Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-16-2018, 04:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SAI FIA, 289HP (5-bolt), 48IDA Webers
Not Ranked     

I've had a lot of cars that I sold but only one that I regretted selling, my 1970 GTX. It was an all original numbers matching, 440+6, 4 speed, 4:10 Dana, MS, PDB. It now resides in New Zeland...
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2018, 12:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sold my 1991 911RS in 2002. Bought a house for it.
If I sold it today..., I could buy a house for it!

On a side note, the selling price then would buy me a much better used 911 today (not a RS though).

So, I should not regret having sold it.

I regret having sold the 1972 911T. That was so much fun to drive!
Old 02-17-2018, 01:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

This thread's been going since 2012!

OK, I'll play the game....
Here's my 1976 Alfa just before the start of the "Bay to Birdwood" run in 2013

Nup, haven't sold it. Had it for 36 years now; my two boys learned to drive in it, and most likely my grandchildren will drive it one day

Cheers!
Glen
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Street Beasts Cobra 427 S/C, 502 cid
Not Ranked     

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. 2.0L 4-cylinder Mitsubishi 4G63 engine. Garrett T3/T4 turbo. 417 hp to the wheels. 12.00 sec @ 118.3 mph 1/4 mile on OEM wheels and tires. It should have run closer to 11.60, but I never did learn how to properly launch the car. Selling it nearly drained the life out of me. I'd put so much time and effort into building and tuning that car. I needed the money to make the down payment on my home, so it had to go.

Last edited by 520SC; 03-11-2018 at 06:40 AM..
Old 02-17-2018, 04:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ICCARS,6.0LT L98 TR6060
Not Ranked     

A few of mine from the eighties. Sorry about photo quality, no digital for me back then. The ute started as a genuine XB GS 302, 4spd lsd. The LX was just a 4.2 auto but went well. The LJ started as a 138(2250) and ended with a bored 202 with twin carbs.
Attached Images

LoBelly likes this.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VSE alum. frame, FFR carbonfiber body (under construction)
Not Ranked     

1968 Yenko Camero
1975 Volkswagen Scirocco
1997 BMW M-3 (4 door)
I am terrible at remembering names......but I have never forgotten "Delight Mercer" who hit my Yenko while it was parked in a parking lot.....not that I am still bitter......she had dropped her cigarette and bent down to pick it up while making a turn into the parking lot......no, really......I'm NOT bitter......
Old 02-18-2018, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yes, CSX 3183, about 2 seconds after the final hammer went down, way back in 1985, even though I sold it for what I could buy an SC for at the time. And I have been kicking myself in the rear every day since.

Nice thing is that the current owner, Forest, lets me drive the car whenever I get out to where he lives, or at a National Convention that I attend, and he has the car there.

I was the 2nd owner, and he is the 5th.

What a friend!
Old 03-10-2018, 04:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

well ive built up one little victa powered deckson daredevil over the last few weeks now just have 2 more deltek rockhoppers to restore just got a heap of chrome work back for the next two bikes then back to work on the cobra :-)
Attached Images

ssv ute likes this.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano59 View Post
well ive built up one little victa powered deckson daredevil over the last few weeks now just have 2 more deltek rockhoppers to restore just got a heap of chrome work back for the next two bikes then back to work on the cobra :-)
Deano this brings back memories from my childhood as I won a Deltek Grasshopper as 2nd prize in a raffle in Broken Hill for 20cents :-)

First prize was a Car and Caravan but all I wanted was that mini bike - so 2nd prize of the mini bike was amazing.

Looking forward to seeing the Rockhoppers restored - cant recall the difference between the Grasshopper and Rockhoppers though. cheers Gregg
Old 03-10-2018, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA#520, Roush 427SR
Not Ranked     

1967 RS/SS Camaro......Black on black on black

Old 03-11-2018, 12:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

cant recall the difference between the Grasshopper and Rockhoppers though. cheers Gregg[/quote]
deltek did a few bikes the ones in that style are
1 bushwacker no suspension at all
2 grassgrub had front suspension only
3 rockhopper front and rear suspension
then they did a bike called a scorpio that looked more like a proper motor bike still with the victa 125 not highly sort after by collectors..
all ran the 125 victa with a amal carby fitted the frames were made in tiawan and assembled in australia wow winning a rockhopper for 2 bob what a bargain i paid $1000 bucks for one and $1200 for the other.. a totally restored one with all the correct parts and painted in the correct shade of red or green and a few in gold bring around $4000 upwards.. the chrome tanks are very hard to find and bring big money and are very sought after i was lucky both of mine had them in a state thats restorable and with the correct fuel cap .. other items that are worth good money are the original chain guards and the chrome knobs that are used to tighten the handlebars up most got stripped out over the years and replaced with bolts . i have one set and looking for another.
then you have the deckson range of bikes that look similar but ran kirby 4 strokes in them and then the grand prix range that ran kirby/Tecumseh 2 strokes. they are becoming quite collectable and it's great to see people restoring them as they are almost 50 yrs old now. enough for now i will add more pics as i restore them
cheers dean
gjkrv8 likes this.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MkIV 427
Not Ranked     

I traded my 2002 Chevy Avalanche 2500 with 8.1 Vortec and BIG brakes for an 11 Avalanche. I miss the power and braking. Yes, I drove it like my Cobra.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

Way too many to list, but the highlights-

68 GTO with 400hp 400 HP engine, 4 speed- as a high schooler I wasn't able to afford the insurance after 5 speeding tickets in one year...
64 Chevelle- Triple black- bought from my older brother, who bought it new. Went into the Army and sold it to my younger brother who subsequently wrecked it about a month later.
63 Austin Healey Sprite- underpowered, but just plain a fun car to drive
64 BMW 1800 Ti when I was stationed in Germany. I could cruise down the Autobahn at 120 mph all day long and it wouldn't even get warm. Couldn't bring it back so had to sell it before coming back stateside.

I'm pretty sure I'll regret selling my Cobra when I do, but I seldom get emotionally attached to a car any more. However, I am getting pretty attached to my new (to me) 2015 Silverado. Great truck....
Jaydee likes this.

Last edited by Three Peaks; 03-11-2018 at 09:16 AM..
Old 05-23-2018, 08:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjkrv8 View Post
Deano this brings back memories from my childhood as I won a Deltek Grasshopper as 2nd prize in a raffle in Broken Hill for 20cents :-)

First prize was a Car and Caravan but all I wanted was that mini bike - so 2nd prize of the mini bike was amazing.

Looking forward to seeing the Rockhoppers restored - cant recall the difference between the Grasshopper and Rockhoppers though. cheers Gregg
almost finished now just waiting for some part to come back from the chrome platers put the engine in today and it fired up quite easily . also waiting on the correct rockhopper sticker to arrive as well as the victa stickers for the cowling .

almost time to start on the next bike another rockhopper but this one will have a completely chromed frame and forks its in been done atm
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2018, 02:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

You've done a great job there Deano. That is exactly the type I had. I remember butchering mine and putting in a Briggs&Stratton 4-stroke and a straight Exhaust pipe out the back - sounded like a chopper - was a bit more powerful - although I think I recall burning out the centrifugal clutch so restored it back to normal again. Also went over a jump and cracked the weld where the front forks steering joins the main frame. All great fun.

Well done in your restoration works. cheers Gregg
Old 05-23-2018, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

thanks gregg i feel a bit guilty as it's taken time away from working on the cobra but ive learned some new skills i have bought a decent bench grinder and fitted buffing and polishing wheels and getting some good results .
i think im might pull the suspension apart on my pace cnr by corner and polish up the top and bottom arms now .
i have just started on another mini bike resto same bike as the red one but i have the frame /forks and a heap of other stuff getting chrome plated atm..

just a big kid at heart but as the man in the castle said there beauty's they will go straight to the pool table next to the jousting sticks.....my mrs says im telling ya your dreaming ,:-)
gjkrv8 likes this.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA - 1964 - 289 HIPO
Not Ranked     

Hi Guys,

I regret selling my Crendon 427SC, prior to my departure to Dubai in 2007.

Considered changing RHD to LHD, Headers, Foot Pedals, Single Hoop etc but just not worth spoiling a perfectly good car.

Gonna regret selling my Mercedes SL63 AMG, before leaving here for FL.

If it wasn't for cars I'd be rich!
Old 05-24-2018, 03:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Evans chassis, jag fr. & rear.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by crendonman427sc View Post
Hi Guys,

If it wasn't for cars I'd be rich!

Who was it that sung - "I spent my money on (cars) beer and women, and the rest, I just wasted"?
Old 05-24-2018, 01:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Dax
Not Ranked     

I thought it was a quote from George Best, a soccer player in England in the 1960’s - and a renowned playboy.

Last edited by Treeve; 05-24-2018 at 02:19 PM..
Old 05-24-2018, 02:09 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

I regret selling my '78 Chevette.
Would have gotten much more pleasure burning it.
Modena likes this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: