Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree115Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 04:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ?????
Not Ranked     

Mate - you have a very interesting build happening there.

Please keep the pics and details coming.

A picture is worth a thousand words anyway!

Cheers

Tony
Laner likes this.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail427 View Post
thax Leroy17 you made me lol I was fiddling with pics at around 2 or 3 in the morning
and thought I was creating art, but alas my fellow forum peers think I`m an ass, he who is without sin through the first stone!
Don't take the grammar critique personally. These guys are the sort that literally take the shirts off their backs to help fellow enthusiasts out, and are genuinely interested in seeing the details of your build.

The root of the problem is getting into the habit of texting on the go which often means no punctuation, liberal use of slangs and abbreviations, and a heavy reliance on automatic spell checkers. Works great for short text messages, but can be a real headache for readers when trying to decipher longer, more detailed forum posts.

Keep the pics and details coming - everyone wants to see the intriguing new Pace cars come together, so every build will pull a lot of interest.
You'll probably get a few jabs from purists for the unconventional details, but most will find them interesting as hell. Share your thoughts on the hood vent. They work well on some designs to increase flow through the radiator and to evacuate hot air and pressure from under the bonnet. I used smaller twin vents on my car and they do make a big difference in keeping the engine compartment cooler.
Can't wait to see the pics. Keep the updates coming.

Buzz
Tonus72 likes this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 04-28-2014, 04:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Good to see you dropping in here Buzz. I hope you're recovering well from your offroad excursion.

For those who haven't had a chance to see any of Buzz's great artwork, click on his photo gallery.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Hello Craig. I'm making good progress with the recovery and I've actually started work on the car. Its a work in progress that will probably stretch out over a few months. Even wrenching on these cars can be enjoyable.

Buzz
750hp likes this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 04-28-2014, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427CC 3UZ FE V8
Not Ranked     

Hi all I only have a few more pic`s CraIg sent me which is the same pic`s different angles, but I am going to the pace factory soon and ill try to remember my camera. But I would like to borrow a pic from the net to show my line of thought on the car.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Don't take the grammar critique personally. These guys are the sort that literally take the shirts off their backs to help fellow enthusiasts out, and are genuinely interested in seeing the details of your build.

The root of the problem is getting into the habit of texting on the go which often means no punctuation, liberal use of slangs and abbreviations, and a heavy reliance on automatic spell checkers. Works great for short text messages, but can be a real headache for readers when trying to decipher longer, more detailed forum posts.

Keep the pics and details coming - everyone wants to see the intriguing new Pace cars come together, so every build will pull a lot of interest.
You'll probably get a few jabs from purists for the unconventional details, but most will find them interesting as hell. Share your thoughts on the hood vent. They work well on some designs to increase flow through the radiator and to evacuate hot air and pressure from under the bonnet. I used smaller twin vents on my car and they do make a big difference in keeping the engine compartment cooler.
Can't wait to see the pics. Keep the updates coming.

Buzz

ok buzz you twisted my arm, or maybe let it rest till it comes out ill PM you, I have PM`ed Leroy17 don't know if he has read it.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo View Post
Nice to see something a little different Hail. Years ago I had a 350 Chev in a Monaro and the modern LS powerplant is a much more refined engine - although the old one sounded better!

Are you going for a traditional look or something more modern with the styling?
Hi sambo, the older carb cars are more fun admitting they did break down more, but you could remove replace and be back on the road most of the time in one afternoon, while adding speed equipment without the need of a computer is much more fun,

I like the traditional look but if I have a product that mimic the original but is offered as a better product why not use it, and a little change makes things evolve not go extinct.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Toyota DOHC v8 was trial fitted into pace chassis, CraIg has given me some choices with engine mounts and exhaust.

First Choice – use factory alloy engine mount plates and use pace Urethane engine mounts and chassis brackets and use the factory exhaust headers with modifications.

Second Choice – custom exhaust headers, custom engine mount plates, urethane engine mounts and chassis brackets

Engine fitted as close to firewall as possible due to engine bias (resistance of moving objects to change direction) also weight bias has impact on breaking and traction, I asked CraIg about a brake booster and anti braking system but I feel if engine is set at right position I would get more of the ROAR Cobra feel rather than trying to tame the beast.

Auto Transmission clearance to tunnel & chassis is fine. Can use existing rubber mount and then custom crossmember to accommodate to undercarriage

Alternator Clearance – modifying of RH minor support bar and moving the Alternator closer into the engine needed, along with a custom length belt, the oil filter clearance to chassis will make it necessary to move the oil filter and manufacture of remote filter connection plate.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok Now I need some advice I have shared some of my thoughts and build, now ill share my thought so others that don't want to cut an ugly hole in their great looking guard so as to stick an ugly light that someone may or may not see,
my thought is instead of cutting the car why not cut the side mirrors and now here is where I need your opinions as I have my own but want different feedback and together I will decide what I would put and where [the side indicator lights, what would you use and were would you attach it] try not to be too rude I am at a tender age.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Also 1 more question for now and after I get results I'll share my thoughts,
[what is a good carpet to use] I don't want expensive the reason would be obvious but I'll share that later but need to know a good soft to the touch (barefoot feel) and an all weather carpet tan or brown or black, I'll need more advice later with carpet but first I need to find a good carpet, thank you for your help and thoughts. As I mentioned previously if it can mimic the original product but give a better result I'm all for it and if it can be evolved (to a point where it doesn't change what was the original thought behind it then all the better.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427 SC-S, 351W
Not Ranked     

