Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mike View Post
Al I know is it was a bloody stupid thing to do.
Very unusual for you to make such an obvious spelling mistake Mike.

And coupled with Stiffy's emphasis on the word 'nasty' in his post.

I think I have solved the mystery Watson.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE w DOUG MEYER ENGINE
Not Ranked     

Whats a Hoon?
That is a funny word LOL
Old 09-29-2010, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It's funny how people can start making assumptions on public forums without knowing all the facts. I am 38 years old with a silver cobra not a grey cobra and live in the area, It could be me rather than who you may think it is! Things like this could cause large legal problems for those making these assumptions on such a forum even if their assumptions are correct. It's also very amusing that the original starter brings up such an illegal act when he doesn't have such a clean slate himself. I would suggest the members posting on this thread have all broken the limit at one stage and by a long way and to suggest otherwise I say you are lying to yourself and everyone else, you just haven't been caught YET. Bringing up such a thread an keeping it going is just dumb and doesn't help the rest of the cobra community and just may expose all of us to future problems seeing how some of the members don't have exactly legal cars as it is, 377 windsors, 408 strokers etc

This is a public forum anyone could be watching, some things are just better left alone.

Last edited by maybeme; 09-29-2010 at 08:53 AM..
Old 09-29-2010, 02:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeme View Post
This is a public forum anyone could be watching, some things are just better left alone.
Amen to that.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Maybeme

You come on the forum - once again - firing from the hip, possibly trying to take the heat away from yourself.

The fact that you have changed your identity to fire this type of rubbish at me and other car owners and car enthusiasts, is indicative of someone that our car clubs are better off without.

Thank you for leaving my car club.

But how dare you then place us in the same category as this low level driver and fool and talk about some small vehicle modification we have made as car builders.

Your post above indicates that you are someone that is better off out of car clubs and importantly out of the car in question if you are the Hoon described.

I cannot name another member on this forum who has driven like this in a populated area in the middle of the day - school holidays. Perhaps this is the normal for you and your club friends.

If you are the person - Hoon described - do us all a favour and just stay away from car events.

Today in the media, this driver is described as an idiot, who could have killed someone, or worse still an entire family. Mention was also made of the Policeman who had to place his life in danger to stop him.

Fantastic for our sport, coverage we do not need.

Yes, I have been guilty of speeding and mucking around in my car, but I am certainly not a maniac racing through suburban family populated streets at mid day at the type of speed that brings embarrassment to the entire car community.

Just look at the news coverage this maniac has received.

Now in your case. Instead of being gutless hiding behind a new identity on a car forum, why not come on this forum admit guilt if appropriate and apologise rather than attacking us. Even trying to blame or shame us.

I think you owe us all an apology for your poor attempt at trying to include us in this idiot league.

My advice to you is change your identity back and do us all a favour - if it is you, change your car.

Any weak attempts at legal threats will see photos of the car and a statement from the Police included on the forum. The Police are more than prepared to name and shame such an idiot.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 09-29-2010, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeme View Post
It's funny how people can start making assumptions on public forums without knowing all the facts. I am 38 years old with a silver cobra not a grey cobra and live in the area, It could be me rather than who you may think it is! Things like this could cause large legal problems for those making these assumptions on such a forum even if their assumptions are correct. It's also very amusing that the original starter brings up such an illegal act when he doesn't have such a clean slate himself. I would suggest the members posting on this thread have all broken the limit at one stage and by a long way and to suggest otherwise I say you are lying to yourself and everyone else, you just haven't been caught YET. Bringing up such a thread an keeping it going is just dumb and doesn't help the rest of the cobra community and just may expose all of us to future problems seeing how some of the members don't have exactly legal cars as it is, 377 windsors, 408 strokers etc

I've always tried to treat forums as if you were there talking with the other folks face to face at a meeting with the courtesy etc.

It's easy to be a keyboard warrior hiding behind an anonymous identity. At this stage I suspect you are a troll* who is probably more likely in possession of acne than a silver Cobra. Find a pair and put up your real name.

*Troll http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

It was 143KM/H in a 60KM/H residential area. I think there's a bit of a difference between that an a bit of a skid away from the traffic lights.

This is some very bad publicity for our sport and we should be seen to be disassociating ourselves from it.

Hoons annoy the hell out of me. I recently moved away from a suburb where at night you could regularly hear dickheads in clapped out VN Commodores doing one wheel burnouts up and down the residential streets. This kind of behavior f@cks it up for all of us legitimate car enthusiasts.

In my younger days I did some stupid things but never that stupid and never in a built up area. You would think by age 38 this person would know better.

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 09-29-2010 at 06:03 PM..
Old 09-29-2010, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mmmmm yes a very NASTY episode...
Old 09-29-2010, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Hmmmmm, Don't assume what I am about to say is in any way condoning the actions of this driver. He has been accused of speeding by Police but not yet convicted by a court. (as far as I am aware).

We don't yet know the circumstances of the case except that which we have read in the media. Hell!, even Paul Keating was accused of running a red light and was found not guilty by the court. We are not guilty until a court says so, and any accused has every right to protect both their identity and allegation of wrong doing until that decision is passed down.

Until we know for sure, then we all should just reserve our judgments and quit this threat of exposure and retaliation.

Frankly, I am somewhat disappointed at the attitude of some members on here. What's the story here fellas?. We are all mates until some-one gets caught speeding, then we party up into a lynch mob?.

Hell!, I can even pull up a few You Tube videos of cobra owners doing absolutely dangerous things on public roads but did not have the misfortune to get caught.

Bernie, Understand there are a few members on here who can pull police records and ensure publication. I'm also sure there are some Queensland Cobra owners who would find the publication of records here more than a little embarrassing. Just because we can does not make that right nor should we ever misuse that privilege.

Last edited by Rebel1; 09-29-2010 at 06:56 PM..
Old 09-29-2010, 07:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

I dont think there has been any "Lynch mobs"

And I agree that most have probably broken the letter of the law at some stage in our Cobra's.

But to do 143 in a suburban street is a pretty silly thing to do.
I mean 143 is not exactly a small margin, and cant be excused with "I was just accelerating from the lights and did not realise".

As mentioned earlier, I am sure the SVGMA group are not too pleased.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead View Post
But to do 143 in a suburban street is a pretty silly thing to do.
As mentioned earlier, I am sure the SVGMA group are not too pleased.
I started my post with the comment "Don't assume what I am about to say is in any way condoning the actions of this driver".

Of course 143Klm in a suburban street is a silly thing to do ... no argument. But so is 100Klm in a suburban street, so is DUI, or whatever offence you care to name. Are you really saying that every one on here has NEVER been booked for any offence?.

I've been passenger in not one, but a few cobras driven by mature aged, seemingly responsible, law abiding, respectable citizens, and the drivers, for whatever reason known to themselves, has exceeded the speed limit .... by heaps.

Whilst we appreciate what the SVGMA is attempting to do, I'm sure this driver is not going to be the last caught speeding in a cobra.

You miss the point of my whole post.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Sorry Les, my reply was not directed at you.
I do see your point.
What I was trying to say is that yes most would have broken a speed limit, hell as a young fella I lost my licence for 6 months.
But with age comes common sence, and I can not think of any time where I have broken the law (by a margin of more than 10% ) within a built up area.
As you can probably guess, Alice is not all that big a place, so most locals know my car and I am getting it all the time where people want to see me spin the wheels from the lights. But I am yet to actually do it (in built up areas) as I know there are not too many Cobra's around so it is easy to figure out who has done it.

There is a time and place for everything, a suburban street is not that place, as you agree.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     

[quote=maybeme;1080837]It's funny how people can start making assumptions on public forums without knowing all the facts.

FACT: 83kph over the limit!!!

I am 38 years old with a silver cobra not a grey cobra and live in the area, It could be me rather than who you may think it is!

FACT...every report or post has stated a SILVER Cobra

Things like this could cause large legal problems for those ....making these assumptions on such a forum even if their assumptions are correct.

You obviously have no knowledge of Libel or Slander!!!!!

It's also very amusing that the original starter brings up such an illegal act when he doesn't have such a clean slate himself. I would suggest the members posting on this thread have all broken the limit at one stage and by a long way and to suggest otherwise I say you are lying to yourself and everyone else, you just haven't been caught YET.

FACT:Everybody HAS said they have at some stage exceeded the limit...by what amount we'll never know!!!
FACT:....YOU WERE CAUGHT!!!!
....and under the current legislation you'll be dealt with accordingly!!!!!

Bringing up such a thread an keeping it going is just DUMB and DOESN'T HELP the rest of the cobra community and just may expose all of us to future problems (HELLO ARE YOU FORGETTING WHAT YOU'VE JUST DONE)seeing how some of the members don't have exactly legal cars as it is, 377 windsors, 408 strokers etc

Dumb is you lamearse attempt to deflect from your MORONIC ACT!!!....

Non-legal strokers..at what point does a stroker become ILLEGAL??? I've just bored out my 202 are you suggesting i turf out the motor and not increase it's capacity... NOT Illegal!!!

You would do more to help yourself if you were up front and acknowledged your moronic act!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMK View Post

The fact that you have changed your identity to fire this type of rubbish at me and other car owners and car enthusiasts, is indicative of someone that our car clubs are better off without.

Thank you for leaving my car club.

But how dare you then place us in the same category as this low level driver and fool and talk about some small vehicle modification we have made as car builders.

Your post above indicates that you are someone that is better off out of car clubs and importantly out of the car in question if you are the Hoon described.

I cannot name another member on this forum who has driven like this in a populated area in the middle of the day - school holidays. Perhaps this is the normal for you and your club friends.

If you are the person - Hoon described - do us all a favour and just stay away from car events.

Today in the media, this driver is described as an idiot, who could have killed someone, or worse still an entire family. Mention was also made of the Policeman who had to place his life in danger to stop him.

Just look at the news coverage this maniac has received.

Now in your case. Instead of being gutless hiding behind a new identity on a car forum, why not come on this forum admit guilt if appropriate and apologise rather than attacking us. Even trying to blame or shame us.

Bernie
THANKS FOR ECHOING MY THOUGHTS!!!!!

Quote:

It was 143KM/H in a 60KM/H RESIDENTIAL area. I think there's a bit of a difference between that an a bit of a skid away from the traffic lights.

This is some very bad publicity for our sport and we should be seen to be disassociating ourselves from it.

You would think by age 38 this person would KNOW BETTER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
Hmmmmm, Don't assume what I am about to say is in any way condoning the actions of this driver. He has been accused of speeding by Police but not yet convicted by a court. (as far as I am aware).

We don't yet know the circumstances of the case!!!!!

Ah hate to say...yes we do!!!!!

Frankly, I am somewhat disappointed at the attitude of some members on here. What's the story here fellas?. We are all mates until some-one gets caught speeding, then we party up into a lynch mob?.

NO...... we are dis-associating ourselves from this MORON and totally rejecting any excuse he offers...there is no excuse for this!!!

Bernie, Understand there are a few members on here who can pull police records and ensure publication.

NO need to preach to an EX-MEMBER!!!

I for one do know the FACTS and who you are!!!!.....and mate there is no excusing this excessive speed in a residential area!!!

I'll take the now free room and regitstration for the Nats at Wakefield Park!!!

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-29-2010, 11:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm not Bystander or maybeme or anybody else.

I completely agree with Rebel1. Some of you should re-read his post as I think you may have missed his point.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
I'm not Bystander or maybeme or anybody else.

I completely agree with Rebel1. Some of you should re-read his post as I think you may have missed his point.
The only ones missing the point are those who think this is defendable!!!!
We all exceed the SPEED LIMIT at some point and on a daily basis!!!!...
...... but not by 83kph which is almost again the top speed permissible on the carriageway he exited from!!!....MORON!!!

I think you'll find 99.9 % of all COBRA owners now drive at speed at the GET IT OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM events now run by a great Victorian Cobra Club committee.

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-30-2010, 12:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB Cobra, Ford 2001 4.6l Quad Cam Stroked to 5.2l (ported heads, reground cams from SHM + a Kenne Bell 2.8 Charger + Intercooler) Autronic SM4 Ecu, Autometer Cobalt Gauges, Trigo 8 & 10 x 15 Halibrand Knock Offs, Goodyear Eagle Tyres
Not Ranked     

When I grow up I want to be just like Rebel1.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair View Post
When I grow up I want to be just like Rebel1.
I've met Les a couple of times. Be careful what you wish for

Old 09-30-2010, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Y'all wanna hold it down just a wee bit?

Old 09-30-2010, 01:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I've met Les a couple of times. Be careful what you wish for
Gawddd, what is it Blair? ... My good looks, my magnetic personality, or my manly physique?. Mate, I'd take Mike's advice.

OZCOBRA, I am aware Bernie is ex law enforcement, which is exactly why I made my comment. I'll leave any further comment to Bernie.

Why is it I sense an alternate agenda is in play here?.

Last edited by Rebel1; 09-30-2010 at 03:22 AM..
Old 09-30-2010, 03:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

My issue is this:

I have a bucketload of cash I realy cant afford and 5 years into a cobra I am worried Ill never get registered. We finally have a group wanting to look after our interests, and a key part of their argument is that we are a responsible group of car owners, very few km's a year, members of clubs etc etc.

One guy gets caught over double the speed limit - and unfortunately we will all get painted with the same brush.

Although I think this guy deserves to be shamed somewhat - maybe it is in our own best interest to kill this thread? Just throwing it out there .

BTW - all packed and ready to head off to Nats in the morning. Even gave her a fresh wipe over with a scotch brite pad

PS. And I would like to be just like Les too.

Last edited by Tenrocca; 09-30-2010 at 03:47 AM.. Reason: Forgot Les - how could I.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

tenrocca

Will do.
Closed Thread