Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Arntz/Butler Forum

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By EB847

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2016, 04:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default My '79 Arntz at Mini-Nats 31 - Sears Point Raceway

https://youtu.be/i_r8278_-Hk
JBCOBRA, joyridin' and bjretired like this.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Looks good! What engine do you have?
Old 09-06-2016, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks! 383 stroker built by Joe Boghosian
Old 10-10-2016, 10:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Excellent!
What front end / suspension mods are you running?
Old 10-13-2016, 02:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks. MGB. There are some Butler upgrades on the rear at least that I know of. There was little documentation with the car when I bought it a couple years ago. There is very well balanced with no pronounced over or under steer. It has Wilwood calipers but I definitely need to figure out something as they overheated out there and got squishy toward the end of the run.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

See if you can find a way to run some air ducts to the rotors, it will help cool them. Try to use the brakes as little as possible, quick hard braking and then off the brakes. You can also use downshifting/upshifting to transfer weight to the front wheels for turning. Another trick is to quickly taking your foot off the throttle, turn and then quickly accelerating to transfer weight to the front wheels and briefly slowing before turning during turns that do not require much braking. I would just caution you to attempt these techniques at slower speeds initially and only in corners with a lot of runoff in case you run into problems.

good luck
Old 10-13-2016, 04:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

What brakes did the MGB front end Arntz come with? Is there a willwood upgrade available?
Old 10-13-2016, 05:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I believe most of them came with GM rotors and Wilwood calipers. Are your cars set-up with twin master cylinders or a single cylinder? More than likely, it is the rear that are fading. Solid rotors tucked into the small space in the rear generate a lot of heat with nowhere to go. JH Engineering makes a kit for vented rear rotors, but it is not cheap by any means.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Mine has two masters. My brake mechanic is trying to get to them now as it appears there is a leak.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyridin' View Post
I believe most of them came with GM rotors and Wilwood calipers. Are your cars set-up with twin master cylinders or a single cylinder? More than likely, it is the rear that are fading. Solid rotors tucked into the small space in the rear generate a lot of heat with nowhere to go. JH Engineering makes a kit for vented rear rotors, but it is not cheap by any means.
Good info. I will add ducts to the front. Would you happen to have a link to those rear rotors?
Old 10-27-2016, 06:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

PM sent.