Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By guye
  • 1 Post By DaveW
  • 3 Post By guye
  • 1 Post By leroy17

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2014, 12:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     
Default Coming to America (and Mexico and Cuba)

Just booked holiday next year in June.

Las Vegas 1-3
Miami 4-6
Cuba 6-14
Mexico (Cancun) 14-20

Any cobra related events or activities recommended? I will TRY to have them inserted into the itinerary!

Already slated Shelby American visit in Las Vegas.
Chris L, leroy17, Tonus72 and 1 others like this.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3514, LS3, Dual Quads, Holley Dominator EFI, TR6060, VE 3.7 LSD, AP Racing Brakes, 17x8 & 10 Custom Dragway Billet Wheels.
Not Ranked     

Backdraft Racing, Boynton Beach Florida, a nice drive just up the coast from Miami
guye likes this.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     

Just back from the trip.

Went to the Shelby American factory in Vegas and saw those beasts being built.

And the museum, including Carroll's first Cobra which they allegedly refused a USD$26m offer last year. Business must be ok if you don't want that $$.

Also test drove a few of the soon-to-be-released-in-Australia Mustangs at a dealership in Vegas we arranged through some contacts. Thanks to Gaudin Ford and especially AJ for taking the time with us. (A shout out for the Stateside guys to mention we recommend them if you're in the area!)

We drove the GT and the EccoBoost. Obviously we preferred the V8, but the 4cyl turbo was quite impressive. We drove convertibles because there is no way an adult can fit his head even close to upright in the coupe!

We didn't get to Backdraft in Miami, Dave, but we did hire a couple of late model 'Stangs (convertibles) for a fang down to Key a West which was fantastic.

We saw a gold Lamborghini in Miami. Vinyl wrapped obviously. The guy was all of about 25yo, parked for free, drank free, up and down the beach strip all night. The car attracted the passers-by which was good for business apparently. Don't know that it is a good business model though - a lot of investment and embarrassment really just for free drinks :-)

Then off to Cuba and all those pre-1959 revolution mostly-American cars.

Finally Mexico, where the only car related thing we did was hire golf buggies on Isla Mujeres. We found a drive through bottle shop just for golf carts! A six pack of coldies for 80 pesos or about $1.30 a can! Driving on the RHS was even more interesting after that :-)
mate, gjkrv8 and leroy17 like this.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427 (#53) , LS3, TR6060
Not Ranked     

Awesome, Thanks Guy. I'm off to Vegas with the Fam in two weeks so will check out the museum (need to take a bigger suitcase).
Old 06-21-2015, 12:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

That 56 Taxi, I would like a ride in that.... no, actually I would like it.

Sounds like a good trip. We have been to Vegas about 8 times and visit Shelby every time..... it never gets old.

Auswallaby, have a stop in the yard house for a great selection of beer and food and another place called Hash House a Go Go for meals with a twist.

Also, we usually go down to the LV Speedway, there is usually something happening there, if its on a Petty Experience day you can pay for a ride along for a few laps to experience a NASCAR track.

Las Vegas - Town Square | Locations | Yard House Restaurant

Hash House a go go - Twisted Farm Food - Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Auswallaby likes this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: