Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Wazza
  • 1 Post By spookypt
  • 1 Post By FatBoy

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2015, 09:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427CC 3UZ FE V8
Not Ranked     
Default waterless Radiator coolant

Hi All just putting it on here for discussion what do you guys think of the waterless Radiator coolant?
Old 02-17-2015, 09:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Sounds excellent ( Evans Waterless Coolant)...
Evans Waterless Engine Coolants

I was keen, after checking out all of the info...and I went to buy it last week.

With the Prep fluid/ flush X 4 bottles, plus the coolant X 4 Bottles required....it was going to cost me around $700-00 !!!!

Opted for "Water wetter" instead,
Red Line Synthetic Oil - WaterWetter® Coolant Additives

Cheers,
Warren
Hail427 likes this.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I can vouch for Wazza's water wetter.

Its not slippery like the green coolant and track people prefer it not just for its performance quality but also in respect to their fellow racers. Its just less of an accident causing risk if your cooling system chucks.

Best place to buy it of all places I've found is Harold at PerformanceLube on Ebay.
Hail427 likes this.

Last edited by spookypt; 02-17-2015 at 11:09 PM.. Reason: By is not buy
Old 02-17-2015, 11:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #523, 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

I've got the inlet manifold off my Cobra at the moment to replace a leaking gasket and I'm planning on refilling with Evans.
You don't need to use their flush fluid though. Just drain the water from the system and half fill with undiluted glycol based antifreeze and bring the engine up to temperature. Drain it off and then fill with Evans. This advice came from Evans themselves, so I have no doubt about its validity.
One of the benefits of using Evans, especially on an FE, is that it runs in an unpressurised system, so the notorious inlet manifold joint isn't subjected to high pressures, at least not from the cooling system.

Paul
Hail427 likes this.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

A friend was having problems cooling a 700hp (555 cubic inch) motor in his street driven Nova. He spoke with the owner of Waterless Coolant | car radiator coolant|radiator coolant flush who was more passionate about his product than you could imagine.

Outlaying a LOT of money with the hopes of fixing the issue, he tried it for two months. It barely reduced the operating temps, and after removing the cylinder heads he found a worrying scale like build-up in the water jackets. It was enough to convince him to remove the coolant.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

See here: Evans waterless coolant

And there are other threads on this board discussing the same thing
Old 02-18-2015, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

I have heard some good things about this coolant.

For those who have LS based Aluminium make sure you stick to red Holden coolant or you will have corrosion problems!

Ben
Old 02-19-2015, 08:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Dreams
Not Ranked     

Hats off to MODENA...
FYI: There are some threads already out there, One being "Evans Waterless Coolant". If you have new information, by all means post up. I'm interested in new information and new experiences. I've heard recently that Jay Leno uses Evans in his vehicles.

Last edited by Xack; 02-19-2015 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: I see I needed to read the posts on this here thread too!
Old 02-19-2015, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

I used Evans and was very satisfied. I spent the money, not in hopes of lowering the running temperatures, but because of the very high boiling point. I had tried everything I, and a whole lot of other people, could think of and finally came to the conclusion that the final .010" over bore, I'd done, must be the culprit and that if I didn't change out the block, I was destined to have 240*-250* running temps. I thoroughly drained my cooling system and then ran low pressure air (reversed shop vac) through everything for probably a total of 12 hours. I ran a 7# radiator cap, just to keep the bugs out, and never had a drop of overflow, even after throrughly thrashing the engine and running temperatures that pegged my 250* gauge, many times. Well worth the money to me, for what I needed. I did make sure to run a full synthetic oil and never worried about the temps again.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Exact427
Not Ranked     

Propylene glycol is used by the medical, cosmetics, solar and food industries.
(I'll have a burger, but PLEASE hold the Mayo & PG... )

Is Evans a scientific marvel or just PG in a "magic" bottle?

Propylene glycol can be purchased in 55 gallon drum (price per gallon vs. Evans?)

WARNING: "Obviously biased" by a competitor, rumored concerns w/actual data.
No-Rosion Products Technical Questions and Answers