Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2014, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano59 View Post
thanks for that mike appreciated im just waiting for the owner to send the engineering reports thru for me to look at all my research tends to be positive about them .
do you know when abouts they went to the round tube chassis ?
cheers dean
I'm guessing around 2010? Greg on here has one of the earlier round tube cars he can probably answer that question.

I can tell this is a square tube by the lack of rear wheel offset in the pics. It'll be running the AU Falcon rear end.

Cheers
deano59 and Gav like this.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mike View Post
I'm guessing around 2010? Greg on here has one of the earlier round tube cars he can probably answer that question.

I can tell this is a square tube by the lack of rear wheel offset in the pics. It'll be running the AU Falcon rear end.

Cheers
Round Tube CR Chassis came out about March 2008. The body is the same but the chassis and suspension are different. (Custom A arms with VZ hubs on front and Shortened VE LSD Rear).

Cheers

Gregg
Old 07-21-2014, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjkrv8 View Post
Round Tube CR Chassis came out about March 2008. The body is the same but the chassis and suspension are different. (Custom A arms with VZ hubs on front and Shortened VE LSD Rear).

Cheers

Gregg
thanks to both Mike and yourself Greg.
all help is appreciated
regards dean
Old 07-21-2014, 06:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by macloft View Post
I have a cobra that is brand new (ready to register) with engineers report, but I can't drive it. It is run often, polished and wrapped up again. Would I sell it?, maybe, but I had it built for me, it was fun, exciting and stressful all in one. I have spent lots of money and time, and will never get it back. Just like my kids.

But if I sold it, I wouldn't want to hear all the things about it that others don't like (just like my kids). So I just look at it from afar and continue to dream and be happy. It's got an auto, it's brand new ready to go.
I might just give it to my son.
im sure he would appreciate it all my dad left me was a rusted out vw beetle but it made a great buggy that myself and his grandson got many yrs of enjoyment out of till it died .
people buy build cobras for many reasons some to drive on nice sunny days some to race and some just sit in garages to be admired . I don't think there is any right or wrong reason to own one and just having the privilege to own is special in itself I believe.

cheers dean
renovationinnov and Lexluther like this.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

I am pretty sure that this is Mark Runnal's old car.

It was a factory built car and very well looked after.

Ben
Old 07-21-2014, 11:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I had a feeling it was a factory built car going by the cold air intake with the CR sticker on it.

Cheers

Old 07-22-2014, 04:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival LS1 6spd
Not Ranked     

Dean,

I am yet another owner of a square tubed Classic Revival. I would not trade it for anything else that is being offered by any other kits that are around at present.

Yes sure they have there own little things that require refinement but refining them is all part of the journey. Constructing the kit is just the start of the journey, evolving the car is the next phase of the journey which is as much fun as the first part.

If you purchased that vehicle, the items you need to refine that vehicle are readily available from the one and only Mike Murphy and you can rest assured if he finds any other items to refine it further he always let everybody know.

Its my belief that at the end day its all about the enjoyment you get from building, tinkering and driving your cobra not what brand it is.

Rod
Old 07-22-2014, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RODA View Post
Dean,

I am yet another owner of a square tubed Classic Revival. I would not trade it for anything else that is being offered by any other kits that are around at present.

Yes sure they have there own little things that require refinement but refining them is all part of the journey. Constructing the kit is just the start of the journey, evolving the car is the next phase of the journey which is as much fun as the first part.

If you purchased that vehicle, the items you need to refine that vehicle are readily available from the one and only Mike Murphy and you can rest assured if he finds any other items to refine it further he always let everybody know.

Its my belief that at the end day its all about the enjoyment you get from building, tinkering and driving your cobra not what brand it is.

Rod
thanks for the reply rod the common theme im getting is most cr owners love there cars they seem to be well build but also continue to evolve in there construction im still waiting for the engineers reports to turn up so I can have a read and forward them onto our road transport for a yay or nay for rego .
if that gets the go ahead I will fly over to see the car and work out the minor details from there .

cheers dean and thanks for the feed back
Old 07-22-2014, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

An approved CR will pass in SA with no problems.
Mando has one in Adelaide which is a bit rough but will give you an idea of what they are about
Jaydee is building one with an auto in Adelaide too.

Contact either of them to have a look prior to paying for a plane ticket if need be.

Gav
boxhead likes this.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
An approved CR will pass in SA with no problems.
Mando has one in Adelaide which is a bit rough but will give you an idea of what they are about
Jaydee is building one with an auto in Adelaide too.

Contact either of them to have a look prior to paying for a plane ticket if need be.

Gav
thanks for the heads up gav
Old 07-22-2014, 06:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk1, LS1, T56, Jag S3 suspension
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano59 View Post
esp if it's a Ferrari deano :-) er dino
Speaking of Dino's, I was at the Fazza shop here in Perth the other day and Dan Ricciardo's dad's Dino was in for a service. They also had one in the showroom for $367K!
deano59 likes this.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
A bit rough...?
Yep, that's how I'd describe it too...
Old 07-23-2014, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

I may be wrong, but is that "Sloths" car?

If it is, then most of the "comprehensive build manual" that came with my car used this one to assemble the manual.

From my understanding the NSW compliance is amongst the most difficult within Australia, so there is a fair chance that if the car is a newish build (I think last major ADR change was late 90's to eliminate any engine that does not meet Euro 3 spec, but other more recent builders may have more info).
If this car is the one I think it is, it is one of the earlier square tube cars, maybe less than 10 before Mine, Mikes, Mizzis Gavs or Andrews, I am not sure when Mando bought his kit.

Like most CR Square tube owners, I run many Aussie Mike build parts to improve the steering and suspension geometry. (They are scary without the rear bump steer kit, and I have never tried it with steering rack mounted as per "Comprehensive build manual").

I would happily own and build another square tube car.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I don't think it's Sloth's old car Dave. He had a different cold air intake on his. Slot's was the chassis before mine I believe. It was under construction when I was visiting Ian's workshop to see my chassis progress.

Sloth sold his a while back and I think the new owner repainted it. I used to love the Porsche Guards red paint it used to have. I thought I had some pics of the new paint job somewhere.

Cheers

Old 07-23-2014, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Not Ranked     

Ok, I wasnt real sure.

Cruising in 5th

Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I believe the car was factory built for a accountant who then on sold it to it,s current owner who has had it for about 4years spoke with the owner yesterday who is trying to find the engineers reports for the car, Rego here wants to see results for steering and brake lane test and torsional and beaming test results before they will consider any car from interstate for rego if those can't be produced the car needs to go thru full engineering and pass before it can be put on the road. Hence why my search is bait more complicated than most.. I've been thinking about getting a pace kit can prob have one on the road for not too much more money in the end . I need a trip to qld to visit my son could kill two birds with one stone lol. Cheers Dean
Old 07-23-2014, 10:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Torsional and beaming test, and I think lane change test is supplied by CR when a kit is purchased.

Cruising in 5th

Old 07-23-2014, 10:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead View Post
Torsional and beaming test, and I think lane change test is supplied by CR when a kit is purchased.
I was under the impression from when I had my last car engineered the guy had rented out Adelaide international raceway and set up cones to do the lane change and steering test . each car had to be done to make sure they passed and had been build correctly by the owner.

that may be different on a factory build car tho or it may just be a south aust thing at the time .
on another note had a nice long chat with craig from ap cobras I might just hold off for a month or so till I can get to qld for a look :-)
Wazza, Tonus72 and Cobra01 like this.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Part of my recent(ish) engineering process was the lane change test. Torsion and beaming should be available from CR. Not sure though if lane change was always performed prior to the current process.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival LS1 6spd
Not Ranked     

The only test that my engineer carried out was a brake test, all other test were provided by CR.

Mind is chassis number 3174, I think mind sits some where between Mikes and Dave's.

This car is newer that mind.

If it was built in 2007 it would one of the last before CR changed to the round tube chassis

Some where in this web sites archives is a CR register which was generated a few years ago, the car may appear on that if you can find the chassis number.

Rod

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: