Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 06-08-2010, 04:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     
Default Jag rear handbrake route?

Hi Guys,

I am installing my hand brake at the moment (jag rear). I have to mount the handle on the centre consul because there is no room on the right of the seat. The problem is that with the inboard brakes the cable has to come in from the side. Basically you end up with a very small cable that needs to loop out and back in the side.

I am using the Lokar handle and 'you cut to size' cable.

How i have it will work ok, but it is sort of jammed in there. I just thought i would ask how others have run the cable with inboard brakes. For those that arent familiar with the Jag set up, the two levers are pulled together to activate the brake meaning that the outside of the cable has to be able to move.

Any opinions are welcomed. Pics of other would be great.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Zedn

On your last picture where you have the cable leaving the brake lever and travelling forward, I looped the cable heading rearward first but essentially then looping 360 degrees to come out through the rear cockpit wall to the left side of the drivers seat.

The G Force, and I assume RMC, handbrake hangs off the driver's side of the tunnel, so the cable then just fed to the rear of the handbrake.

Cheers
Old 06-08-2010, 06:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So the cable goes in a circle and back over itself? Any pics? I am trying to keep the cable from touching the body of the caliper in case the plastic melts.

It makes sense what you have done, how big is the loop though? I imagine it would have to be fairly big so the cable doesnt bind.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: drb,5.4 ltr,jag f/r
Not Ranked     

zedn i have the drb with jag rear and ialso have looped cable around diff housing but have swapped rhs brake to lhs and vise versa this was instucted by drb build manual in order to work correctly
Old 06-08-2010, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So does that mean yours activate by moving outwards instead of squeezing together? Any pics?
Old 06-08-2010, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Zedn, you can also make a pivot bar from the first lever part way to the left lever with the outer cable pivoting on that bar.

That moves the fixed outer cable pivot more to the left and allows a larger radius on the cable.

Send me a PM with email and I'll send you a rough sketch.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Rebel,

I sent you a PM. I just spent two seconds drawing and came up with the answer. Thanks for making me think outside the box.

I am going to try two bars attached to the levers and meeting in the middle with a pin eg wide open scissors. My cable will then go straight to the middle and pull these bars to the front of the car. Cable can run straight then.

Your a Jenious!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

email sent back Liam.
Cheers mate

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: