Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 01:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 302 Ford HO Block
Not Ranked     

Pity aboout the spark plug but to get in the top half of the field on your first outing is an awesome effort, well done!!
Old 12-08-2013, 01:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison 302 Windsor
Not Ranked     

It was definitely a thrill to see Mads on the other side of the fence at an event of that size.
Mads was very nervous at the start of his races (especially the first two) but performed very well.
He went forward in every race by several positions.
If it wasn't for the DNF in Race 2 he probably would have been sitting close to the top ten as his starting positions in subsequent races are based on previous race results.
It looks like the spark plug lead was shaken loose possibly by hitting curbs, that's what the mechanic implied, this is also confirmed by the onboard footage.
All in all, it has been a very successful weekend and Mads is very happy.
As I write this, Madison is still with the ARC guys "networking" at their end of year party.

I'm very proud - well done Mads.
Aussie Mike, Gav, Legless and 1 others like this.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Fantastic interview with Madison this morning on ABC TV news...
Great stuff mate...hope it can lead to more time in the race cars.

Cheers,
Warren.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Kits (Harrison) Ford 302
Not Ranked     

What. A. Weekend!

That was very different to anything i've done on a race track before! I knew it would be the case... but hotlapping and racing are very different things!

Biggest concern for me all weekend was knowing how competitive the series is and how unforgiving the Olympic Park street circuit is. The possibility of coming out of the weekend with damage i'd say is at least 50/50. So was very happy to finish the weekend with a straight car! Definitely didn't fight to the death for any positions but still pushed on and worked my way forward in all the races. My pace was seemingly good enough for about 10th to 15th, so a little disappointing not to get there but the DNF in Race 2 really was what prevented that.

Absolutely amazing weekend, couldn't really be any happier with how it all went. Was interesting to see how my driving ability was against the more "professional" guys I suppose you could say, it's always been something i've wondered over the years so was nice to get an answer to that!

What a track too, so far homebush is my favourite track to drive out of the tracks i've driven. You never get a rest, you are always driving on what feels like the limit. Any mistake and you're fighting to keep it out of the fence, it was a truly tough circuit but very rewarding at the same time!

And Wazza, first time on TV for me so was nervous about that too! Filmed it at 6am so being a teenager I was pretty much 95% asleep but I think it turned out alright!

Thanks everyone for all your support again, been incredible how many people wished me well before the event and even after it so thanks again guys!

Onboard from Race 2:

Old 12-12-2013, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MK111 Ford 5.0 Cammer N/A
Not Ranked     

Good job for your first race meeting Mads are you going to continue next year. Here's some more Aussie cars mixed in supper TT at Winton in the wet this year it was very slippery but it was interesting seeing them race all sorts of other cars. Winton Super TT July 2013 - YouTube
Old 12-12-2013, 11:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ47 View Post
Good job for your first race meeting Mads are you going to continue next year. Here's some more Aussie cars mixed in supper TT at Winton in the wet this year it was very slippery but it was interesting seeing them race all sorts of other cars. Winton Super TT July 2013 - YouTube
Hopefully i'll be back in something for a round or two here and there next year. Whether that's an Aussie Racing Car I don't know...

Yeah it's interesting that Aussie Racing Cars are capable of 1:05s/1:06s at Wakefield Park with a good steerer. We all know of course that the fastest street registered Cobra's at the Nationals are doing approximately those lap times. But you can see in your video LJ, they make up all their time in mid corner speed/braking and acceleration. They are actually quite slow once you get to 100km/h, top end speed is really not that great so they lose all their time there. I think at Sydney the top speed I was getting to was only about 180km/h-190km/h on the main straight so they're not mega fast considering the length of the straight and that it's downhill!

Definitely awesome cars though, by far the most fun i've had on a race track. Just so easy and fun to drive! Not like a Cobra where they constantly want to kill you!
Gav likes this.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here are all the videos that I have uploaded so far from the event in one place!

Race 1 Onboard (Cockpit view - First ever race!)

Race 2 Onboard (Dash view)

Race 4 Onboard (Dash view)

and a bit of outside footage...