Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2016, 03:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

went down as i had a few hrs to kill . i finished bolting the floor in have most of the side cladding done just need to trim the bottom of them. roofs on. mounted the winch and made frames for the 260 amp battery and the genset too sit in need to bolt the solar panel onto the roof , just waiting for the alloy flashing to arrive so i can cap the cnrs and go over the joins in the sheets . need to finish off the nose cone area and its ready to get a permit and tow it how where i can finish it off wont be long now and its ready for a road trip ...ive designed up the sign writting and graphics for the side going to use reflective stuff like on street signs just need to buy it and find the time to make them here are some pics taken today cheers dean
Attached Images

Aussie Mike likes this.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

went down and killed a few hours yesterday and today and got a bit more done . just need to finish the ramo and put the flashing around the edges / box in the mudguards and wire it up and its ready for rego i got the vin number today small step closer
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2016, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

not cobra related but what the heck pictures speak for themselves
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2016, 07:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Its Cobra related.
More of them are made out of the same stuff as your pool than not.
deano59 likes this.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Are there more pool photos? I am considering a fibreglass pool at my place. What made you choose fibreglass over concrete? Cost and speed?
Old 03-10-2016, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

i have a heap of photos what are you after ? the pool was only dropped in the hole this morning . i went fibreglass mainly because ive seen to many concrete pools crack and when they get around the 10 yr mk need re plastering and tiling .
the soil in Adelaide moves a lot and thats the main reason for concrete pools cracking my mother in laws pools was concrete and over its 20 year life and to be repaired 3 or 4 times costing a fortune each time .
so far there was i day getting the hole dug and another day dropping the pool in doing the plumbing and backfilling it i guess there will be another day or two doing the concrete around it and another day installing the glass panel fencing down one side and normal tube fencing down the other side . cheers dean
Old 03-11-2016, 04:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Evans chassis, jag fr. & rear.
Not Ranked     

Like unwanted kittens and puppies, commodorz can now be disposed of and, chev boat anchors safely tested in the comfort of your own backyard. Heh heh.

Dave
deano59 likes this.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedn View Post
Are there more pool photos? I am considering a fibreglass pool at my place. What made you choose fibreglass over concrete? Cost and speed?
Last pool was concrete - current one is Fibreglass. Concrete - custom shapes. F'Glass - Fixed shapes, quicker, cheaper, water stays warmer, tree roots go around, not into (so Ive been told), nicer finish unless you go the more expensive concrete finishes. Provided you find a shape you like that fits I'd go fibreglass.
deano59 and Gav like this.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
Last pool was concrete - current one is Fibreglass. Concrete - custom shapes. F'Glass - Fixed shapes, quicker, cheaper, water stays warmer, tree roots go around, not into (so Ive been told), nicer finish unless you go the more expensive concrete finishes. Provided you find a shape you like that fits I'd go fibreglass.
Who did you use? I was going to get a quote from Narrelan pools. Also considering just buying a kit and doing it myself.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

Also easier to remove.
JD
Old 03-12-2016, 01:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Dont want to keep hijacking this thread but Deano started it

Bought a kit from Bermuda Pools pools but had a local guy install. Reckon it could be done yourself - but go and watch one being put in first. It would be hard to get right the first time. Did the concrete beam and coping myself which is pretty easy to do - make sure you use a vibrator to get the concrete in under the lip.

Jaydee, in Sydney at least a pool tends to add real value to a house and are much easier to maintain with auto chlorinators and fresh water systems then in the past. I think there was a time when a lot of pools were being filled in but that doesnt happen much anymore.

Anyway - back to Deanos terrific looking trailer..
Old 03-12-2016, 03:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
Dont want to keep hijacking this thread but Deano started it

Bought a kit from Bermuda Pools pools but had a local guy install. Reckon it could be done yourself - but go and watch one being put in first. It would be hard to get right the first time. Did the concrete beam and coping myself which is pretty easy to do - make sure you use a vibrator to get the concrete in under the lip.

Jaydee, in Sydney at least a pool tends to add real value to a house and are much easier to maintain with auto chlorinators and fresh water systems then in the past. I think there was a time when a lot of pools were being filled in but that doesnt happen much anymore.

Anyway - back to Deanos terrific looking trailer..
we are using a fresh water sytem called a enviro swim no chlorine or salt used the water passes over a copper and a silver electrode the silver sanitises the water and the copper stops algy .only need to run the pump for 3 to 4 hrs a day in summer less in winter they tell me only thing you need to check and keep right is the ph levels . i tend to itch a real lot after been in a salt pool or a chlorine pool hence going with the enviroswim unit .

went down to the workshop today and started cladding the rear door/ramp should have that finished tomorrow all going well.

cheers deano
Old 06-19-2016, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hi all
been busy with house renos and stuff but have almost finished the trailer just need to get it inspected for rego now hopefully in the next few weeks . has taken longer to build than i planned due to other things getting in the way but im happy with how it's turned out . got a permit and took it for a test run i put a ba falcon wagon in the back and hooked it up to the ranger as i wanted to set up the electric brakes and make sure the charging system from the car and solar panel all did as it should.
it towed like a drean the ranger pulled quite strong and easily got up to 110 without struggling and went up a few steep hills with relative ease .
all up it has cost around $ 13000 including the solar panel /dc -dc charger and a huge 280 amp battery and invertor that runs a microwave and kettle and small fan heater at the same time i really wanted to load it up and see how that side of it worked so there is about 1200 bucks for the solar set up included in the build .
i used led strip lights inside and there very bright at night time reflecting off the white ceiling and sides ..all in all i prob could have bought a second hand one for the same money but i enjoy building stuff lol.
cheers dean
Attached Images

guye, Tenrocca, gjkrv8 and 4 others like this.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That's a good result I reckon. I just sold my tag pull and did the math on buying another Goose style trailer to what I needed. In the end I bought a 4 year old 2nd hand one off a guy that had spent 3way more than I would have done even with all the fruit.

I just need to add a toilet and hot water shower and Im done! My next little project.

There are still some good buys out there!
Old 06-19-2016, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

Well done Deano.....looks very Professional. I have to enclose my trailer for a possible up coming trip to VIC......Will be refering to this thread a lot.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Come to the Nats Dave??? Just a smidge further North!
albanycobra and gjkrv8 like this.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypt View Post
That's a good result I reckon. I just sold my tag pull and did the math on buying another Goose style trailer to what I needed. In the end I bought a 4 year old 2nd hand one off a guy that had spent 3way more than I would have done even with all the fruit.

I just need to add a toilet and hot water shower and Im done! My next little project.

There are still some good buys out there!
for the hot water check out a unit called a joomba there priced pretty cheap and run of a gas bottle i will prob buy oneself soon . yeah a goose neck trailer would be good but i didnt want too lose the tray space on the ranger . a friend of mine had one for his sprintcar and used a isuzu twin cab to tow it with was a great set up but now they have a full semi trailer set up ..
Old 06-19-2016, 08:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Will do thanks Deano.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     

Deano well done - that's looks the trick!

Although it's so shiny, you'll have to cleanup the yard a bit! I can see everything in the reflections
Old 06-20-2016, 02:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by guye View Post
Deano well done - that's looks the trick!

Although it's so shiny, you'll have to cleanup the yard a bit! I can see everything in the reflections
yeah i know i have a skip bin coming this week a lot of the rubbish was left over from the pool installation the builder was slack as in the end i was just happy to see the end of him ..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: