Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Kirkhams in Australia (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/125963-kirkhams-australia.html)

soulman 02-02-2014 10:13 PM

Kirkhams in Australia

Guys,

I don't get on this too often , but when I do it seems there is another Kirkham in the country!

Talk about common as $hit!:)

So ,

How many are there here... On the way...

Fully registered ...
Club registered...

Mine has been here on full rego for 6 years now!

How many more ???

Just curious !

Soul.

BMK 02-02-2014 10:43 PM

Soul,

Hi mate.

Long time since we have spoken. We had a club garage run down your way on Saturday - just on the chance that you were blamed for doing burnouts etc..:LOL:

Tenrocca 02-02-2014 11:20 PM

Kirkham replicas are rarer, and hence should be worth more.

albanycobra 02-03-2014 12:27 AM

How does the Kirkham go in regards to torsion testing?

Dimis 02-03-2014 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albanycobra (Post 1283543)
How does the Kirkham go in regards to torsion testing?

Evidently they can be made to pass.

Dominik 02-03-2014 06:02 AM

Are your cars RHD?

damage 02-03-2014 01:11 PM

Soul man I don't know about common as ****e, most don't have all the fruit

soulman 02-03-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damage (Post 1283639)

Just tongue in cheek ! hence the smiley !

Love to find out how many are out there in Australia !

Looks like Pace has sold a few and there must be others like the ones in Perth ?

Soul.

sambo 02-03-2014 02:32 PM

Ziptied.

soulman 02-03-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambo (Post 1283665)
Anything can be made to pass with enough extra steel. I recall from an earlier thread that Soulman found a loophole - correct me if I'm wrong Soul, or is yours fully engineered including twist and bend?

Definitely no loophole !

But getting back to the topic.....

how many are out there ???

Soul.

soulman 02-03-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMK (Post 1283535)
Soul,

Hi mate.

Long time since we have spoken. We had a club garage run down your way on Saturday - just on the chance that you were blamed for doing burnouts etc..:LOL:

Bernie,

The Toyota Hilux has been behaving !

The Coffee machine is always on !

Talk soon,

Soul.

OnyxRider 02-03-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulman (Post 1283534)
Guys,

I don't get on this too often , but when I do it seems there is another Kirkham in the country!

Talk about common as $hit!:)

So ,

How many are there here... On the way...

Fully registered ...
Club registered...

Mine has been here on full rego for 6 years now!

How many more ???

Just curious !

Soul.

Don't you hate it when you are the first and then more are purchased. Bought a 2004 Lexus SUV blue mica beautiful SUV for my wife and twins. Visited Ralph Lauren one day at his garage in westchester where he keeps his collection. MF'er had the sme color SUV three months later when he visited my place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by damage (Post 1283639)

You mean they don't have any balls to them?

OnyxRider 02-03-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominik (Post 1283574)
Are your cars RHD?

Probably wrong side. Errr I mean right side.:cool:

Absolute Pace - Kit Car Manufacturer of Cobra & GT40 Replica's and other modern Sportscar kits (formally Race Car Replicas Australia)

damage 02-03-2014 04:46 PM

Ok so back on topic, mines right hand drive with every option and I intend for it to have full registration.

Dominik 02-03-2014 09:46 PM

I am still curious, for two reasons: Australia, so I heard, lifted the ban on LHD cars. (South Africa never will).

And: the engine is offset by 1/2" to the right in LHD cars. Had that been changed?

soulman 02-03-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominik (Post 1283747)
I am still curious, for two reasons: Australia, so I heard, lifted the ban on LHD cars. (South Africa never will).

And: the engine is offset by 1/2" to the right in LHD cars. Had that been changed?

Yeah , the whole 1/2" offset had me rattled for a while!
Could not work out why my air cleaner was always rubbing!
I was convinced my chassis was off or something , until I was educated!

Soul.

albanycobra 02-04-2014 04:38 AM

Quote:

so back on topic, mines right hand drive with every option and I intend for it to have full registration.
ok so what's the plan of attack? I am not sure about qld regs.
5 gas or emission test?
torsion test? I know in WA if the chassis is built by a large scale Manufacturer then this test is not required.
beam test?
Noise test and Engineers report.

What about steering locks and lights?

other than these issues a Cobra is a Cobra.....

damage 02-04-2014 05:14 AM

Albany cobra

I figure the biggest hurdle I have is my engine but I haven't started that path yet, it's only an engine so tuning it, shutting it up etc etc won't be hard. My hardest noise issue is going to be induction noise and shutting it up because there isn't any room under the bonnet. At the moment I reckon I have as much noise from the front as I do from the sides. Emissions etc shouldn't be to hard I already have the cats worked out, so some time on the dyno for a tune. Some other expert suggested fitting an engine for rego and then swapping it out later but I want to be full legal so I will run the full path with what I have.

Torsion etc is all engineer stuff I'll leave that to the engineers.

All the other adr stuff on mine is complete.

750hp 02-04-2014 05:50 AM

...and if it all becomes too hard to get the cammer complianced, the very least I can do to get you out of that predicament is to offer you a straight swap for a new crate Coyote motor.
I know, my generosity knows no bounds. ;)

So.... the start of the Aussie KMP Registry:
Damage - RHD 427 (482 Cammer)
BMK - LHD 427 (468 FE)
Lexluther - RHD 427 (351W)
Soulman - LHD 427 (482 FE)
Dimis - LHD 427 ("Brent" FE)
64galaxie - RHD 289

Any others?

Lexluther 02-04-2014 12:59 PM

I know Craig had three initially, mine, Bernie's and I think there is a polished one still sitting in Craig's show room, The only sure way is to ask David Kirkham how many he has sipped to oz?