Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 02:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

It probably works both ways Chris....
You need to go and have a look at the Absolute Pace product,

Craig's " Aluminium concept thing" is very very impressive.......

Although , using your method of deciding which is the best car, I'd have to say that the Factory Five car must be the winner....

Mind you, they both get soundly whipped by the Model T Ford....there was 15,000,000 of those !!!

After watching a number of guys struggling to get Factory Five Cobras built, with a lot of complaints about getting the parts to actually fit together..... I'm guessing that the Mark IV product must be a HUGE improvement on the previous models.

You say the Mark 4 has been produced for 17 years....but I think the Mark 4 , being the most recent model, might have been a much needed improvement on the previous efforts.

I have watched Craig over the years, creating this new product, and I can see things are about to change in the "Cobra world".

You're right though...the proof will be when Absolute Pace get a few finished and registered.

I know that there are a number under construction, and from the feedback I'm getting , they are going to be finished on time, and at the agreed price.

As for " Keep'n it Real", when we're talking about making REPLICA Cobras???????

I think that ever since REAL Cobras ceased being made, there have been many changes and improvements to the REPLICA car making process...

It seems that Absolute Pace have taken this to a new level...it's up to the other Cobra Replicas to keep pace...( I like that )

Cheers,
Warren
mate, leroy17, Paintwerks and 2 others like this.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Python ford 302 ho, 4 speed toploader, jag irs 3.54
Not Ranked     

I have noticed a little biase, there are other kits out there, also ebay seems to have one or to incomplete kits, as below most of the time
AC Cobra DRB KIT | eBay
my best suggestion is to go to a club event and compare them, shelbyfest was a great eye opener for me and you could see all the kits side by side, and all of them are drivers, all the members are more than happy to share information.
just my 2 cents.

Last edited by dhs.buckley; 07-01-2013 at 02:54 PM..
Old 07-01-2013, 02:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Mmmm - Component FFR .... ... yes come onto a site that you don't even sponsor making comments about Absolute Pace the Forums Australian page major sponsor..

Then have the audacity to post a main a Thread calling for FFR agents on the east coast....

Whilst competition is healthy, I think Component FFR have done themselves in my opinion a disservice.

Marketing 101 failure.

Marketing is about Product, Position, Promotion, Packaging and Price - Absolute Pace have ticked all boxes I believe.

The Smith boys at FFR have a good product. I have had the privilege to drive their FFR cars at the London Cobra show in Ohio where they are major supporters. Additionally, my laps of Midstates Raceway have convinced me it is a good product.

I am positive the Smith brothers at FFR have never promoted by riding off some else's marketing, they have historically let their product speak for itself. Having spoken to them in Ohio, and their agents at numerous events, I believe they would be above this current approach taken by their Australian agent at Component.

Absolute Pace is an Australian developed product. Lets be parochial for just a moment..

Absolute Pace is this page sponsor...

They attend every trade show paying for their trade sites...

They attend all major Cobra events...

They are the major sponsor at most events...

They employ about a dozen Australians building, chassis, bodies, assembling and packaging their kits...

They are active participants assisting all Cobra builders of any kit on this Forum..

They have been around building quality products that are on the road and registered, including Cobras, GT40 and SLC Coupes....

They were my first choice once I did my due diligence...

Mmmm guess Component kits - you would be better promoting yourself by standing in the middle of the Collingwood Football ground yelling go Geelong..

You would get a similiar response...
Aussie Mike, mate, Gav and 5 others like this.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 07-01-2013 at 03:11 PM..
Old 07-01-2013, 03:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMK View Post
Mmmm - Component FFR .... ... yes come onto a site that you don't even sponsor making comments about the Forums Australian page major sponsor..

Then have the audacity to post a main a Thread calling for agents on the east coast....

Whilst competition is healthy, I think Component FFR have done themselves in my opinion a disservice.

Marketing 101 failure.

Marketing is about Product, Position, Promotion, Packaging and Price - Absolute Pace have ticked all boxes I believe.

