Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 11:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     
Cool Pace 427 debuts at Nationals

Hi all

After getting off the phone to Craig at Absolute Pace and organising my accommodation and flights to Queensland tomorrow, I thought I would pass on an update...

Craig is busily - he is always busy - getting everything ready to bring down to the Cobra Nationals this weekend. Loading the truck and trailer with Absolute Pace goodies.

Mmmm.. maybe it should be called Santas Sleigh as it is delivering someones new Pace 427. Some lucky good little boy has five sleeps until ..

The debut of the Pace 427 along with many of the Absolute Pace components will give new owners and potential buyers a great opportunity to see the Cobra first hand.

...with orders and deliveries now well underway it will not be long before they are on the road.

I am looking forward to heading up to sunny Queensland tomorrow and driving back with the Queensland crew on Wednesday and Thursday.

See you all at Wakefiled Park Raceway.

Bernie

Maybe Craig will Post and picture or two of his Santas Sleigh and load of goodies...
d488y2 and Cobra01 like this.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 09-30-2013, 05:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

Maybe he could get some more santas little helpers
Old 10-01-2013, 05:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage View Post
Maybe he could get some more santas little helpers
I think Craig would be thankful for some more helpers but from my observations he's choosing quality over quantity at this time.

Every one of the workforce there is a craftsman -- well, except for that old greybeard taxi driver guy stuffing about with that blue car over in the corner.
Cobra01 likes this.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So how far progressed is your car Don and how long you been waiting
Old 10-01-2013, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
So how far progressed is your car Don and how long you been waiting
No mate, I'm not fortunate enough to be in the queue at this time.

I just go down to Craig's occasionally to generally get in the road and stare in wonderment at what's occurring there... Kirkhams, cammers, GT 40s, and to my mind the pick of the bunch, those truly awesome (not a word I use a lot) Pace 427s rolling down the line!

It's an eye-opening place to visit and to actually witness the emerging reality of one man's vision and determination. I truly believe that in the years to come the Pace 427s will come to be regarded internationally as among the top echelon of Cobra recreations.

But....for the moment I'm really enjoying my nice old Arntz.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I don't get there enough unfortunately, but for the last few months there hasn't been a need for me to go there since.

BTW its my Kirkham and the Cammer sitting in his work shop that have been sitting there since June. They were ready to come to Australia 12 months ago but Craig was way to busy.

I could go on about a lot of things but will refrain as I just want my car finished.

I agree the workmanship may be top notch but perhaps there is a point in someones business where they need to actually concentrate on turning out the work that has been paid for in advance and promised rather then going out chasing more work or get more staff.

Last edited by damage; 10-01-2013 at 05:51 PM..
Old 10-01-2013, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Don, please get out of the way so damage can get his car finished!

Waiting for cars to be finished over a period of time longer than the owners expectations are always very frustrating. Not zoning in on any brand in particular but its not a Robinson Crusoe scenario as I'm sure many have waited longer than they wanted. Be it an entire car, engine, paint etc it all seems to take longer. Not a justification just an observation.

Fingers crossed you get your car finished soon. It certainly looks pretty... Except for the drool many seem to have left on it.

And while I may get shouted down a little....the drive is on for cobra nats 2014 and damage we would love to have you and your completed car in attendance.

Spookypt
Old 10-01-2013, 07:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Python
Not Ranked     

I was there the other day and while he (Craig) was obviously very busy, took a little time to give a tour. If I was going through the process again of building a car, I would be seeing Craig, no doubt in my mind what so ever. Everything I saw , I liked and the thought behind why it was done that way, just as impressive.
Whilst I don't regret having my car and going through the process over many years of the build for one minute, the quality of what I saw getting done did make me a little 'crook' in the guts and very envious of those in waiting.
Thanks again to Craig for his time.

Regards
Chris L
Chook likes this.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I purchased my Kirkham directly from Craig and it was completed very quickly.

Follow up work and changes have also been done in a timely and professional manner.

The Pace 427 cars are starting to roll out of his shop now. After visiting there this week I can see the numerous improvements the Absolute Pace staff have made during the R + D stages - these take time as they want to ensure the best goes out from day one...
d488y2 likes this.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What sort of time frame do you call quickly Bernie
Old 10-03-2013, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Duplicated below...........

Last edited by BMK; 10-04-2013 at 04:21 AM.. Reason: Duplicate
Old 10-03-2013, 05:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Yes from the time of agreeing to purchase to completion was around nine months.

I purchased my Kirkham from Absolute Pace directly, although I had the option of buying previously from the US, I decided to buy from the new local agent.

I was keen on a Kirkham after driving one at Fontana Raceway at the Shelby American Auto event.

Craig does a great job looking after his customers and their cars and things are getting quite busy for him with his customers cars going out at nearly one a week.

The quality is exceptional.
d488y2 likes this.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bernie,

Well I'm glad to hear that your experience has been great.

I haven't been so fortunate my car was ready to ship in early October 2012 last year and after both David Kirkham and I hounding Craig to ship the car it finally left Kirkhams in April it landed in Australia in June and hasn't had a great deal done since. 7 months waiting.

I ordered my car in early 2011. It took a bit longer due to my engine.

Because of the completed state it arrived in Kirkham suggested between 5 to 10 hours to bolt it together. Plus Craig would take some time with compliance.

I paid Craig half of his money about 18 months ago so that he could have everything ready to start on the car the moment it arrived and to quote his words the car would be ready in a week or two. So that's $8,000.00 he has had to guarantee my work.

I have paid Craig something like another $20,000.00 in shipping and GST always paying promptly when ever he issued an invoice. (Craig's good at ringing and emailing when he's chasing money)

Now I get told a few weeks ago that my wheels aren't here even in his work shop even though I paid to have them shipped and saw them along with my suspension components in his work shop over 12 months ago.

Basically I have spent close on $200,000 for this car and at the moment have nothing to show.

Craig may very well have good products but good service I am yet to see this.

I've lost count how many times I've rung and left messages I've lost count how many emails I've sent and I'm getting tired of waiting.

Just for the record I'm posting all these comments on the back of Craig promising over the last few weeks on no less then 3 occasions that he would send me a complete list of everything required to finish the car. This came after he advised me that he now also doesn't have the suspension springs to finish the car.

So in summary I guess Craig's greater interest is in getting more work in rather than finishing the jobs that customers have already paid for.

BTW David Kirkham advised that they do not have dealers or agency's. This was only yesterday. He apologises sincerely because he referred me to Craig but he also has had immense trouble getting Craig to answer emails.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Was informed tonight I should check the forum.

Damage, I am sorry you have not been satisfied with the work and progress on the Kirkham. Your Kirkham is far more timing consuming to perform the required work than we expected due to specification being totally different to what we use as a base for the registration compliant specification in Australia. And as a result the parts we have in stock for you are not compatible. We have been progressing the changes, but it has required the resources of the guys critical to our PACE 427 & PACE GT roll out. So time has to be shared between the two priorities.

It is not a Kirkham we have imported ourselves, but one damage ordered and spec'd himself and to be honest we only offered our resources as we felt obligated.

I have only charged the actual incurred shipping costs and went out of my way to ship components to where the container was being packed to help offset the shipping cost. It was not to save myself or my customers some money, but to help damage with his shipping costs.

And there are no unanswered emails or phone calls from damage on my end.

I also emailed the requested list and received an acknowledgement.

But I am not going to sit idle and have unfounded public and personal attacks placed against myself and my business.

Best course to move forward is for damage to find someone else to perform the required work to his Kirkham. The Kirkham will be ready for immediate collection as soon as I return from the Cobra Nationals. I will be in contact.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I have paid Craig something like another $20,000.00 in shipping and GST always paying promptly when ever he issued an invoice. (Craig's good at ringing and emailing when he's chasing money)
Just checked my records, the invoice total was $16,594.52. This amount was billed after the costs were incurred from my end and after I had paid the GST etc, which is the majority of the invoice. Damage you paid that invoice 2 weeks later after I chased you up the 2nd time for payment. By the time I received payment I had already paid the entire shipping costs out of my own pocket.

And I have not charged you for one single work item since. So no charges for unloading the container, installing all suspension into the vehicle, installing rear differential, body repairs and all the other work that has been performed. More than fair in my books.

Quote:
Because of the completed state it arrived in Kirkham suggested between 5 to 10 hours to bolt it together.
5 to 10 hours might be possible with a lot of guys working on that vehicle at once and just physically bolting it together and nothing more. This is not a simple bolt together car. Things like suspension mounts etc need to be tuned for fitment and sub-assemblies constructed etc.

Quote:
I hounding Craig to ship the car
Interesting enough we were waiting for other very large components to arrive to share in the shipping costs, but after receiving Damage's request, we shipped out immediately in a smaller container. The other components we were waiting for were overdue and I was more than happy to wait any longer either. But I got served a whole lot of grief about the shipping cost, even with the other components shipped with it to share in costs.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Craig,

Have you forgotten about the first shipment you asked to get sent over with all my wheels and suspension components.

Have you forgotten about the $ 8,000.00 you asked and were paid as an upfront payment. So how have I not been charged for any work that you have performed.

Would like me to resend send the countless emails that you have never answered.

Can you tell me exactly how my chassis and body combination is different to the other Kirkhams you have complianced and why my car is so much more labour intensive. I realise the engine is different but you have been going to research and lye me know what was required, still waiting on that advise.

Can you explain how my shipment of the car cost so much when you had 2 or 3 engines in the same container. I provided you with a quote from my shipping agent that was cheaper than the costs that you charged but for what ever reason you decided to use your own shipping. I wouldn't call simple questions about the cost of shipping a whole lot of grief as you put it and after all I paid the bill.

Fast tracking the shipment of my missing parts at your expense why thank you, I do believe that the missing wheels as per your first emails was for another client there was certainly no mention of them being my missing wheels until sometime later. Would you like the photo of my wheels in the boxes at your factory when they first arrived.

Can you explain why it took you 7 months to organise the shipping of the car. I know you moved factory and everything but really 7 months.

I would have thought that our telephone conversation a couple of weeks ago would have been sufficient for you to realise that I had lost my patience and that you would promptly send an email listing the components that were missing but another 2 phone calls before you even acted.

As for you feeling obligated if I had of known this was such a burden for you I may have chose different. You offered your services because you wanted a car local to you because the other Kirkhams you were doing were all down south.

Any way I won't continue this on the forum because it wasn't my intent to rubbish you as you appear to have taken it.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ?????
Not Ranked     

Seems like we have lost track on this thread...

How is the Nationals debut going anyone?
Old 10-04-2013, 11:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Looked to me cars have been very well received. Shed displays all full of people. Next year we need a few out on track.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Tonus I was thinking the same. I'm keen to hear how these things drive.

Funnily enough I'm in Hobart for my last night tonight - we've had a great time. We walked down to Salamanca market this morning and spent the afternoon at Cascade brewery. Might go for a steak somewhere tonight. Off to Swansea tomorrow. Hobart is a lovely place and we've been spoiled with great weather and all the fine food and drink. It might be a little harder getting into the Cobra when I get home!
Old 10-05-2013, 12:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ?????
Not Ranked     

Hey Sambo. If you are near Salamanca the Ball and Chain does great steak. Casual place.

Glad you enjoyed Hobart! Are you going to make it to Wineglass Bay for a walk?

Tony