Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 01:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Guys the Nationals have been fantastic with great weather - plenty of sunshine and dry track.

Times are a lot faster with 1.03 and 1.04 usual numbers for the fast Cobras and GT40's.

Surprisingly there are a lot of cars in the 1.12 up to 1.04. Whoaa a few years back running times of 1.12 or lower were a rarity. They certainly have got faster.

There is also a mix of cars joining in with three race 944 Porsche cars and a road GT3 Porsche having tons of fun and running great times.

Yes, Pace 427 was launched here yesterday with tons of interest and even orders placed today for cars. The display of both the blue Cobra and the grey Cobra has given customers a great comparison in undercarriage and a rolling car.

The suspension and other pieces displayed gave a real indication of the quality parts used.

Tomorrow Sunday is going to be a great day with even better weather promised.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 10-05-2013, 02:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Would be remiss of me not to comment on some of the Posts above after starting this Thread.

Yes the Thread announcing the launch was hi - jacked and I guess that is the option that users and Forum participants have.

Whilst I will personally support the gang at Absolute Pace and highlight both their professionalism and readiness to help me and other customers - there are now well over 100 - I understand a customer may not be happy with their experience.

However, can you really criticise a business or business owner who steps in to assist in bringing in a car that was purchased from another seller.... yes you are reading right, not Craig's customer..

Is it really reasonable to call Customs costs, Import Duty, GST etc. as payments to that business when it is passed onto the Statutory authorities as charges - money paid to the business or owner and forwarded immediately to those authorities. In this case the Statutory charges and costs forwarded by Craig prior to even getting the money in.

I am a bit "tuffer" as a businessman than Craig, as I would have politely told a customer - that was not mine - to make their own arrangements in importing their car and then modifying and complying that car themselves. Mmmm but Craig stepped in to help it appears.

Craig certainly has lots of orders and work and I cannot understand why he would be assisting another sellers customer. His call and well done in trying to do the right thing.

Anyway well done Craig in offering assistance to the buyer and advising, shipping etc.

Some you win some you loose.

Cheers
TUF-427 and Towmaster like this.

Last edited by BMK; 10-05-2013 at 02:10 AM..
Old 10-05-2013, 02:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMK View Post
Would be remiss of me not to comment on some of the Posts above after starting this Thread.

Yes the Thread announcing the launch was hi - jacked and I guess that is the option that users and Forum participants have.

Whilst I will personally support the gang at Absolute Pace and highlight both their professionalism and readiness to help me and other customers - there are now well over 100 - I understand a customer may not be happy with their experience.

However, can you really criticise a business or business owner who steps in to assist in bringing in a car that was purchased from another seller.... yes you are reading right, not Craig's customer..

Is it really reasonable to call Customs costs, Import Duty, GST etc. as payments to that business when it is passed onto the Statutory authorities as charges - money paid to the business or owner and forwarded immediately to those authorities. In this case the Statutory charges and costs forwarded by Craig prior to even getting the money in.

I am a bit "tuffer" as a businessman than Craig, as I would have politely told a customer - that was not mine - to make their own arrangements in importing their car and then modifying and complying that car themselves. Mmmm but Craig stepped in to help it appears.

Craig certainly has lots of orders and work and I cannot understand why he would be assisting another sellers customer. His call and well done in trying to do the right thing.

Anyway well done Craig in offering assistance to the buyer and advising, shipping etc.

Cheers
Bernie,

The above really is all here-say and none of our business frankly.
Im sure the both of them are big boys and will sort it out off the forum amicably.

In the mean time, I'm more keen to see the pics of those cars you mentioned
C'mon man post some pictures. Those with young families who can't attend are dying to see what's going on up there.

Thanks
boxhead, dc7531 and Rog246 like this.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ?????
Not Ranked     

Watch out for Stockholm Syndrome Bernie

Old 10-05-2013, 02:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMK View Post

Cheers
I find in my business it's often the customers you try and help out because you empathise with them are the ones that cause the most headaches.

I think APs reputation speaks for itself. Many happy customers post on here.

Hopefully that works itself out.

Cheers.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tonus72

- yes would be a danger if I was not on Craig's side from the outset.

Will get the Absolute Pace gang to post some photos if I see them tomorrow at Wakefield Park.

