Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 06-23-2010, 03:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     
Default Kevin Dudd.

Will he be joining the ranks of the unemployed tonight?

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush. Lexus quad cam V8, R154 Supra box. Oh what a feeling.
Not Ranked     

We can only hope Dave.

Proud member of the Bclub Central Coast chapter
Old 06-23-2010, 03:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Kevin Dudd - Tony Rabid .... who cares is only politics

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Not Ranked     

It may not win me many friends in here but I was happy with the way he handled things when GFC hit, yes he did hand out alot of money, but doing so I think helped Australia not to go down the ****ter as far as a lot of other places did.
But this mine issue I think has hurt him alot harder than he thought it would.
Yes I was one of the under earning bogans who had stimulas money given to me - it was perfect timing for when I went to England 12 months ago.

Cruising in 5th

Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Does anyone know or ever met anyone that actually voted the bloke in???? Flame suit on in preparation!
Old 06-23-2010, 04:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I may have been happy to take his money but I did infact vote for little Johnny as I was happy with the job he had been doing, especially with illegal immigrants.

Cruising in 5th

Old 06-23-2010, 04:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to Doubledip
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead View Post
It may not win me many friends in here but I was happy with the way he handled things when GFC hit, yes he did hand out alot of money, but doing so I think helped Australia not to go down the ****ter as far as a lot of other places did.
But this mine issue I think has hurt him alot harder than he thought it would.
Yes I was one of the under earning bogans who had stimulas money given to me - it was perfect timing for when I went to England 12 months ago.
I liked when the money came... helped me pay for rego...

but this mine thing is probably because of all the money he handed out... probably though "oh sh1t! spent heaps of money.. need to recoup it some how"..... he is useless F$%K wit and is full of hot air and promises and needs to join the dole queue as far as i am concerned...

pheewww got that off my chest hahaha
Old 06-23-2010, 05:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival.
Not Ranked     

I did, and received no hand outs. What option is there now, a wing nut with legs.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Boxhead,

The stimulus package worked yes, but not for long. I dont know what its like up there, but if its anything like here Mr Rudd is the reason why you cant get a reasonable concrete price.

I work as a consultant to the building industry in NSW and a lot of my clients are tied up in the BER works that are going on. One of my clients is also a managing contractor for the scheme. In my opinion the scheme has worked for what it was intended to do, stimulate the building industry. However, too quickly and there are a lot of draw backs.

Firstly the fact that so much money was spent so quickly meant that everyone was suddenly flat out. This drove prices through the roof as subbies were pricing work they didnt want or need. Combined with the requirement for it to be local labour, managing contractors had to accept these prices.

Secondly, managing contractors were adding there management fee on which normally would be government overheads. Hence the media circus about the price of the jobs. These managing contractors also are required by accreditations they hold to implement Quality, safety and environmental management systems that typically wouldnt come into play until the job is over $10M. This takes a lot of time to implement and uses resources that cost money, plus the little builders doing the work had to also implement these systems when most had never heard of a safe work method statement let alone a whole management system.

Thirdly, the builders all hired site management staff to run the sites because they didnt have enough existing employees.

Fourthly the builders doing the work all had to provide bank guarantee's meaning they have money tied up for a period during and after the projects.

And finally the problems. There is no more work on the horizon for all of these builders. Even if there was they have been too busy to price it, and they cannot demonstrate financial capacity to win more work because of the guarantee's. They will start to let people go.

I will put money on the fact that the building industry will be in a huge recession at the end of the year or early next year. Right at the time Liberal will come into power and have to clean up the mess. You can bet labour will be saying that its happened because they are out.

Interesting times in Canberra tonight!
Old 06-23-2010, 05:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     

In 11Hrs he'll be gone and THE RANGA will be runnin the C@UNTRY.....
....... the 2 of them would have to be the worst spoken Pollies in the country!!!!!!

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-23-2010, 06:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

I cannot wait to see Rudd break down on TV after all of this is over! He's a phoney, a liar and a gutless leader. I bet Costello is kicking himself for retiring now - he'd be a shoe-in at the next election against Gillard.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, LS1, T56.
Not Ranked     

not many owned up to voting for him yet?

A Fairer Deal for Working Families? KRUDD
Old 06-23-2010, 03:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
not many owned up to voting for him yet?

A Fairer Deal for Working Families? KRUDD
Probably because this is a COBRA forum, and not a sounding board for every armchair politician in the land to have a bleat , and start arguments.

We all might have an opinion about it....but it will most likely be about 50/50 , and consequently all it will do is lead to a big "cat fight" on a Car Club Forum.

I'm staying out of this thread, and I'll go and read the "Cobra / Car related " Topics.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Agreed. This can go no where useful.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, LS1, T56.
Not Ranked     

Looks like a couple turned up..?
Old 06-23-2010, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

hear, hear, wazza!!
Old 06-23-2010, 04:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Maybe he is going to help Baz get his cobra over the pits now he is out of a job? Might cost you some money though Baz, I don't like the look of the calculator in his hand.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wazza, yes it is a car forum, but there is no lounge in this area to raise the question.

It would just fall into space in the pool room.

But if it can be moved into there then I have no issue with that.

But while we are at it there are alot of threads that need to be moved, including the one you bought up about Queensland state of origin.

Now where is that High Horse?

Cruising in 5th

Old 06-23-2010, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

To Merv and Wazza, are you hurting because Kev's a Queenslander?

I dare you to stay out of this thread!
Old 06-23-2010, 06:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead View Post
Wazza, yes it is a car forum, but there is no lounge in this area to raise the question.

It would just fall into space in the pool room.

But if it can be moved into there then I have no issue with that.

But while we are at it there are alot of threads that need to be moved, including the one you bought up about Queensland state of origin.

Now where is that High Horse?
No worries Boxhead,

I agree...there are a few threads that start on this forum, that are non -Cobra related, and seem to be just an excuse for someone to see their names on the screen, and maybe should be flicked.

Obviously that wouldn't include my EXCELLENT State of Origin thread "Go Queenslander !! "thread ...but I get your point.

I was more suggesting that there might be a couple of areas that seem to invoke nasty crappy comments that will only lead to arguments rather than a bit of fun stirring each other up.

Politics and Religion might be the main items in this category...??

I don't really want to get into a debate about either of these....and in any case....

what chance would I have when I'd be up against such masterful mas-debaters with such "don't argue gems" like....

I cannot wait to see Rudd break down on TV after all of this is over! He's a phoney, a liar and a gutless leader. I bet Costello is kicking himself for retiring now - he'd be a shoe-in at the next election against Gillard.

and.....

he is useless F$%K wit and is full of hot air and promises and needs to join the dole queue as far as i am concerned.........

and not to be left out.....

Yes I was one of the under earning bogans who had stimulas money given to me - it was perfect timing for when I went to England 12 months ago

Yeah..

I see your point Boxhead...

It's all much the same as stirring up some support for the State of Origin match, and maybe we should stick to more interesting topics.

Cheers Boxhead,

Wazza

Last edited by Wazza; 06-23-2010 at 06:30 PM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: