Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 03:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

It's never been required at the drags. A friend of mine had a horrible situation where a woman stepped out in front of his street car (EH Holden with a 13:1 compression 509 cube big block type of street car) as he was driving back up the return road at Willowbank. She was completely at fault, but she tried to sue for pain, suffering, PMS, all previous failed relationships, and I'm sure a host of other ailments.

She was an opportunist who it transpires had already done the same thing down at Calder 3 years earlier and got a healthy payout. B!tch...

Anyway, despite not having a 3rd party extension, the insurer considered that any road surface that cars were reasonably expected to use in a public setting was good enough to have the same coverage as a public road. As such, the insurer took over the case on my mate's behalf.

I'd be interested to see how that translates now. I'd think that 3rd party would cover you in the pits if you hit anyone. If you come spearing off the track and into the crowd, I reckon you still might be on your own...
Old 02-18-2013, 04:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic CCX3021 Keith Craft 428fe
Not Ranked     

I hope you don't mind my 2 bob's worth......Insurance for an organisation only covers the owners / operators / staff / volunteers of that organisation in the event a claim for injury or damage is made against them. The cover does not extend to other parties. If another party, lets say a track user, collides and injures another driver, they are generally not covered under the organisation's insurance. It is common practice that the injured party's lawyers will sue both the offending driver and the organisation (track owners). In the absence of insurance cover for the offending driver, the organisation ( track owners) wears most, if not all of the litigation determination and associated costs. If however, the offending driver has extended third party cover, then they will most likely wear most if not all of the law suit costs (covered by their insurance), unless of course, the track owners have been proven to have been negligent and contributed to the accident. So in short.....by ensuring that participants have adequate cover, the owners or organisers are less exposed to losses resulting from claims brought against them.
I hope that makes sense.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I do apologise for this topic perhaps going further down the path than originally intended...
But to use Tengu s post as a guide... How does that work if
A. I take my registered cobra to a track that requires this extension and supply it
But
B. I also bring my race cobra where this extension does not apply as its unregistered?

Same potential accident but different outcome???

Seemingly for track days at Morgan park for example TPE is required for car A but does not apply to car B.

Odd?

And it seems also 750hp that the waiver for entering race tracks does not apply if u jump out in front of big blocks?

The worlds gone mad!!!

Spookypt
Old 02-18-2013, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic CCX3021 Keith Craft 428fe
Not Ranked     

Hey Spook, I'm hazarding a guess that your Cams licence / membership may afford you cover under Cam's policy when driving your race car. Maybe.....Might be worth a phone call?
Cheers
Mike

Last edited by Tengu; 02-18-2013 at 04:45 AM..
Old 02-18-2013, 04:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ah ha! yep. As Mrs flatchat suggests I should know this...

My CAMS license costs me nearly $500 a year so it should!!!

At that price it should cover my house and contents too!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic glass FIA289 tribute
Not Ranked     

I've never been required to supply this in NSW in both CAMS or AASA controlled events.