Last edited by BMK; 10-05-2013 at 06:26 AM..
Old 10-05-2013, 01:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonus72 View Post
Hey Sambo. If you are near Salamanca the Ball and Chain does great steak. Casual place.

Glad you enjoyed Hobart! Are you going to make it to Wineglass Bay for a walk?
Tony we took your advice and I had the 500g rib eye, wow! Off to Swansea today via Port Arthur.
boxhead likes this.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Replica, 5.0 Supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

There's a few pics on the Absolute Pace Facebook page.
But I'm looking forward to seeing more
The Blue Pace427 looks stunning
Towmaster likes this.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Glad you enjoyed Hobart! Are you going to make it to Wineglass Bay for a walk?

Tony
Tonus, my daughter did that walk yesterday with her husband and four littlies, eldest aged eight. The round trip took four hours !!! but they were rewarded by exceptional weather, views to rival the Whitsundays, and a performance by an energetic pod of close to shore dolphins. A few tears and trips on the way but it's something the kids will remember for a long time.

They've taken their caravan down from Brisbane and have been to Devonport Launceston Strahan Queenstown Hobart and are now coming up the east coast. They've loved every minute of their Tassie holiday so far (apart from the cost of the ferry ). This has been a shakedown run in preparation for a six-eight month around Australia trip starting next Easter.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Don

Sounds like the Apple Isle is the place to be at the moment!

Wineglass is not an easy walk, but VERY worthwhile. The dolphins were a bonus, but there is always something. One time I did it there were a dozen wallabies on the beach which was a unique sight...

The roads down here will provide a good shakedown - a few more narrow roads with twists and turns that you will find in most places on the big island.

I am glad to hear they are having fun too. Lucky kids!!

Four kids under 8 on a road trip - poor parents!

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donunder View Post
Tonus, my daughter did that walk yesterday with her husband and four littlies, eldest aged eight. The round trip took four hours !!! but they were rewarded by exceptional weather, views to rival the Whitsundays, and a performance by an energetic pod of close to shore dolphins. A few tears and trips on the way but it's something the kids will remember for a long time.

They've taken their caravan down from Brisbane and have been to Devonport Launceston Strahan Queenstown Hobart and are now coming up the east coast. They've loved every minute of their Tassie holiday so far (apart from the cost of the ferry ). This has been a shakedown run in preparation for a six-eight month around Australia trip starting next Easter.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

Bernie,

I said earlier that I wouldn't post anything more on here but some of statements require an answer.

Seriously regardless of who I bought the car from (which was Kirkhams direct after they advised they don't have any agents in Australia and as of last week still say the same thing)

I became Craig's customer when I paid in advance $8,000.00 deposit for my compliance. Craig asked for this payment in advance so he could get a head start on getting all the items in that were needed for my car, he now wants to hide behind the excuse that he doesn't have the items required to finish my car yet I paid this deposit over 18 months ago.

Craig asked if he could handle the shipping because he had other items that he wanted to ship with my stuff and we could share the costs.

You may recall in one of my posts above I had my own shipping agents and a quote for the importation, well Craig's offer to help cost me more money which is why I questioned the freight bill. I don't see it as unreasonable for me to question the cost of something which I have already had a quote for. Craig states he is only passing on the costs that he has incurred but on several occasions now I have asked for the original invoices for which I have received no reply.

As far as I'm concerned there was no empathy on this from the start Craig offered his services (which is what his business is about so not sure how this translates to being a favour) he provided a quote for his services he provided an itemised list of the work that would be undertaken he asked for a deposit that was promptly paid paid and to date he has failed to deliver.

From the outset all I wanted was a job done, I didnt haggle the price I didn't so much as question it.

What I'm upset about is Craig failure to communicate and failure to deliver what he has promised.

I have said earlier that Craig is a victim of his own success clearly understaffed for the work he has and is taking on.
hp1050 likes this.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Just a question on the freight issue?
I had a quote for the freight of my engine which was around $600 to the Port of Brisbane. Which at the time I thought was fine. Quotes for freight, I have found, do not include the handling & clearance fees at this end.... I had to add another approx $300 to the cost of my freight to be able to pick it up myself from the freight company..... And that was on a short block..... Then you have to pay someone to clear it from Customs...... I got 3 quotes for around the $500 mark.... In the end Craig let me put it on his account for around $220... Just wondering how thoroughly you researched your freight quote?
Old 10-07-2013, 06:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by d488y2 View Post
There's a few pics on the Absolute Pace Facebook page.
But I'm looking forward to seeing more
The Blue Pace427 looks stunning
Allegedly that blue colour is called 'Ash blue' after the owner of the car they copied the colour off....

