Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison Cobra, SC540 Roadster
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbulk View Post
Beautiful car! Any idea what the color it would be in the US. Voodoo Blue in the U.S. is on a 2007 Toyota FJ, and is a solid blue.
Have a look at a 2008 Pontiac G8 in Stealth Blue. It might be the colour.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbulk View Post
Beautiful car! Any idea what the color it would be in the US. Voodoo Blue in the U.S. is on a 2007 Toyota FJ, and is a solid blue.
Not sure if the GM paint codes in Australia are provided in the USA.

Here is the Aussie one: 39U 608R Voodoo Blue Met, Stryker Blue Met

Also the Pontiac G8 forum mentions it

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=2637&page=14

Rgds

Gregg
Old 01-24-2011, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 Cobra
Not Ranked     

Thanks! That's a good place to start.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison no. 9, Pace GT40 no. 14 build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncobra View Post
Looks great Derek, there's no denying that blue is a classic cobra colour.

Our car is #38, built 08/03 so it had been sitting a while as well b4 we purchased it in 2008 and began the build.

It has Warwicks' double A arms up front. The other difference is no step in the chassis to accommodate the exhaust so it's been a pain to get 4" ground clearance. I've wound the shocks pretty much right up so it's up on tippytoes........looks a bit funny with so much clearance between the tyres and guards.

Our car was issued with a VIN yesterday so we'll be on to QLD Trans for an appt for final.

Wondering what the inspectors ask you to rectify?

Greg
I've checked the numbers and it looks like number 9 chassis built in April 2000. It is also the lengthened version - 100mm I think.

Apart from a couple of missing spring washers, a blocked windscreen sprayer and a loose number plate light connection, I had to move the steering column further away from the engine. It had been fitted in place by the previous owner and when the exhaust was added later, had minimal clearance. It was just a matter of widening the opening through the firewall and adjusting the column sideways about 15mm - took a few hours. Underbody clearance was fine as were brakes etc. It was a 6 week wait for a spot after obtaining the VIN and another 6 week wait for the second appointment. Sometimes, a different QT office may have an earlier vacancy. The inspector was very helpful and went through a comprehensive check of the build (was happy to have the extra set of eyes checking things over) Had to keep a close eye though on the set of keys dangling from the front of his belt but he was very careful with the paint.

Looks like the same colour on the Pontiac might be the Stryker blue in the US of A.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hmmm number 9. Mr ozvenom may have played a part in that one with Warwick! Nice.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Evans kit, 6 litre, 6 speed, Jag F/R,
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc7531 View Post
In about a weeks time, I hope to have the Cobra registered and ready to take on a few test runs. .......
So hopefully, everything will go ok on the 1st Feb .
Derek

The girl next door snapped this pic in Rockhampton today, being the 1st today I thought it maybe the same car.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, that's me somewhere in Rocky this morning - its a small world with all the mobile phones around. I have just got back from the QT office after handing over some money for rego. Everything went well - even the rain stayed away for the 80km trip but started again straight after I had put it back in the garage. The cockpit cover would have kept most of the water out but a dry run was a bonus.

The nice lady at the counter wanted to do a pre-rego check (VIN etc) but safety regulations wouldn't allow her to climb on the trailer so reason prevailed and the QT inspectors paperwork was accepted in its place.

So as soon as the weather clears, I plan to check out how it drives on the road. Hope the guys up north get through the cyclone ok.

Derek
Old 01-31-2011, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Congratulations Derek! So the car did not leave the trailer?

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Merv. No I had to drive the Cobra over the QT pits again but as it was an early appointment, I trailered it back to Yeppoon and dropped in to the local QT office on the way to finalize the rego paperwork.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Took the Cobra out today for the first drive as a registered vehicle - loved every minute of it. Went the back way down to Emu Park (20kms), stopped for morning tea and travelled back along the coastal route, then on through the hills behind Yeppoon and home again. Everything worked as it should, suspension was firm, motor and exhaust sounded great under acceleration with a low burble at idle. Received several waves and a few photo requests. Can't wait for the next run - I think I'll be the first one to volunteer to pick up the daughter from her after school job from now on.

Just a few things I noticed. There is a squeak from the front suspension on rougher roads which I'll have to find, a slight rattle in the drivers door rear latch and will have to adjust the rotation of the steering wheel to suit the wheels. The blinker sometimes doesn't self release and with nothing audible with the flashing, I found I was leaving it on by mistake (maybe install a small buzzer) The pedals will have to take some getting used to as they are fairly close together. Also need a couple of discreet cup holders and wear a long sleeve shirt.

I would also like to change the engine oil and filter - any recommendations for the 4.6L Mustang engine? Custom Kitcar mentioned Valvoline Synpower 10w50.

Derek