Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 09-14-2010, 05:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     
Default SVMGA - A voice for the industry

Here is an article that should interest all Cobra builders (and manfacturers), especially those in Victoria. This article came from the latest edition of the VACC "Automotive" magazine.

SVMGA Article

Congratulations to George Vidovic, the VACC, and all members of the SVMGA for taking the bull by the horns and fighting for all of us!

Ben
Old 09-14-2010, 05:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     

This is fantastic news for all of you car enthusiasts in
Australia. I hope it grows like a wild fire.
George will be an Australian hero.

Cheers,
Hersh
Old 09-14-2010, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Well done George and his co partners, it can only be a good thing if they are succesful

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Thats is fantastic news!!! Finally the industry is going to do something.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #100 under construction
Not Ranked     

Ditto for me too. Great news

Rog

Harrison #100
Old 09-15-2010, 06:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

What A terrific article!!!
With an affiliate body like the VACC acting in conjuction with the SVMGA i reckon the winds of change finally have a direction!!!
The Committee is certainly an allstar team!!! ......some very qualified and respected business heads,owners and builders and engineers...and some downright UGLY heads in some of those Pic's.
Certainly a very promising outlook for the enthusiast and Industry as a whole if they achieve even some of the planned changes and concessions...

Go get'em Boys!!!....

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-15-2010, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

That is terrific news! Well done to those involved and good luck with your efforts.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

George and the gang should be congratulated. I wondered when it would go public.

The plan involves SVMGA group in each state coordinating with each other.

In my experience previous attempts and approaches have not been as successful as the involved parties would have liked. There have been great successes but there are some very important challenges to be faced.

The idea is to work together with regulatory bodies to provide the best outcome for safety, environment, economy, involved businesses and enthusiasts. There is a great wealth of knowledge and experience out there.

This is just my take on things, I certainly don't speak for the SVMGA.

This has been a long time in the works, George first contacted me about this over 12 months ago.

Last edited by 400TT; 09-15-2010 at 07:24 AM..
Old 09-17-2010, 03:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Lets hope the regulatory bodies listen. they can be stubborn. I wish them all the luck and hope the system works for them !
Old 09-17-2010, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb

Well done to George and the gang at GV Automotive - Python in South Melbourne.

Few know that George has worked tirelessly for the industry - even though Cobras are only a small part of his business. A business that includes racing, Harley sales, repair, import and movie vehicles etc. to name a few of his business interests.

George worked hard in the mid 80's involving State Government Ministers in his business and launching of his race team. This saw the start of a great relationship between George's business and the Government departments. One that has only since grown.

I vividly remember the front page of the Melbourne Herald Sun that had the Premier of Victoria driving a Python car over the new Bolte bridge in Melbourne.

It is great to see the high level of involvement from the industry. Names on the list really do cover the broader industry with some long time manufacturers whom have strong connections and understanding of the Street Rod industry.

When I first heard that George, Maggie and the gang at GV Automotive were discussing this, I wrote a list of people that would make an ideal part of the SVMGA and they were part of the SVMGA before my list saw the light of day. Fantastic. Perhaps Larry O'Toole could be added with his 40 plus years of working with the Street Rods.

Again, well done to George and all at Python.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 09-17-2010 at 05:12 PM..
Old 09-21-2010, 02:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Ok SVMGA group. What can WE do to help in keeping our interest/hobby healthy and sane. We can't just sit back and let others do the work for us.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

Good news for VIC.

Last edited by albanycobra; 09-21-2010 at 03:43 AM..
Old 09-25-2010, 05:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Flow on to other States....
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 09-25-2010, 06:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison Cobra #37, Modified Ford 5.4 SOHC
Send a message via Skype™ to Pete Dore
Not Ranked     

That's an impressive effort from this fine group of men! Perhaps they can canvass the various clubs to gain an appreciation of the total numbers of people affected by this industry. There must be a large number of people involved as users or indirectly affected along the way. Thanks for their efforts and the new direction this is heading.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Dore View Post
That's an impressive effort from this fine group of men! Perhaps they can canvass the various clubs to gain an appreciation of the total numbers of people affected by this industry. There must be a large number of people involved as users or indirectly affected along the way. Thanks for their efforts and the new direction this is heading.
I would think these guys already have a pretty close estimate on the total numbers involved!!!
..this Committee has been meeting for sometime prior to the public outing working on all aspects relating to the Industry.
I'm sure anything we need to do to assist them in achieving the best outcomes will be channelled down through the affected Clubs and Individuals to best assist them!!

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-26-2010, 09:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

The kit manufacturers were surveyed close on 12 months ago by SVMGA. i.e. number of kits produced per year etc.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

Well if grape vine is correct it looks like this has already started falling apart .... or dare I say has been hijacked by our friends at the Street Rod Federation to service their own agenda!

Old 01-16-2011, 04:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

details...?
Old 01-16-2011, 04:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

From what i hear the 90 day permit which was going to support most including ICV'S is now only Pre-'48(or look like it) why they bothered to push this ?????...the rodders essentially had this already...as i said the cracks have started!!..
Some on our side had done alot of work re this and other points of interest,just hope this isn't the start of of the rot!!!

Last edited by OZCOBRA; 01-16-2011 at 04:37 AM..
Old 01-16-2011, 05:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #69, HSV LS2, T56, Custom rear suspension
Not Ranked     

One of the Vic clubbie guys received a 90 day permit for his Corvette today.

The next SVA meeting is in 1st week in Feb and I believe that 'replica' issues is on the agenda.

Cheers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: