Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 09:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Tucker
Not Ranked     
Smile Another Newbee

Hi everyone, I am another newbee who has always wanted one of these fantastic cars. I live on the central coast NSW and I met several of you guys at the Nationals at Wakefield park, I was the pain flashing photos around of an old cobra chassis and body. Thanks to all for helping out, it looks like it is a Dave Tucker kit, special thanks to Michael and Nathan for the photos and advice.
Anyway I am looking forward to the challenge and will be picking more brains for advice as I go.
Craig.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Venom, BF XR8 260kw, 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

No worries, make sure you put up a build thread and keep asking questions!

Old 10-24-2012, 10:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Welcome Braddy13,

Craig - I'm no expert, but after a long time perusing this site I've learned lots, with that said, I suggest you may want to look into this thread:
Venom motorsports beware!!!

I've had no personal dealings, but since you mentioned the name... I thought you may want to know before making your decisions.

After that rude intro... I'm happy to say, that most things around here are much easier going.

Enjoy
Old 10-24-2012, 11:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Welcome along Braddy.

The main issues with the Tucker kit are due to the owner, but you have the kit now so dont have to deal with him.

I am sure with a good going over the car can be made into a quality piece, but the stigma of the builder will be stuck with it.

As suggested, run a build thread, if you have questoins, dont be affraid to ask, and expect 10 different answers, you can then decide which one provides the besy option to you.

Make sure you get an engineer involved early in the piece, and I would also run some string lines over the chassis and mounting points (just to be sure she is all square before you start), easier to fix now rather than later.

Have fun with it and enjoy the ride.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Cobra '68 302, T-5, Jag 3.77 LSD.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddy13 View Post
, it looks like it is a Dave Tucker kit, Craig.
I can't say DON"T DO IT, but certainly look before you leap. Seek and heed everyones advice on this outfit as I personally know there are more people getting burnt or recieving unwelcomed heartache than what appears on this forum.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks guys, I have read all the threads, the beauty is as Boxhead said I already have the Body, Chassis and running gear so I don't have to deal with the bloke in question.
I have spoken to a couple of engineers already, and it looks very difficult and expensive to get them registered but i suppose thats all in the fun.
I'm hoping sevenohms gets his registered soon, and I will be picking his brains and maybe his engineers?
Craig
Old 10-26-2012, 12:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Hi Craig,

Have you spoken to Treeve Andrew? He is a good engineer and worth talking to.

Also can you post some pics of your kit?

Liam
Old 10-27-2012, 01:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB #145, Ford 5.0 HO
Not Ranked     

Hey Craig, good to see another Coasty on the board, thats what...ten of now or so.
Mate if you get a chance drop by Chromefest at The Entrance tomorrow Sunday 28th Oct 12, at least five of us will be there and are all more than happy to share experiences, and preferences.

Great day, free entry to spectators and may save you some typing.

Cheers Adz
Old 10-28-2012, 09:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Liam, no I haven't spoken with him, his name was mentioned to me, can you pass on his details I will TRY and post some pics soon.
Hi Adz I had a quick walk around yesterday out there, but the cook had my day planned out so i wasn't allocated much time by she who must be obayed.
Only saw one Cobra an Orange one, VERY NICE, I have seen that one around Toukley before, is that yours ?
Craig
Old 10-30-2012, 02:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No Craig, he was with street ratz club and they had advanced bookings down on the main area in Memorial Park.

We had another four up in the short street show area.

Mines the red, Brett's (shelby400) is the green, the Blue is Paul's (legless) and the grey is Ian's from classic revival.

Shame you missed us, trusting you saw Enzo's CSX silver down there as well???
Old 10-30-2012, 08:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bugger, the only one I saw was the Orange one, sorry I missed you guys they all look great.
I will have to come to a meeting, I will have a look on the NSW site and see whats coming up.
I will post some photos soon, although it dosen't look anything like your ones YET.
I bought an AUXR8 manual last weekend for my donor car, its still regoed till April next year, and gee its good to drive a V8 again, cant wait to get it into the cobra.
I will have to start pulling it appart this weekend to make sure everythings going to fit or make it fit.
Craig
Old 10-30-2012, 08:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cheers Craig, there are a lot of us now on the coast, and a lot of these guys know way more than I do about these projects and generally are happy to network for advice.

There is alot of good info on the board as well, and some not so good, but you will be able to sort out the crap from the clay.

feel free to PM if you have a question and I will try to refer you to the right person or direction. If you do not here back I am away on a job or odd job ops, but will get back in touch or return.

Cheers adz