Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

Fancy that?
The general public where right.

Speaking about being fed crap and believing it, has that $2million inheritance from the poor widow in Nigeria been deposited into your account yet Icypole?
Old 10-30-2012, 08:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB #145, Ford 5.0 HO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
Fancy that?
The general public where right.

Speaking about being fed crap and believing it, has that $2million inheritance from the poor widow in Nigeria been deposited into your account yet Icypole?

I am only going to type this the once, so take it on board, you and your little band of CR Chev cronies, need to build a bridge and either get over it or back under it before it gets blown out from underneath you.

Now that's my thing and I get paid for it too....so whilst I am sure your all fine in person, I would expect that will be the case when we eventually meet in person, your little gang does not come across well online and it is no wonder most of the blokes I talk to on the board dislike you and do not like posting, or just ignore you outright.

Were you kids bullied at school, or did your parents twist your psyche up by tying sausages round your necks so the dog would reluctantly play with you.

The way you guys are going it will be the Chev powered CR troll club with some odd ring ins.

Great way to build an online community for the betterment of the club. Yep, well done.

Anyhow, it is what it is, so lets move on and stop polluting my thread with childish spam.

Cheers Adz
Old 10-30-2012, 08:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICETOO View Post
On the downside, the info provided to me on purchase sounds questionable,
This is why people get upset when they hear people mis representing their cars. Probably the main reason for the flames on the other threads. There's been plenty of people duped into buying something that isn't quite what the vendor says it is. It makes the real enthusiasts angry.

Most on here are very well versed in the history of the original CSX cars and how many real ones are out there. The vast majority of folks on here have built or bought replicas with only a very small few that are fortunate enough to own an original.

Many of us on here can tell which maufacturer built the car just from looking at the lines of the body or a quick look at the chassis or engine bay. We are not easily fooled.

We are all proud of our cars and I for one am completely happy in the knowledge that I have built a replica. Many of us are probably even more passionate about of having replicas having put the time and effort into building our dream cars. I can happily bore people to sleep with details on how I made this and that and where part x and y came from.

That being said there is also a large following of the different replicas and they in themselves have a history. DRB is one of the longest continusly producing kit manufacturers in Australia. The Denis R Bedford (DRB) started the company back in 1992 I believe. He has produces some other awesome cars since then too. Do a search for the XJ13 Replica.

Peter took over the company several years ago and has expanded to include a very nice GT40 replica and the DRB 540 Cobra concept replica. I've met him a couple of times and he kindly showed me through his factory and answered my endless questions. A very nice bloke.

So be happy with your replica and it's own history. Some pasionate bloke put lots of pride and effort into building it and and now another pasionate bloke is driving it and making it his own.

Cheers
ICETOO likes this.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Mike, that is very true.

I enjoy it for what it is, and am looking to make it even better. I am on that learning curve, and with time and more experience be among that group,

This my first replica and probably wont be my last, but in the interim we keep evolving this one and learning as I go, as with my other projects.

Gives me something else to think about in down time when away, rather than wishing I was home mowing the lawns and re-homing rescue dogs...LOL

Last edited by ICETOO; 10-30-2012 at 09:17 PM..
Old 10-30-2012, 09:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Money still not I your account then?
Old 10-30-2012, 10:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

'The way you guys are going it will be the Chev powered CR troll club with some odd ring ins.'

I'm impressed,
I just realized you worked out what the B Club actually is!

We have members everywhere Icy...
Maybe even in your inner coasty cobra circle...
Old 10-30-2012, 11:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I appreciate the information provided by the vendor and those that are the real experts on the board.
By "real experts" that you mean everyone who knew what you had bought except you? That would be all of us.

Quote:
At least I have 42 years of history on the Mach one, so no surprises there.
Mention your next "deployment to the gulf" and the little blue thing with the "ICE" plates, and I think you may have played all your big cards in one go.

Quote:
I am only going to type this the once, so take it on board, you and your little band of CR Chev cronies, need to build a bridge and either get over it or back under it before it gets blown out from underneath you.

Now that's my thing and I get paid for it too....
So you are actually threatening to blow us up? I suspect Im pretty safe as you were probably told that THIS was a warship

(It isn't and they aren't guns, they are fishing rods - you use them to catch fish).

Was there a little plaque on the bow that said "Australian Navy Destroyer"?

Quote:
so whilst I am sure your all fine in person, I would expect that will be the case when we eventually meet in person
Im awesome - Gavs an arsehole. Hopefully we can all avoid the scenario indicated in the second part of the sentence above.....

Quote:
your little gang does not come across well online and it is no wonder most of the blokes I talk to on the board dislike you and do not like posting, or just ignore you outright.
This I really take offense to.....Ive been so nice lately. Havent upset anyone in ages. Ive reconnected with some past adversaries, made amends where necessary, hell I even talk up how fast DRB's are at EVERY opportunity. Unfortunately someone has come along that is just so full of 5hit I just cant bite my tongue any more.

Quote:
Were you kids bullied at school, or did your parents twist your psyche up by tying sausages round your necks so the dog would reluctantly play with you.
That's just not even funny. Very disappointing

Quote:
The way you guys are going it will be the Chev powered CR troll club with some odd ring ins.

Great way to build an online community for the betterment of the club. Yep, well done.

Anyhow, it is what it is, so lets move on and stop polluting my thread with childish spam.

Cheers Adz
Agreed - lets put some more pictures up of your car. Im sure theres a few angles we haven't yet seen. Up the exhaust pipe perhaps (although I suspect you spend a hell of a lot of time "balls deep" up there?)

Cheers
Gav likes this.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What a shame you can only 'like' a post once.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
By "real experts" that you mean everyone who knew what you had bought except you? That would be all of us.

Mention your next "deployment to the gulf" and the little blue thing with the "ICE" plates, and I think you may have played all your big cards in one go.

So you are actually threatening to blow us up? I suspect Im pretty safe as you were probably told that THIS was a warship

(It isn't and they aren't guns, they are fishing rods - you use them to catch fish).

Was there a little plaque on the bow that said "Australian Navy Destroyer"?

Im awesome - Gavs an arsehole. Hopefully we can all avoid the scenario indicated in the second part of the sentence above.....

This I really take offense to.....Ive been so nice lately. Havent upset anyone in ages. Ive reconnected with some past adversaries, made amends where necessary, hell I even talk up how fast DRB's are at EVERY opportunity. Unfortunately someone has come along that is just so full of 5hit I just cant bite my tongue any more.

That's just not even funny. Very disappointing

Agreed - lets put some more pictures up of your car. Im sure theres a few angles we haven't yet seen. Up the exhaust pipe perhaps (although I suspect you spend a hell of a lot of time "balls deep" up there?)

Cheers
Oh, they're out and about, time to bait more troll traps.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
What a shame you can only 'like' a post once.
Oh, we got another one, this is just too easy, keep putting yourselves on show, this is easier than fishing....the rest of the board is loving it....

Gav and Andrew need not apply.....you got a role all ready....

Last edited by ICETOO; 10-31-2012 at 02:50 PM..
Old 10-31-2012, 12:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Is this a cobra forum or a place for *****y housewives to take shots at each other? As a newbie, this is kinda putting me off the idea of posting...

What's wrong with a bloke taking pride in his car or in his job?
There's too much backstabbing and not enough building/driving going on here IMO...

Damn nice car BTW ice, absolutely beautiful.
ICETOO likes this.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Agreed. The car looks great and you are obviously a bit proud of it. Cobras are a bit like kids - the ones we have are always the best.

That link you posted on Ford motors in your "427" thread did not seem to work for me. Can you check it? One always has to think of the next engine ...

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon View Post
Agreed. The car looks great and you are obviously a bit proud of it. Cobras are a bit like kids - the ones we have are always the best.

That link you posted on Ford motors in your "427" thread did not seem to work for me. Can you check it? One always has to think of the next engine ...
Sure, seems to work for me, but here it is again...

Ford Racing M-6007-Z427AFT 427 Aluminum Long Block - Front Sump

and fordstrokers.com have a similar set configuration available to support the dart based block market here too...

FordStrokers.com 331-347-408-418-427 Custom Built Small Block Ford Engines - Dart Based Windsor Liberator Shortblocks

some good options right there.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
Is this a cobra forum or a place for *****y housewives to take shots at each other? As a newbie, this is kinda putting me off the idea of posting...

What's wrong with a bloke taking pride in his car or in his job?
There's too much backstabbing and not enough building/driving going on here IMO...

Damn nice car BTW ice, absolutely beautiful.
Nothing wrong with Ice taking pride in his very nice DRB. Lying about its origins is something else altogether.

So Ryder, post a away - Im sure your a great bloke who's very excited to be building a car (and made a fine choice in the Harrison )and sharing that experience with us on the board. Just dont try and tell us its a "Shelby American". You will lose a lot of credibility very quickly.

And if you do stuff up (we all make mistakes), just eat a bit of humble pie, be a little self depricating and have a bloody laugh at yourself.

Cheers
Old 10-31-2012, 01:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Old 10-31-2012, 01:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
You will lose a lot of credibility very quickly.
Cheers
Just like you are doing right now...and why....

Quote:
And if you do stuff up (we all make mistakes), just eat a bit of humble pie, be a little self depricating and have a bloody laugh at yourself.
because you say so...who da' feck do you think you are

Dead-set Fapper for sure, hang on where is your other heroic mate...come on take the bait.

...actually do not bother...signing out for the night, got more important things to do than respond to the likes of you.

Last edited by ICETOO; 10-31-2012 at 01:33 AM..
Old 10-31-2012, 01:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison supercharged
Send a message via MSN to hsv300 Send a message via Skype™ to hsv300
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
Is this a cobra forum or a place for *****y housewives to take shots at each other? As a newbie, this is kinda putting me off the idea of posting.....
This is why i don't post on this forum as well.

Greg
Old 10-31-2012, 01:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Come on Icey, bet you have at least had a bit of a laugh.

You have been a good sport I must say, take on board (pardon the pun) a few of the points made, and hopefully we can put this whole episode to bed.

Have you considered an LS7 for your car? 427cubes, light weight, wrong firing order...