But that could just be a rumour.....

TUF-427 and d488y2 like this.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmaster View Post
Just a question on the freight issue?
I had a quote for the freight of my engine which was around $600 to the Port of Brisbane. Which at the time I thought was fine. Quotes for freight, I have found, do not include the handling & clearance fees at this end.... I had to add another approx $300 to the cost of my freight to be able to pick it up myself from the freight company..... And that was on a short block..... Then you have to pay someone to clear it from Customs...... I got 3 quotes for around the $500 mark.... In the end Craig let me put it on his account for around $220... Just wondering how thoroughly you researched your freight quote?
I've shipped plenty of containers all around the world for the last 8 years (any where up to 10 different containers a year) research was fine and the company I got the quote from has handled all of my container shipping in the past without any issues. I put Craig in touch with them from the get go because they were about $1,000 cheaper then his quote on a door to door basis.
Basically I think the shipment was LCL because the bill from AP was itemised for the car and then the engine separate which is why the freight was so dear, I really don't know as the explaination I got was that was the cost. Personally I didn't understand getting an itemised bill I.e one cost for the car and a separate cost for the engine, when you pay for a whole container it isn't individual cost centres.

Not sure how much shipping Craig has done so not sure if he knows or not.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Watch out for Stockholm Syndrome Bernie

He's definitely in love, not sure whether he is actually a prisoner though

Pace cars looked great, but would have loved to have seen a finished car up and running as the title of the thread suggests. Not really a debut, but the kit is very impressive in the flesh.

PS. I thought a customer was someone who has paid money for a service and\or product. What would I know though, Im just a teacher.....
Gav likes this.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Tenrocca

I think my humour was lost - I was talking about engaging with hijackers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
He's definitely in love, not sure whether he is actually a prisoner though

Pace cars looked great, but would have loved to have seen a finished car up and running as the title of the thread suggests. Not really a debut, but the kit is very impressive in the flesh.

PS. I thought a customer was someone who has paid money for a service and\or product. What would I know though, Im just a teacher.....
BMK likes this.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Ahhh - no worries Tonus.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Damage, please get a freight quote from the same time your container was shipped with the exchange rate at the time. You will find the freight cost much less than if you had handled the freight yourself. If the other bulky parts were available in time, we would have been able to ship in a 40'. As a result I shipped 2 x 20' FCL a few weeks apart.

It was a 20' FCL, not LCL. Your shipment could not be shipped LCL, I don't even know why it has been mentioned. Anyone experienced with freight would know that LCL would not be viable or safe enough for a Kirkham body/chassis shipment.

I went to a lot of trouble to ship other parts to where your Kirkham was being packed, so you would not incur additional overland charges and minimise the risk of damage.

The reason for separate prices for body/chassis & engine was to accurately apportion costs to spare used in the container. Your body/chassis took up 2/3rds of the container and then I divided the remaining space up with the remaining parts and that is how I generated the cost for your engine shipment.

You've got to remember this freight cost is from Utah. It is quite expensive to overland freight from Utah to LA. So adds to the overall shipment cost.

The reason for early payment was that is when I was quantity manufacturing & sourcing the compliance parts for the next batch of Kirkham's.

Yes, we have quite a bit of work on at the workshop and it is always hard to find guys with the skill level required. But as mentioned earlier it is obvious you are not pleased with our service and the best course to move forward is to find someone else that will give you the level of service you are looking for.
BMK, TUF-427, Gav and 4 others like this.

Last edited by 400TT; 10-08-2013 at 01:52 PM..
Old 10-09-2013, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Replica, 5.0 Supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

PM sent
Old 10-10-2013, 08:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     
Question

Somebody call Jerry Springer!!!!
DAMAGE.....Seriously this type of public "he said....you said" really needs to go via your own email or phone!!!...or even better get off your arse and go deal with it in person your only an hour away!!!
You said earlier you didn't want to rubbish AP but your the one who chose to air your dirty laundry!!!!
AP in their responses here have been nothing but professional in responding to your posts!!!!
BMK likes this.

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln