Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 07-10-2013, 03:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     
Default Do Cobras sell on Ebay (Aus)?

Does anyone have experience/success in advertising a Cobra on Ebay(Australia)? I'm keen to sell mine soon, and am thinking about listing it for a starting bid of $35K with no reserve.

I'm happy to roll the dice to see how it goes if there has been some previous success in selling cars on Ebay(AU). Is that likely to get any bidding action, or is it likely to end in someone getting a screaming deal or no bids at all?

Thanks for any opinions.

Last edited by 750hp; 07-10-2013 at 03:32 AM.. Reason: Tried to remove auto-generated hyperlinks
Old 07-10-2013, 03:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Craig,

If you search ebay with advanced settings you can filter to show 'completed listings' this enables you to see what things are selling for. They show the price and are in red if they didnt sell and green if they did.

Worth a search to see.

I sold a car on ebay once (300zx). I did as classified ad and the guy came around, looked at it, paid cash and took it away. I also had an RX7 on there where someone bought it but the sale fell through. This was ok, there was good communication and it all worked out in the end.

Consider a buy it now price and use the make an offer function. That way you see what people are willing to offer and you can choose to accept or decline within a 24 hour period.

Dont loose patients with it. A buyer will come eventually, don't go too cheap.

Liam

Last edited by Zedn; 07-10-2013 at 03:56 AM.. Reason: grammer
Old 07-10-2013, 05:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Thanks Liam. I had a look there, but it doesn't seem to go back very far, so there is only one complete Cobra listed and it's a classified advert. I know what you mean about not losing patience, but I'd prefer to either sell it straight away or keep it. I've never been good at having things hanging in limbo!

Cheers
Old 07-10-2013, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Python ford 302 ho, 4 speed toploader, jag irs 3.54
Not Ranked     

my sales on ebay have been easy with smaller items parts and so on, but selling cars and boats has been more difficult, espiecally cars when people are comming from interstate. my only source of bad feed back was on a car with 60,000klm on it, the bloke wanted to pick it up at 5am in the morning, checked it over, and then gave me bad feed back because it had 5 small stone chips in the front bumper and didnt tell him that.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

For what its worth the ebay listing may achieve a few things. Firstly its another medium for buyers to see what is on offer. Secondly for any potential purchaser it may indicate that the seller is a little more serious in selling and therefore prompting to possibility for contact and vehicle viewing.
There have been some cars (cobras) on car sales that have been there for three years...same photos.. same price.. same details. If a buyer is looking and has seen it with no change, bugger all effort for quality photos and details.... runs the risk of being dissmissed as not serious.

ac cobra replica shelby not mustang gt40 camaro

Theres a title with some keywords that should result in some hits with various searches.

Anyway, to answer the question, I dont think that a sale on ebay may be achieved first go... however it opens your market.

Just my thoughts......you only need one buyer and its a matter of them finding you. Your new buyer may not come from the cobra or greater cobra community..... or from car sales searches..... its finding the person who will make an emotional purchase... a project.... and sees value.

Its all emotional... there is nothing rational about these...... wait on... I rationalise spending all the time... no thats justifying.... bugger.

Last edited by leroy17; 07-10-2013 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: crap spelling.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrisons # 62 302 T5
Not Ranked     

Craig

I bought the Monaro on eBay - it was a no reserve auction with a reasonable starting price. Much like you have suggested for your Cobra. Pretty gutsy but provided the results in the end. The low start encouraged a few quick bids then the real buyers got involved. There were a dozen or so bidders over the course of the auction. You might have a smaller market for the Cobra so it could be more of a risk to be left with a single bid. Yikes!

Good luck.

Geof
Old 07-11-2013, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Perhaps try Just World cars it seems to get less Cobras on there and is quite cheap.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 07-12-2013, 01:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 registered Brushed Kirkham polished stripes, 427 FE kieth craft 482 efi.ss chassis and all the go gear .
Not Ranked     

Hang in there Craig,

Ebay attracts a lot of idiots thinking that you are desperate!
And you will waste a lot if time knocking back offers of swaps etc...
You have a unique car ,and any body thinking of getting into Cobras should consider an older complianced car with a great body!
FYI ,

I Sold my Arntz , so hopefully you should get more traffic your way!

Good luck.

Soul.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk1, LS1, T56, Jag S3 suspension
Not Ranked     

Cobra Country? I search on there and I know a few Aussie's have bought from there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: