sights are a few positives. I have a new Toy that I have not fired yet and a Range would work well for that so..... Whatever the gang wants to do.

Maricopa 04-23-2009 01:08 AM

Gonna be tough to find a decent place with summer coming on. The Cactus Combat Match League has regular shoots out at Ben Avery, including this Sat night, if anyone wants to come out and do a little 'practical' pistol shooting. You just need a serviceable centerfire pistol, holster and about 100 rounds. It's laid back but still safety-minded. Hot range with (usually) 4 stages and time for some 'free' shooting afterward.

mrpink 04-23-2009 04:37 AM

Why do you guys feel you need to own guns? You are not the military or the police.

brent110672 04-23-2009 04:48 AM

Get the popcorn!