Hail,
If you asking for a durable and inexpensive carpet that will get wet then try a marine store such as bias boating. I would be surprised if a factory cobra had carpet. Also a car upholstery person may need to be consulted as trimming and finishing carpet edges neatly is a skill.
Regards, Pigsear.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     

Quote:
my thought is instead of cutting the car why not cut the side mirrors ...
Nice idea Hail. I ride a motorbike and admit I appreciate these as they are more visible usually. Plus you don't cut the body. But this might be a challenge as the trad raydot side mirrors are pretty small; don't know if there's room for lighting. But maybe with LEDs these day?

Anyway, thumbs up idea - I like it!
Old 04-28-2014, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
my thought is instead of cutting the car why not cut the side mirrors
Or ... you could consider Lexluther's novel idea and mount the indicators in the side vents.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by guye View Post
Nice idea Hail. I ride a motorbike and admit I appreciate these as they are more visible usually. Plus you don't cut the body. But this might be a challenge as the trad raydot side mirrors are pretty small; don't know if there's room for lighting. But maybe with LEDs these day?

Anyway, thumbs up idea - I like it!
I know someone has put a lipstick camera in a Raydot Mirror.
I'd have thought that a light would be easier.
In any case I like Lexluther's approach.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

Buzz
Well said. Exactly my thoughts Buzz.

Hail, I wasn't trying to be a "...funeee gi" or whatever way you want to trivialize things.

I was deadly serious and I still stand by my original comment. I am a busy person with a busy life. I don't have time to decipher the content of your posts and to TRY to work out what you are saying.

I'm a fellow Pace owner like you, who is interested in your build as I'm sure you'll be interested in mine. We're here to help each other, and that was purely the motivation for my original post.

If you are seeking answers to your questions and our help, I don't think it's too much to ask that you make sure something is readable (to a High School English standard at the very least) before you post it.
BJ's Snake and Gav like this.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintwerks View Post

Hail, I wasn't trying to be a "...funeee gi" or whatever way you want to trivialize things.

I was deadly serious and I still stand by my original comment. I am a busy person with a busy life. I don't have time to decipher the content of your posts and to TRY to work out what you are saying.

I'm a fellow Pace owner like you, who is interested in your build as I'm sure you'll be interested in mine. We're here to help each other, and that was purely the motivation for my original post.

If you are seeking answers to your questions and our help, I don't think it's too much to ask that you make sure something is readable (to a High School English standard at the very least) before you post it.
Just a tad condescending mate? If your so bloody busy don't read his posts.

It's like reading Tolstoy compared to Sideshow.

Cheers
Gav, Wazza, Towmaster and 1 others like this.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintwerks View Post

Hi Paintwerks, thank you for your honest opinion, sorry but English isn't my first language but you at least stopped and smelled the roses, 99% of the world didn't and yes we both have Pace cars so if I can ask you for your thoughts and help I do appreciated it. It wasn't my intention to start my post like I did but it was late at night, I haven't been sleeping well I am recovering from a staph infection in my leg and being late my head wasn't thinking in English it wasn't really thinking, so I am sorry to the Australians I offended I will try to use the Australian spell checker, time permitting, and again thank you for your honesty.
mate, Gav, Wazza and 2 others like this.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I held my tongue because I figured English wasn't your first language.

Looking forward to seeing your build progress.

Ducting the radiator up through the bonnet per the Daytona and GT40 was something I've often thought about too. I have a spare bonnet I was thinking of modding. The difficulty will be in getting the duct work from the radiator up to the hood. The flip front on the Daytona makes it easy but I reckon it might make engine access difficult on a Cobra.

Cheers

Old 04-28-2014, 09:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mike View Post
I held my tongue because I figured English wasn't your first language.

Looking forward to seeing your build progress.

Ducting the radiator up through the bonnet per the Daytona and GT40 was something I've often thought about too. I have a spare bonnet I was thinking of modding. The difficulty will be in getting the duct work from the radiator up to the hood. The flip front on the Daytona makes it easy but I reckon it might make engine access difficult on a Cobra.

Cheers
Hi Aussie, now this is what I wanted from my post, I have asked Craig to fit it to my build and when I get some pictures I will post them, he said that he would try and that it wasn't that difficult and he would put a shroud, and a lip on the bonnet, and as long as it Doesn't splash oil on the windscreen it should be ok, I'll PM my thought's thank you for yours.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ?????
Not Ranked     

Hi hail

my plan is a 'classic' blue with white stripe Cobra replica. Trying to keep as true to the original as I can. Visually at least...

But that is the beauty of these cars - you make it the way YOU want.

I am keen to see how your car comes out. It will be an interesting build.

Cheers

Tony