Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 11-14-2013, 08:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default shipping gold coast to perth

Gent's,

Wondering in any of you guys can suggest a carrier than can help me ship an open wheel race car (along with it's spares) from the Gold coast to Perth.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My Daytona is still for sale but could not resist any longer and had to get a new project hence the request.

2010 Custom Kitcar Shelby Daytona
Old 11-14-2013, 09:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Ricky
Most car carriers I spoke with will not allow you to put spares etc inside the car and the car had to be able to be driven on to the truck. So I used a 20' shipping container from Uloadit to move my Cobra kit from the Gold Coast to Adelaide. You just have to have someone at the pick up end that knows what they are doing as far as tying the car down and packing the loose items,they put the container on the ground for loading and the same the other end.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Cheers for the help. I am rapidly finding exactly that. Spare parts seem to be an issue for most.

Unfortunately container collection isn't feasible at the pick up end and i don't want to disrespect the efforts of the previous owner has gone to with the sale.

I have a call out to Kevin at No Fuss per one of the earlier threads and waiting on a call back from him.

I really don't want to have to do a drive from Perth to Gold Coast and back to collect myself.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Is it a space issue or loading the container?
They do offer a loading service but I think they charge$120 an hour here is the link anyway hop it works Home
Old 11-15-2013, 02:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Replica Motor Company
Not Ranked     

Try Ceva logistics and it is true that nothing can be loaded inside for car and the car must be mobile.
Check out ebay.com.au and I think there is a guy who carts caravans etc..
Old 11-15-2013, 03:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ricky this may be a weird idea and I'll probably be howled down for suggesting it but ......seeing you live in the world's most isolated city (and to my mind one of the prettiest, by the way) would you consider sending your car by container ship?

How much different would it be in logistical terms from sending it from Brisbane to Perth than to, say, Auckland? Apart from turning right out of Moreton Bay instead of going straight ahead? I've done absolutely no research on this so there may be costs and other issues I'm unaware of, but with a container you can put what you like in there without the difficulties that road transporting seems to come up with, and seeing you're staying within Australian waters there's no customs involvment -- is there?

Anyway mate, just a thought.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Logistics aside, what did you buy???
Old 11-15-2013, 10:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the help. Kevin (no fuss) rang yesterday and is hopefully hatching a plan. He doesn't come this way any longer. He is a great guy and for you guys on the east coast , he would be awesome.

The container quote i got so far is around $5k ! But still looking around and waiting on quotes. Already getting grief from the wife about possibly doing a road trip with a mate before christmas to collect it.

The car is a Ralt. Bought for a long term restoration project as i love race car engineering of early cars before they all became plastic and really hi tech. Intend to track down the history, bring it back to original 1985 livery, log book it for group R, (it has original log books so hopefully straight forward process) then have some fun. Thats the plan anyway. (famous last words)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: