Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 10-08-2010, 01:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACBill View Post
Interesting adentures you have had on your journey..makes for a good read.

The thread title caught my interest, as I have spent a few September's hunting geese in Innisfail.

Innisfail in Alberta, Canada that is.. I noticed another poster who is located on the Sunshine Coast, which is also the name of an area here in B.C.

Any places called Parksville down under?
We've got a joint called Parkes in western NSW. It was the place that took the original picture signals of the moon landings and sent them to NASA. I think theres a suburb called Parkesborough.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Ravenshoe - now there is a golf course! Huge boulders in the middle of the fairways and a lottery if your drive hit one of them. Loved your story Baz.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Off chasing Barra's and Jacks in the morning

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB Cobra, Ford 2001 4.6l Quad Cam Stroked to 5.2l (ported heads, reground cams from SHM + a Kenne Bell 2.8 Charger + Intercooler) Autronic SM4 Ecu, Autometer Cobalt Gauges, Trigo 8 & 10 x 15 Halibrand Knock Offs, Goodyear Eagle Tyres
Not Ranked     

Who would want to live in Innisfail!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 10:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Not Ranked     

Not me, it is too Fuggin wet, Too Fuggin humid and the speed limits are too slow.
And dont get me started on the damn bridge being closed.
Are you working all next week Blair?
I will zip down if weather looks ok, or I will call in on Thursday as I travel toward Townsville for my return journey.

Didnt catch anything the other day, sitting up at Atherton watching Bathurst, Cobra still in Innisfail, too wet to drive it up.

Cruising in 5th

Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 540
Not Ranked     

Maybe you could put a roof on the 540 in alice when you build it
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2010, 11:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Paul, the owner already has the roof pics and I think he is keen to order one.

See you on Friday.

Cruising in 5th

Old 10-10-2010, 11:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Earleir last week Ronda and I went to Paranela park.
If you have not seen it before then it is a nice place to go for a look, sadly Ronda and I saw it in its finest (before fire and before cyclone) so for us it looked "run down"
20 years ago when Ronda and I first strated going out we would go swimming here all the time.

Stopped at a car place my brother inlaw told me about not far from his house at Atherton, it is a Chrysler/Valiant gold mine.

Cruising in 5th

Old 10-11-2010, 01:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Geez Dave! Give those Valiants a rest! Some look in reasonable nick actually. Paronella Park still looks interesting - like it should be in the jungle in Cambodia.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 540
Not Ranked     

Good to see you arrive home with yourself and car in one piece.Hope looking at my car makes it easier to use the build CD.Did Chris get the latest build CD as i asked for instructions on thelectric windows and they sent an updated build CD.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have made it home after my little journey.
I must say that the Ranges around Alice have never looked so good.
My return journey started on Thursday when I drove the short hop from Innisfail to Townsville, true to form it rained from Cardwell to about 30kls south of Ingham.
I will also add that I love RainX, the only time visability became an issue was when the rain became so heavy that it was misting onto the inside of the screen.
After drying me and the car out Thursday night at my inlaws house I set off at about 7am Friday heading toward Mt Isa.
Rain once again became an issue about 20kls out of Hughendon.
Here is a view heading into it.

It was then pretty consistant rain (heavy in patches) until Julia Creek (about 280kls), then it was gone with dry roads and cloud free skies.
Sady there was also road works which combined with rain have ended up caking my side pipes as the mud dried from there heat.

Although it is a little hard to see in the picture, there is about 1/2 inch of water covering the floor.

The motel staff where concerned over rain predicted for Friday night so they cleared a spot for me to park, they knew my car as I stayed at the same place on my way through the first time.

And I was in the room to the right

I then went around to check out Pauls 540 build, sadly Paul was called away, but he was kind enough to organise for his sister to show me the car, Thanks again Paul and great looking build.

I left Mt Isa at 8am this morning (picked up 1/2 hour in time difference) although it was a little cold today, it was atleast dry.
Arrived into Alice at 5pm local time.

As can be seen total travel distance was 5063kls, approx 250 of which was arround Innisfail, the rest was in 6 days driving (2 of those days where only 260kl each day, Innisfail - Townsville)
I used just over 625 litres of Premium.

Not a drop of water nor a drop of oil.

Cruising in 5th

Old 10-16-2010, 04:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul68 View Post
Good to see you arrive home with yourself and car in one piece.Hope looking at my car makes it easier to use the build CD.Did Chris get the latest build CD as i asked for instructions on thelectric windows and they sent an updated build CD.
The disk I have a copy of does not show the power windows, I will get Chris to ring on Monday and get a new one, Thanks again.

Cruising in 5th

Old 10-16-2010, 07:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

Well done Dave,
In just over a fortnight you have done more K's in your car than I have done in almost two years!

Great to hear it gave no you no trouble.