Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2014, 11:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano59 View Post
cheers for that im not in a hurry heck I don't even have the car yet :-) I still have the pedal loom and plug from the ve could I splice that into the psi loom you think ?

cheers dean
Yes, that would be perfect. You can just cut the wires and solder the pigtail from the VE on. Easy job.

I would probably still buy the PSI harness again despite my disappointment with their service once i found the VSS plug missing. There are some bad reviews floating around the net about the wire used, but there are also a lot of good ones.

I was going to make my own, but then after pricing up the materials found it was actually cheaper to buy the PSI harness.

GMPP is the other option which comes with the controller and pedal also. My only concern here was the emissions, but i think there have been people who have passed the IM240 test with one. The other thing is they use a different model of ECU.

Good Luck.
Liam
Old 12-10-2014, 04:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedn View Post
Yes, that would be perfect. You can just cut the wires and solder the pigtail from the VE on. Easy job.

I would probably still buy the PSI harness again despite my disappointment with their service once i found the VSS plug missing. There are some bad reviews floating around the net about the wire used, but there are also a lot of good ones.

I was going to make my own, but then after pricing up the materials found it was actually cheaper to buy the PSI harness.

GMPP is the other option which comes with the controller and pedal also. My only concern here was the emissions, but i think there have been people who have passed the IM240 test with one. The other thing is they use a different model of ECU.

Good Luck.
Liam
I would steer clear of the VE computer if I was doing another cobra. I put the VE loom into my racecar and there was problems with the fly by wire throttle. Something just wasn't right. The tuner said it was missing an input from the BCM and so it wasn't working right. Might have been ok on a road car but on a 470 rear wheel hp racecar on anything but hot slicks was just scary..... I would floor it coming out of a corner and it would give me about 40% then a second or two later give me 100%..... I took it out and replaced it with an LS1 loom and a cable throttle. Just in the process of wiring that up now.
GMPP are pretty good I think, they use the same E38 (VE) computer but it doesn't have as many security systems in place so there is apparently no issues the likes of which I had. I think if you got an earlier VE computer it would be better. Sideshow on here will know the correct one to get.
John White has the GMPP set up on his dry sumped, LSA equipped Pace, it's up and running but he hasn't driven it yet. I think the other LSA equipped PACE also runs the GMPP system.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: