Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree129Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2015, 04:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     
Angry Behaviour

Good morning all.

Over the last few weeks a number of both constructive and genuine Threads have been started on the Club Cobra Forum. Many have been hi jacked and some shut down - closed by Moderators - due to personal attacks.

As a pseudo Moderator, I have spoken to the main USA forum Moderators regarding these Threads and in particular the way some Forum members have behaved or are behaving when Posting.

Put simply, if you don't have something positive to offer don't get on this Forum.
If you insist on being, negative, critical or litigious you will be off the Forum.

Everyone needs to be cognisant that this is a public forum. Your comments, Posts or more recently personal attacks are out in the greater public arena.

Attacks on individuals, businesses or general non constructive and silly comments are not appropriate...

I would strongly suggest that you all read the Forum Rules if you are in doubt about starting a Thread or Posting.

The ongoing success of the Australian Forum will be the bringing back 'to the fold' the many Australian members - including me - whom have stayed off the Forum. ..

I think this exodus has been mainly due to a few users whom have agendas, axes to grind, one off Posts about everything and anything in a non constructive way.

The greater Australian Forum community are not interested in your agendas. If you feel you have a legitimate claim against a business then mediate or litigate but don't use this Forum.

Similiarly if you don't like another member have the balls to say that to their face or shut up. But again stay off the Forum if you feel you need to publicly attack a business or member.

Whilst the Threads or Posts may be a good read, we sit back and watch and have a laugh it's un Australian to do this at the benefit of others and I know we are better than this.

.. Again, if you think you are Posting outside the Forum guidelines read the rules before you Post. Importantly ask yourself if you would be prepared to say this to someone's face. Or would you like your comments screen shot and handed up in a court if it got to that level.

I want to see the Forum return to where it was a few years back where we all talked about the fun we were having in our cars, sharing of our Cobra builds, questions asked and answered.

As the tennis great Laver said, " the ball is in your court"....

Be warned.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 04-29-2015 at 04:12 PM..
Old 04-29-2015, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

Well said Burnie, but I think the one thing that makes the Aussie forum a fun place to be is the banter and carry on that give us all a laugh.
I for one have made comments on here that I have thought later where not really appropriate and do genuinely regret if I have upset anyone in he past.
Let's drop the toxic nature of late and get back to the build threads and **** stirring we all love.
Gav
Old 04-29-2015, 05:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Good post Bernie.
But I think you may have the reason why people cant be bothered anymore.

I can only speak for myself, but I have gotten sick and tired of every post/question ending up as a love fest for a new supplier.

A question is raised and it becomes XXXX does it this way, which is so much better than how that old design was.

Oh and I will add, Like Gav, I reckon part of the enjoyment of this forum is the light hearted banter that used to occur.

I remember the days when things like this pic bought on much banter and laughter, but now I reckon it will only create a bun fight.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.

Last edited by boxhead; 04-29-2015 at 05:48 PM..
Old 04-29-2015, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I agree Bernie.

I like the banter like Gav does too. I'm also firmly of the belief that I wouldn't post anything on the forum that I wouldn't say to them in person.

Unfortunately the nature of the written word is such that the emotion intended by the writer does not always come across to the reader. Unless you are a real wordsmith lt's often reliant on how well you know the writer to guess at their intention. Often the mood of the reader can influence how the message is interpreted. You may have been laughing to yourself when writing a message but if the reader on the other end has had a crappy day at work and the cat's just vomited in his slippers he might not see the funny side of what you've said.

I think that's one of the skills a good novelist has: Being able to portray the emotion behind the words to the reader.

So if you write something perhaps hold off on pressing the post button till you've read it back to yourself and think about the other ways it could be interpreted.

A lot of us have been on here a long time and have met at events and become friends. We get to be familiar with each others ways and sense of humor. A new member reading for the first time may not pick this up immediately. So me stiring Gav up about his Bunnings paint job or Andrew about his gay helmet with a star on it may be taken as insulting. I think we also need to remember when posting to new members that they aren't familiar with us so ease up until they get to know us. I wonder how many newbies we scare off sometimes.

Cheers
Towmaster likes this.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Who is Andrew?
Old 04-29-2015, 06:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

I didnt know you thought my helmet was Gay Mike......

So I guess now if I post something like this Ill get Banned....Ah the good old days....

Old 04-29-2015, 06:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     
Default Missing the point

I do miss being an active part of this forum, so while the behavior card is now pulled out I would like to offer my own personal thoughts as to why this forum is in the state it is.

This toxic nature has grown for a reason and you need to look at both sides of the coin. I feel it has lost its own identity as a forum for all cobra makes and models. Now it just seams to be so focused on Absolute Pace and the need to squash any negatively or to blindly promote this brand. Their seams to be a lot of pseudo advocates of the Pace brand with obvious affiliations or deals that make the comments obviously contrived.

It almost feels as rebellious or good sport to have a go.

I do think Absolute Pace and Craig are doing the best they can and would go as far to say that they may have saved the Cobra kit car community with there innovative and up to date products.

Maybe a little of horse before the cart but it is what it is.

I just wish that the "Absolute Pace Business" was not on the forums and taken back internally and sorted.

We use to be ab;e to have a light hearted dig at things in the past and have a good laugh now words like "litigious" are being used.........?????WTF

Simply take the business out of the forum that what I see is the problem.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Can we see the helmet?
Old 04-29-2015, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardferguson View Post
Can we see the helmet?
deano59, mate, Tenrocca and 5 others like this.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philm View Post
I do miss being an active part of this forum, so while the behavior card is now pulled out I would like to offer my own personal thoughts as to why this forum is in the state it is.

This toxic nature has grown for a reason and you need to look at both sides of the coin. I feel it has lost its own identity as a forum for all cobra makes and models. Now it just seams to be so focused on Absolute Pace and the need to squash any negatively or to blindly promote this brand. Their seams to be a lot of pseudo advocates of the Pace brand with obvious affiliations or deals that make the comments obviously contrived.

It almost feels as rebellious or good sport to have a go.

I do think Absolute Pace and Craig are doing the best they can and would go as far to say that they may have saved the Cobra kit car community with there innovative and up to date products.

Maybe a little of horse before the cart but it is what it is.

I just wish that the "Absolute Pace Business" was not on the forums and taken back internally and sorted.

We use to be ab;e to have a light hearted dig at things in the past and have a good laugh now words like "litigious" are being used.........?????WTF

Simply take the business out of the forum that what I see is the problem.
you may have a good point there phil and you are correct there are a lot of post that are absolute pace related but since they have come into play how many people have come and started a build lately with another brand of kit ie g force ff5 harrison ect ect ect not many at all so i guess a lot of the talk will be about the pace weather you love or hate the concept of the car.

i for one have been guilty for firing back if i feel someone is having a shot at me or my car and thats something im trying to not let get too me hell after all it's just a bloody car for gods sake .
i love the light hearted banter and the aussie humor that so many other countries just dont understand how we can rip into each other while drinking a beer lol
so upwards and on woulds as they say
cheers dean
mudbrick, Cobra01 and Zacson like this.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Mmm, I see what you mean.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

If it means anything, I have shaved off the 'flavour saver'.
Aussie Mike, boxhead, BMK and 1 others like this.