Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 registered Brushed Kirkham polished stripes, 427 FE kieth craft 482 efi.ss chassis and all the go gear .
Not Ranked     

Any one with intellenges would...
1 - see that it's a Glass car
2 - has a Cleveland
3 - the owner is asking 50 k

How smart does one have to be?

Soul.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 registered Brushed Kirkham polished stripes, 427 FE kieth craft 482 efi.ss chassis and all the go gear .
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750hp View Post
Didn't think I'd see the day that two Arntz Cobras were for sale in Australia at the same time. I only know of six in the country; yours and three blue RHD cars, plus Dad's and my red LHD cars.
To tell you the truth...
Because of your car being for sale I was holding off!

Hope there is no clash!

Soul.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
You started the conversation off by claiming it has a CSX 3000 vin. Anyone with intelligence would read that to mean 1) an original, or 2) someone trying to pass off a replica as an original.

Which one of those options fits?
Maybe you read the whole thread!

It's no claim,
It has a CSX 3000 vin.

Soul.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR chassis and suspension, Mr. Bruce 289 FIA body
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulman View Post
Maybe you read the whole thread!

It's no claim,
It has a CSX 3000 vin.

Soul.
Who is the manufacturer of the car?
Old 06-27-2013, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

1965 AC Cobra

So it's an Arntz Cobra with a replica VIN tag that has been destroyed by an engine fire and you're asking $50k for it?
Old 06-27-2013, 11:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default A-

Quote:
1965 AC Cobra

So it's an Arntz Cobra with a replica VIN tag that has been destroyed by an engine fire and you're asking $50k for it?
Very good,
But it has not been destroyed.....
If you read ALL the information it had an engine bay fire and consequently in the process of ****ting myself whilst driving it hit the wall!

Soul.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's a heavily damaged car requiring extensive repairs. Why didnt you just say it was an Arntz Cobra from the beginning? You also stated here the engine is a Cleveland engine, yet your ad claims its an FE engine. Which is it?

Last edited by Bill D; 06-27-2013 at 12:04 PM..
Old 06-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

The pic shows an obvious Cleveland and the add has this:

"8 cylinder Petrol Aspirated 7.0 L (6978 cc)"

Maybe it's a really stroked and bored Clevor?

Basically "AC" as it applies here should mean game playing "Ass Clown."

Maybe it's just me but I've had enough "is it real" conversations with people who know better lately.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
It's a heavily damaged car requiring extensive repairs. Why didnt you just say it was an Arntz Cobra from the beginning? You also stated here the engine is a Cleveland engine, yet your ad claims its an FE engine. Which is it?
Unfortunately the automated carsales web site only has a 65 listing ,so consequently lists all the 65 FE info automatically.

Soul.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

I would respectfully ask that unless you are a potential buyer you guys keep out of this thread.

Regardless of how the seller has advertised his or her car, I think arguing or challenging when a PM option on this site, or phone call to the owner will answer every question.

This car will find a new owner in Australia and unless you are considering shipping it back to the USA why buy into this Thread in this way.

A Cobra for sale that has quite a history and a Vehicle Identification number that has been allocated in Australia - interestingly has CSX.... in its VIN tag, is not for one moment being passed off as a CSX car that is on a SAAC register.

I am sure Nedsel the keeper of the registry would have chimed in.

Not to mention the line up of buyers if this car was a Shelby CSX numbered car for sale at the price asked...

So to my point - guys lets respect each other a bit and dont get into a discussion that has overtones or straight out accusations of backyard car salesman or Tinmen.

And good luck on the possible sale I am sure the new owner will do their own vehicle registry checks and due diligence. Our Victorian - Roads authority - read DMV - supply full Registration paper, Notices of Acquisition, Notice of Disposal and full Police data base and Victorian - Roads checks.

So rest assured the only one being caught here is the buyer who will be paying Stamp Duty.

Again I would ask that this type of comment above be kept of the forum. It is achieving little.

Bernie
FatBoy likes this.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 06-27-2013 at 12:40 PM..
Old 06-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Maybe it's just me but reading the original post I would think it's an original 1960's 427 Cobra given the CSX 3...VIN. Money didn't make sense but go figure I posted a thread for CSX 2000 & CSX 3000 series owners "eyes only" and just about everyone that didn't own an authentic Cobra responded.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Bernie, I share your sentiments re the tone of some of the replies but the listing on carsales clearly states "1965 AC Cobra" and in several places refers to "1968 legally registered". If you click through the other 50 Cobras on carsales they all state the true year in the title of the listing, eg, 1996, 2010, 2011.

This whole idea of using "1968 legally registered" or "1965 titled car" is an attempt to attribute higher status and therefore value to the car and I don't care whether "those in the know should know better", it is a misrepresentation of the truth.

At the end of the day someone may decide there is 50k value in this Arntz, and good luck with the sale Soulman, but let's not discourage open discussion or we'll end up like North Korea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMK View Post
I would respectfully ask that unless you are a potential buyer you guys keep out of this thread.

Regardless of how the seller has advertised his or her car, I think arguing or challenging when a PM option on this site, or phone call to the owner will answer every question.

This car will find a new owner in Australia and unless you are considering shipping it back to the USA why buy into this Thread in this way.

A Cobra for sale that has quite a history and a Vehicle Identification number that has been allocated in Australia - interestingly has CSX.... in its VIN tag, is not for one moment being passed off as a CSX car that is on a SAAC register.

I am sure Nedsel the keeper of the registry would have chimed in.

Not to mention the line up of buyers if this car was a Shelby CSX numbered car for sale at the price asked...

So to my point - guys lets respect each other a bit and dont get into a discussion that has overtones or straight out accusations of backyard car salesman or Tinmen.

And good luck on the possible sale I am sure the new owner will do their own vehicle registry checks and due diligence. Our Victorian - Roads authority - read DMV - supply full Registration paper, Notices of Acquisition, Notice of Disposal and full Police data base and Victorian - Roads checks.

So rest assured the only one being caught here is the buyer who will be paying Stamp Duty.

Again I would ask that this type of comment above be kept of the forum. It is achieving little.

Bernie
boxhead, Mando, Tenrocca and 2 others like this.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
That's not true!

It has not been written off! Dawes insurance paid me out in full without writing it off!
And then gave me back the car for free!
They even gave me a letter to confirm such!
Dawes underwriting , cannot recommend them enough!

Soul.
Hey Soul, sorry to see your car damaged and all the best in selling her.

I was wondering regarding Dawes Insurance.....is that a standard policy thing for Dawes Insurance to pay you out in full and also give you the damaged car back for free as well as part of its policy arrangements etc...or did they deduct its damaged value from the payout and I'm reading your comments incorrectly?

I'm about to renew my policy so am going to ring them but just wondered if this was just a special condition on your policy or something I need to ask specifically about?

Any feedback is helpful. Thanks Soul.

Spookypt
Old 06-27-2013, 10:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo View Post
Bernie, I share your sentiments re the tone of some of the replies but the listing on carsales clearly states "1965 AC Cobra" and in several places refers to "1968 legally registered". If you click through the other 50 Cobras on carsales they all state the true year in the title of the listing, eg, 1996, 2010, 2011.

This whole idea of using "1968 legally registered" or "1965 titled car" is an attempt to attribute higher status and therefore value to the car and I don't care whether "those in the know should know better", it is a misrepresentation of the truth.

At the end of the day someone may decide there is 50k value in this Arntz, and good luck with the sale Soulman, but let's not discourage open discussion or we'll end up like North Korea.

Sambo,

Nothing so sinister happening,

If you get onto Carsales the only option for AC Cobra is 1965 and the jumps to 1980 from memory!
Once you hit the 65 year, along comes that particular info relating to a 65!

One would have pretty stupid to think someone could fool any one into believing its a 65.

So ... Given its 68 plated .... 1965 is a lot closer than 1980.

As far as higher status.... My car is what it is.

Gotta love forums!

Soul.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Quote:
So ... Given its 68 plated .... 1965 is a lot closer than 1980.
And 1980 is a lot closer to the truth.

I'd be selling it on the value of the Arntz heritage rather than listing it as a false 1965 car. But each to their own.

As for forums - I'd hope we could have the same conversation in person as a friendly difference of opinion. No offense intended.
boxhead, Gav and Tengu like this.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Dawes ins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypt View Post
Hey Soul, sorry to see your car damaged and all the best in selling her.

I was wondering regarding Dawes Insurance.....is that a standard policy thing for Dawes Insurance to pay you out in full and also give you the damaged car back for free as well as part of its policy arrangements etc...or did they deduct its damaged value from the payout and I'm reading your comments incorrectly?

I'm about to renew my policy so am going to ring them but just wondered if this was just a special condition on your policy or something I need to ask specifically about?

Any feedback is helpful. Thanks Soul.

Spookypt
Hi Spookypt,

About 20 years ago I got onto Dawes, once someone from their company sited the car they valued it for 120 k ! Perhaps better times?

Early in year when this happened, I just thought that Dawes would repair the car!

To my surprise I was told that they would pay me out and I would keep the car

They also supplied a letter stating that the car was not a write off!,

Cannot recommend them enough! All was settled witching 30 days.

But my car was imported as a 68! 22 years ago or so.

As a CSX chassis air car with 68 title.

The 65 Kirkham is insured with them too.

When they sited the Kirkham they personalised the Policy to reflect the exact replacement value including all the head aches involved , a happy result from my end!

It makes me laugh how some people on this forum feel the urge to prove what the car is,

The car is what it is, just a unique title attached to it!

I guess the whole Cobra thing has been so compromised with various claims of authenticity .

Good luck, if you need any more info let me know....

Although currently on a Greek island in the Aegean, the series of pigeons that is WiFi when not at the coffee shop , I get to retrieve info from the real world!

Best,

Soul.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BBF 545 Stroker Alloy Heads Roller Cam Aluminium Flywheel Twin plate Clutch TKO600 9inch Independent Rear 335x17 Rear 315x17 Front 1140kg
Not Ranked     

Quote:
That's not true!

It has not been written off! Dawes insurance paid me out in full without writing it off!
And then gave me back the car for free!
They even gave me a letter to confirm such!
Dawes underwriting , cannot recommend them enough!

Soul.
That's alright mate you were the one that said it was written off
Old 06-28-2013, 12:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo View Post
And 1980 is a lot closer to the truth.

I'd be selling it on the value of the Arntz heritage rather than listing it as a false 1965 car. But each to their own.

As for forums - I'd hope we could have the same conversation in person as a friendly difference of opinion. No offense intended.
No offence taken...

I have not listed falsely ,it clearly states what it is.

Otherwise you would not know its an Arntz.

Being a veteran to the marque,
How the whole Cobra scene has change!

Soul.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Puckett 250 GTO - LS1
Not Ranked     

I guess most are aware of this but;

In NSW, and I assume the other States, there is an;

Insurance write-off = it is more financially viable for the insurance company to pay out rather than pay for repairs; and a,
Statutory write-off = where the government declares the car is too badly damaged (amongst other reasons) and the VIN number can no longer be used. This is to prevent rebirthing, i.e. a stolen car being given the identity of a supposedly rebuilt wreck.

I assume in this case it is an Insurance write-off.

Last edited by PeterAllen; 06-28-2013 at 01:41 AM..
Old 06-28-2013, 01:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterAllen View Post
I guess most are aware of this but;

In NSW, and I assume the other States, there is an;

Insurance write-off = it is more financially viable for the insurance company to pay out rather than pay for repairs; and a,
Statutory write-off = where the government declares the car is too badly damaged (amongst other reasons) and the VIN number can no longer be used. This is to prevent rebirthing, i.e. a stolen car being given the identity of a supposedly rebuilt wreck.

I assume in this case it is an Insurance write-off.
Bingo!