Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-14-2010, 11:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Robnell Blown LS1
Not Ranked     
Talking The transformation

We have been working flat out in the last few weeks and I am now seeing some light at the end of the tunnel ! Painting in a tent ! The rollout. Some assembly required. . The color change in the light is unbelievable.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Very very nice - I like the colour.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     

Looking SWeeeet Kyle ....
Mate what a Brilliant idea with the tent ...with tents so damn cheap nowdays it's a great idea to stop the filth getting out or in and the side ventilation is cool as well all the best on the remaining works.
OZ

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-15-2010, 01:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yep $200 well spent, had my doubts at first but it worked a treat.
Paint one week, 21st the next, pretty darn handy.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Niiice ! What's the colour ? It looks very much like the colour I've picked for mine. Mine's a Glasurit colour...no name just a number.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

G'day Rob,
The color is Lexus spectra blue Mica and the stripes are BMW sparkling graphite.
The pictures don't do the color justice.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Kyleb,

What did you use for filtration on the tent? Anymore pics of how the airflow works (inlet and outlet). Was there much of a smell outside the tent?

Thats a fantastic idea. I am planning on hiring a booth, but your set up looks like it might be a better way to go.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Kyleb,
Very nice indeed. Good luck with the rest of your build. I'll be watching with keen interest.
Love the look of the robnell, but with them out of action, have you encountered any difficulties sourcing parts, bits & pieces or is it much the same?
Ps: where are your wheels from? They look great.

Thanks,
Old 08-16-2010, 05:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

G'day Guys,
In the picture you can see the commercial aircon duct which went through the entry door outside, at the end of that is a large single phase fan in a housing which vented through some filter material (DUE TO EPA REGULATIONS), we left the window closest to the duct open which then let enough air in and was'nt being drawn over the body. We were spraying when I took the photo ! There is a small gas powered heater on the opposite corner inside the tent ( I reckon it was about 50 deg in there when painting ) and we kept the floor and surrounding area wet, pressure washed the whole thing inside prior. Must say I was sceptical at first but it worked a treat. The Dupont rep had a look at it afterwards and stated there was less rubbish in the paint than jobs done in a $100,000 booth. (PREP). We replaced the centre pole with an eyelet and hung it from the roof, so no obstruction. Shut all roller doors and as many gaps as possible.
Only one thing occurred to me afterwards was:
1. open flame. (Heater)
2. paint fumes (Flammable)
3. For some reason my wife had just increased my life insurance. (Hmmmm)

Back to the car !!!!!
I had to fabricate a lot of the bits due to the fact that there is no factory support. Although suspension is Jag and steering Gemini.
The wheels are from Vintage wheels in the States, had to machine the backspacing on the fronts though due to the fact that the Tri wing spinner would'nt go on more than a couple of threads.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk1, LS1, T56, Jag S3 suspension
Not Ranked     

Speaking of ventilators...
http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/300m...17-_-prods-_-6

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: