Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 04-19-2011, 08:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison Cobra, SC540 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default 'Arrogant' RTA to get humbling overhaul

This is in todays paper. It me the right to lobby the new goverment with ideas for ICV rego.

THE Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) will be a "very different" organisation in 12 weeks time, New South Wales Roads Minister Duncan Gay said as he pledged sweeping reforms to curb a culture of "arrogance".

"The people sitting in the cars today, they're our customers, and we have to make that customer service is right," Mr Gay said today.

"What we're doing is in the first stage moving people from the back rooms into customer delivery, into the frontline of development."

Mr Gay said a sense of "arrogance" had seen the RTA and its 7000-odd workers stray from its core responsibilities, but praised staff for identifying some of these underlying problems.

"RTA should be providing roads, planning for roads and providing those services that they do on licences and registration, and doing it better," Mr Gay told Macquarie Radio.

"The good thing I've found in the RTA is that they've identified that there's a persona of arrogance and they're starting to work on it.

"We have got to be careful - there are some great people in all these organisations - that we maintain the good bits and the good people as we go through the changes."

Mr Gay said the Coalition's new single integrated transport authority included sweeping changes to the RTA structure to boost frontline staff and customer services.

"The RTA will still be an important sector," Mr Gay said on ABC Radio.

"But as I said yesterday, the RTA will be very different. We envisage a different organisation."

He said the Government had given itself 12 weeks to introduce the changes.

Last edited by WKB; 04-19-2011 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 04-20-2011, 03:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

I heard about this on the news yesterday. Does sound promising, but we will see.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Last week a chick in Newcastle got a letter from the RTA saying they were going to confiscate her personal number plates (she's had them for 5 years) because they were offensive. The plates were...KIKI (her nickname) Apparently in the philipine language of Tagalog it means 'vagina'. It took the RTA 5 years to find this AFTER they actually made them. Seems somebody hasn't much to do at work other than analyze number plate meanings.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

Apparently Pajero means wanker in Spanish, so I suppose they're going to confiscate all Pajero's as well
Old 04-22-2011, 04:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Wow, I wonder if they could do that to the Massachusetts DMV. The people that worked there were the only people grumpier than the waitresses at Durgan Park.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Glad to hear that you guys are getting a little payback after years of stupidity!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #539/427 Holman Moody #7HM20 from 1967
Not Ranked     

An observation of human nature when it gets a little power.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

sounds like someone has sand in there TIKI.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philm View Post
sounds like someone has sand in there TIKI.
LOL. I was Gunna leave it that it it doesn't have 10 characters..... Now it does!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: