Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree395Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2015, 10:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     

Some pics of Ron's winning Show n Shine entry...

Aussie Mike, boxhead, mate and 7 others like this.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That does look impressive, I didn't bother looking at that cos it was a Daytona. Credit to Ron, magnificent looking car, any pics of the interior?
Old 10-12-2015, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Cobra '68 302, T-5, Jag 3.77 LSD.
Not Ranked     

A Daytona is a Cobra wearing different clothes, they're all worth looking at
deano59 and Hoity like this.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison 302 Windsor
Not Ranked     

Guys,
we are having a committee meeting tomorrow night (Wednesday 14 October), any feedback regarding the Nationals, good, bad or ugly would be appreciated.
If you don't want to put on the forum, you could PM me.

Thanks,

Kim
Mad94d and Hoity like this.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Kim, it would be great to see the top ten or so cars for the show and shine, perhaps some info on how they are scored as well. Provides some recognition to those that have gone to a lot of trouble presenting their cars. Best interior, best paint job, engine bay etc

Cheers
Jon
Kimbo likes this.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Hey Kim - As they are no longer making the KU36 just wondering if we can add a few alternatives to class 7. I think a few folk struggled to find remaining stock this year. Perhaps the class could be modified to just be any tyre less than R Spec?
Gav, gjkrv8, DaveW and 3 others like this.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400TT View Post
Yes Mark's PACE 427 was in the show and I have asked my team to see if they can find out which place he came. Even if we cannot make it public knowledge, it will help our understanding of show and shine judging this year and assist us helping our customers to produce better performing show cars.

Mark's is a killer car and will be a force next year. I assume it just wasn't finished enough to score high enough to get a trophy this year. You really have to finish every area to a consistent standard.

I expect that even though it was unfinished, it still scored very well.

Mark decided to go with our fully polished 18" Halibrand Pin Drive Wheel upgrade and I reckon they look absolutely killer with his body colour choice. Plus he has our matching big brake upgrade, so that completes the look.
I believe the boot wasn't finished and that lost him points.
A very spectacular combination though.
Hoity likes this.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Cobra '68 302, T-5, Jag 3.77 LSD.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
any feedback regarding the Nationals, good, bad or ugly would be appreciated.
Kim
How 'bout some Meter Maids in skimpy outfits
boxhead and Rog246 like this.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Hi Kim, I was wondering whether we could do a class for 2 - driver cars to encourage some younger folk or partners etc. e.g. Father/son, Father/daughter, Husband/Wife/partner etc

Just you and Madison have to be handicapped :-)

When I got back and showed my sons the videos/photos, one of them put his hand up for next year?

Maybe a combined time system or points? Maybe remove Sprints as that is a bit daunting first out for some? or a handicap. Whatever.

Just a suggestion to try and get the "young" ones and partners interested.

Cheers

Gregg
DaveW and Kimbo like this.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

Ah like a team entry - maybe add up the two drivers and average the result? Good idea Gregg.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modena View Post
Ah like a team entry - maybe add up the two drivers and average the result? Good idea Gregg.
Exactly.

Or do a "regularity" type approach on nominated times.

But include the Drags/slalom/hill climb times too. Maybe you can elect to remove a run if you stuff it up etc?

Anyway, I know running these events is hard enough - but maybe a simple "team" style event.

cheers

Gregg
Old 10-13-2015, 03:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

The only 'regularity event' Andy knows about involves a high fibre diet.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Guys,
we are having a committee meeting tomorrow night (Wednesday 14 October), any feedback regarding the Nationals, good, bad or ugly would be appreciated.
If you don't want to put on the forum, you could PM me.

Thanks,

Kim
Every year I am impressed by the organisation and Events that you pack into the 3 days.
Also that you can often provide open track at some stage.

I think that giving the chance for participants to take people for a ride is also important for those that are coming for a look - or to help - and to provide some family engagement.

The paper work was a lot easier this year - not so much milling around - and the marshalling and staging before scrutineering makes things a lot smoother and seems to get better each year too.

I also like the 'all inclusive' pricing option so you can turn up knowing there's a place to eat with you friends after a day at the track.

I think the event is exceptional value.

Really enjoy the awards presentations and 'random' choices of who gets served first.

A couple of dramas in the pits can mean no time for meal during the day so I think it would be good if you could let the caterers know that many of their guests for the evening will take a bit of filling, and that having the catering staff scowl at unserved guests because prior buffet participants 'took too much' is - perhaps - not an elegant response.

Please thank the committee and volunteers for all the hard work. I have confidence that you'll continue to do a great job.

LoBelly
Gav, Towmaster, Kimbo and 1 others like this.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

All great feedback guys, keep it coming, I have til the end of today (Wednesday 14 Oct) to compile this for tonights meeting.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Kim I thought the event this year went even more smoothly than years past and we had more entrants I believe. Thumbs up.

I like how the sprint lap was allowed to be reversed from slowest to fastest. It'd be good if after each group went out the fastest current lap was written on an outlap board so as the next faster group had something to chase. Bit like qualifying. (Yes I know a bit much to ask!)

Another suggestion may be if on the entry list it said we can email both our payment receipt and entry form if this is suitable. Many did but it'd avoid people thinking they have to email one thing but post the other.

Lastly I'd love to see more people attend to grow the event but thats up to respective states to gee up its members I guess.

Its hard catering to all tastes but I reckon you put across a pretty even spread of options for all entrants.

Cant wait till next year!

Matt
Old 10-13-2015, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

I would suggest more emphasis on the dinners and perhaps add some nighttime entertainment for the group. For me I'm not fussed I am happy with it as it is, but I think if the social side were better advertised more people would attend from interstate as spectators and modifed entrants. Just a thought.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
All great feedback guys, keep it coming, I have til the end of today (Wednesday 14 Oct) to compile this for tonights meeting.
Only one thing from me...

Can we please have a red flag at the finish of the slalom so we know if we are disqualified because we knocked a cone over?
Each time I pulled up at the end no one said anything, they just walked over, took away the witches hat and I drove off...... I thought I had won the event at the presentation because all my times (that are shown on the board at the end of the run) were under the winning times.... How embarrassing....

Other than that a very well run event, and thank you to Peter for allowing me to short cut the car park because of my lousy turning circle, definitely made it easier.
Kimbo likes this.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The funny thing about this is that there is a red flag on this course at the finish box (you can see it from the pits), but it must be too far back for the driver to see.

Thanks for the feedback
Old 10-13-2015, 07:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289 USRRC #98 The Ken Miles Tribute Car
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modena View Post
I would suggest more emphasis on the dinners and perhaps add some nighttime entertainment for the group. For me I'm not fussed I am happy with it as it is, but I think if the social side were better advertised more people would attend from interstate as spectators and modifed entrants. Just a thought.
Wazza's not enough entertainment for you...
Gav, Wazza and Kimbo like this.

Last edited by BJ's Snake; 10-13-2015 at 07:22 PM..
Old 10-13-2015, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ's Snake View Post
Wazza's not enough entertainment for you...
Enough for me sure because I've been to a couple now so I know I will be back. I guess what I was trying to say is that if we want more people to attend, especially as competitors, then you need to get people to attend as a non-competitor first. There are LOTS of Cobra people who do not go because they are not interested in speed events. Consequently they don't attend at all. If you can get them to attend their first Nats as a spectator, I think you'll find the conversion rate to a second time as a spectator is massive, and conversion to a competitor will be good too.

I know in the Vic club we encourage as many people to go as we possibly can just because it's such an awesome fun weekend regardless of whether you track the car or not, but I suppose some more non-track events would maybe get more people along? Just a thought, like I said for me its' good as it is.
guye and Kimbo like this.