The Smith boys at FFR have a good product. I have had the privilege to drive their FFR cars at the London Cobra show in Ohio where they are major supporters. Additionally, my laps of Midstates Raceway have convinced me it is a good product.

I am positive the Smith brothers at FFR have never promoted by riding off some else's marketing, they have historically let their product speak for itself. Having spoken to them in Ohio, and their agents at numerous events, I believe they would be above this current approach taken by their Australian agent at Component.

Absolute Pace is an Australian developed product. Lets be parochial for just a moment..

Absolute Pace is this page sponsor...

They attend every trade show paying for their trade sites...

They attend all major Cobra events...

They are the major sponsor at most events...

They employ about a dozen Australians building, chassis, bodies, assembling and packaging their kits...

They are active participants assisting all Cobra builders of any kit on this Forum..

They have been around building quality products that are on the road and registered, including Cobras, GT40 and SLC Coupes....

They were my first choice once I did my due diligence...

Mmmm guess Component kits - you would be better promoting yourself by standing in the middle of the Collingwood Football ground yelling go Geelong..

You would get a similiar response...
Having re read my reply and out of respect for all those edited.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Component Cars View Post
As for the Pace how bout we all just calm down a little and wait until we see some get built, how long they take to get built and the big one...the end cost.
All Absolute Unknowns at this stage.
Certainly sounds like a hit a nerve. Healthy competition is what we are bringing to the market.

We have been quietly and professionally developing and building this product for many, many years. We are an experienced kit supplier and I believe the largest kit supplier & manufacturer in Australia with over 1800sqm and dozens of workers.

Chris, the end cost of PACE 427 is public knowledge. We have full pricing and full list of what is included in Comprehensive Kit. AND I WILL STATE AGAIN THAT I BELIEVE WE ARE CHEAPER THAN YOUR FACTORY FIVES AS A FINISHED PRODUCT USING ALL NEW PARTS. Please compare for yourself and check what is included in both offerings as we are far more complete in our parts offering. But you can still customise what is included.

Granted we have not supplied as many kits globally as Factory Five. But please tell me how many of your customers here in Australia have finished and registered their cars in WA. Then please tell me how many in other states. I think on this front we are on a pretty level playing field.

As for originality, we have a kit that can be finished to a much more authentic/original look externally than what a Factory Five can be. And I also believe we have a much more authentic body shape than Factory Five.

Chris, please share with us how much of your product is complianced for registration outside of WA. Do you have independent testing and certification for all the required aspects of your kits. What about the smaller items like seat belt mounts, seat mounts, seats, steering wheel/boss etc. Are your lights supplied with compliance certificates? Does your kit come with a compliant immobilisor? Does your kit come with compliant seat belts? Are your instruments compliant?

Chris, I respect the Factory Five product and look forward to further open debate on the differences.

Craig White
leroy17 and Cobra01 like this.

Last edited by 400TT; 07-01-2013 at 08:48 PM..
Old 07-01-2013, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Component Cars

Well done.

I see you edited your Post also.

I am the first to say you have a good product. Just let your product speak for itself.

Being part of the greater Forum and supporting all - speaks heaps.

Cheers

Last edited by BMK; 07-01-2013 at 03:42 PM..
Old 07-01-2013, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mmmm Craig sounds like we have a debate...

I thought the highlight was going to be the debate between Rudd and Abbott - about who was going to be the best Prime Minister.

You two would be better off focusing inwardly on your businesses don't get distracted. Not that I would be bold enough to give advice...

Like the coming election the voters or buyers will at the end of the day make their decision either informed or uninformed..

Now get back to work...
Old 07-01-2013, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace 427 SC
Not Ranked     
Default Your Pride and Joy

Hi Guys

Everyone who owns a Cobra be it a replica or an original Cobra thinks and rightly so that they have just the best Cobra in the whole world.

Even if you don't like the car you would not admit it even to yourself.

Owning a Cobra is about enjoying the driving experience and the freedom of choice of the different makes available.

I for one can't wait to get the rego plates on the car and i will think that I have the best Cobra in the world and I won't care what other peoples opinions are.

Enjoy the experience of driving something that very few others have and others dream about.

Cheers

Brad
Bod and d488y2 like this.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMK View Post
Mmmm Craig sounds like we have a debate...

I thought the highlight was going to be the debate between Rudd and Abbott - about who was going to be the best Prime Minister.

You two would be better off focusing inwardly on your businesses don't get distracted. Not that I would be bold enough to give advice...

Like the coming election the voters or buyers will at the end of the day make their decision either informed or uninformed..

Now get back to work...

I agree with Bernie's thoughts - focusing inwardly on your business.

That way everyone wins. For example: Sometimes when a Maccas opens next to a Subway - they actually both win by drawing a bigger crowds
As opposed to the initial fears that the capped market would be now split between the two.
If you don't believe that, then please ask yourself why some many pasta joints in Lygon st are so successful

Plus - I'm not keen to see any "Mass-debates" - they are often sticky and messy, without the same level of pleasure

Let the products speak for themselves...
nicho and Cobra01 like this.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

He he... you said "Mass-debates"
Towmaster and Rog246 like this.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Do the words 'Soggy SAO' mean anything to anyone else????
Old 07-02-2013, 12:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Sao

I believe any northside NUDGEE BOY would know exactly what you mean there Towy.

I thought that was bad until ZOOM came along!

Now.....back to the ring....
Old 07-02-2013, 12:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Who said what now?..... edit..edit..edit... I'm as guilty as any but on a topic like this its hard to keep up...

Just to refresh.....

Quote by BMK..."Remember this Forum is world wide and a public forum. I think it does little for us Aussies to be seen in this light. Posts are read within seconds by forum members and browsers/guests. Simply going back and editing is not satisfactory or professional use of the forum.

Remember, if you need to edit don't say it in the first place, the written or spoken word is the hardest to retract
."

Unquote....
Old 07-02-2013, 01:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

Bernie's quote is true to a point.......however I recon we can all say the wrong thing sometimes, perhaps without thought or intention.

It may take someone else to tell you to pull your head in, and, depending on your disposition, do you defend or retreat?

If the later, I think an Edit is appropriate
Old 07-02-2013, 01:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncobra View Post
Bernie's quote is true to a point.......however I recon we can all say the wrong thing sometimes, perhaps without thought or intention.

It may take someone else to tell you to pull your head in, and, depending on your disposition, do you defend or retreat?

If the later, I think an Edit is appropriate
Guilty as charged your honour...
Old 07-02-2013, 03:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Probably more relevant when it becomes personal...

The Moderators have had to close some pretty horrific Threads or delete them entirely due to personal and even sexist comments.

I think you get the idea.. It really is a fine line today that we all walk in the workplace and all.

Guess I am happy that I am not monitoring my staffs personal Tweeter and Facebook pages it is frightening the stuff they Post on there...
Old 07-02-2013, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

An apology from Chris to go with the edited post would've gone a long way. Nothing to do with the medium that was used (internet), we all make mistakes and should be given a chance to make amends. Unfortunately here I think the horse has bolted.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I think its more than that... if you go back and edit/change thread posts for other than "spelling" then the posters previous post topic becomes irrelevant. Nothing makes sense as in the case here... Posts on this topic have been edited 6 times...Sure maybe you're all just crap spellers (I am) but its now been changed more than for just bad spelling or grammar. The topic flow is dead now and has lost its way as when you read the topic for the 1st time the previous posting does not reflect the notion of the earlier post.

The general ethos of editing lies here...

Read: Unscrupulous Modifiers And Other Evil Doers!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Sambo, rather than me edit my post with a quote to Bernie's post... my post was responding to Bernie's post and yours snuck in under my post response....

Who's on 1st, What's on 2nd...... I'm just confused myself.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Spooky, from Jamo's warning message above, "Doing it without an explanation is just downright chicken****"

I have no problem with someone modifying an ugly or drunken rant, so long as they put something like "EDIT: removed offensive and personal attack, apologies to X"

Simple as that.