Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2015, 04:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Looks great,
I assume it is still an ADR requirement, but the brake fluid reservoirs require a low fluid warning system to light up a light in dash.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Our system works on any loss in pressure.( ADR Requirement)
Sensors indicate reduction to full pressure, allowing for customers to have a choice of decorative resevoirs.
That's my understanding.
Cheers,
Warren.
boxhead likes this.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Love the bracket Darryl! Great work.

The minimum capacity for the reservoirs and supply line to the master cylinder has to be 90ml each.
d488y2 likes this.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Yeah, I believe it can be done in 2 ways.
Fluid level, or pressure loss.
I am just not sure if the pressure loss method is the best option on a dual cylinder setup.
If 1 cylinder loses pressure it would allow full travel without applying any pressure to second cylinder.
But on a dual circuit single cylinder, once the piston sees no fluid in one piston, the piston pushes just the fluid side to retain brakes. (triggering the light)

The low fluid warning would give a warning prior to losing a pedal.
Rob. Smith likes this.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.

Last edited by boxhead; 10-20-2015 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: Added last line.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Replica, 5.0 Supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

Fuel Lines and Brake Lines

Next thing to do is to Install the fuel tank, fuel pump and filters.
deano59, boxhead, Gav and 6 others like this.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yet again I'm amazed at how pretty these cars look during the build phase. Forget the untold hours of design and engineering and development work that's gone into them -- they're just beautiful, almost too good to cover up.
I wonder if AP will ever offer a transparent body?
You'd have to think that with the development of materials and 3D printers it would be possible to produce a sturdy clear body with some sort of invisible solar protection for the driver and passenger built in. And what a way for Craig and Waz to point out the salient features of the car to prospective buyers!
Old 11-15-2015, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

i agree with don, finish on these bad boys is simply amazing. love the detail.

great photos.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

to me this is what a true kit car should be like . in regards it should come with as many components as possible . sure ive heard them called flat pack cars and lego cars amongst others .
lets face it how many kits in the past remained unfinished and pushed to the back of sheds and given up till sold for a bargain price to someone else with dreams to finish it .in my view the more that comes with the car and the easier it is to build the greater chance of it getting on the road by the original buyer .

ive been down the path of buying a kit that came with a basic chassis and body where you have had to put the doors / bonnet / boot together and then get all the gaps right a daunting task if you dont have body work skills . or they have the skills to do the body but dont have a mechanical mindset and end up buying a old jag front and rear and just clean it paint it and wack it in hoping for the best .
or people dont have the time to scrounge thru wreckers getting covered in grease and crap hoping to find what they need and a good price .
ive been there and done that and this time round had no interest at all in building another kitcar again hence my first plan was to look for a car with rego hop in and drive .
it was only after flying interstate a couple of times looking at cars that did not seem to meet the description in the add i was about ready to forget the idea of getting another cobra till i saw a add vert for the pace . it seemed to tick most of the boxes in what i wanted and after seeing them in the flesh at the factory decided i could def build one of these without the head aches i had in the past with my first kit .

ive prob gone off course with this post as it was just meant to agree with donunder about the beauty of these cars lol a clear body hell yeah put me down for that .

cheers dean
Jaydee, Zacson and Hoity like this.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427 LSA
Not Ranked     

Looking Good.

All the photos coupled with the build manual help me to know how to go with my build.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     

Looks excellent Darryl.

Have you out the aluminised cloth on top of the stainless steel heat shield in front of the drivers footbox? Or is that an optical illusion?
Old 11-16-2015, 01:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by guye View Post
Looks excellent Darryl.

Have you out the aluminised cloth on top of the stainless steel heat shield in front of the drivers footbox? Or is that an optical illusion?
Thanks Guy, I've removed that heat shield to put the pedal box in and will replace it once I mount my drive by wire module, just waiting on a special part from the US.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

All good then. As you were. Carry on.

d488y2 likes this.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

When I was working on gyro's the discussion was about anodizing, in the fact that the process did weaken the base material aluminium as the heat applied and that a very thin layer was weakened in the process. I don't think a chassis would be under such stress as to be a worry. But I thought I would bring it up.
With regards to the twin master cylinder setup, It looks like if one side should fail for some reason , then the balance bar would kink over at such an angle that it would still push on the good master cylinder. That's why the 20 thou clearance and washers adjustment is important so it can only go a certain angle.
I assume that the switch near the master is the brake light switch? And the other on the chassis the fail?
I'm trying to work out how that is routed?
So could you now call a pace a true kit, seeing that just about all the components come in a big box?
JD
Old 11-16-2015, 12:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The 2 pressure switches trigger a brake fail warning lamp if either front or back brake circuits lose pressure. The system works on monitoring the differential between front and rear brake pressures. The same two pressures are also used to trigger the brake lights. That's my understanding on how the brake monitoring systems works.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Was the bracket for brake/clutch lines included/manufactured or bought? Need to get me ones of these
Old 11-16-2015, 01:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbrick View Post
Was the bracket for brake/clutch lines included/manufactured or bought? Need to get me ones of these
all the brackets come with the kit . wazza might be the bloke to help you out .
Old 11-16-2015, 03:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbrick View Post
I'm made it from a piece of aluminium angle, 30mm X 30mm X 3mm
The rubber grommets I found at supercheap auto.
mudbrick likes this.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano59 View Post
to me this is what a true kit car should be like . in regards it should come with as many components as possible . sure ive heard them called flat pack cars and lego cars amongst others .
lets face it how many kits in the past remained unfinished and pushed to the back of sheds and given up till sold for a bargain price to someone else with dreams to finish it .in my view the more that comes with the car and the easier it is to build the greater chance of it getting on the road by the original buyer .

ive been down the path of buying a kit that came with a basic chassis and body where you have had to put the doors / bonnet / boot together and then get all the gaps right a daunting task if you dont have body work skills . or they have the skills to do the body but dont have a mechanical mindset and end up buying a old jag front and rear and just clean it paint it and wack it in hoping for the best .
or people dont have the time to scrounge thru wreckers getting covered in grease and crap hoping to find what they need and a good price .
ive been there and done that and this time round had no interest at all in building another kitcar again hence my first plan was to look for a car with rego hop in and drive .
it was only after flying interstate a couple of times looking at cars that did not seem to meet the description in the add i was about ready to forget the idea of getting another cobra till i saw a add vert for the pace . it seemed to tick most of the boxes in what i wanted and after seeing them in the flesh at the factory decided i could def build one of these without the head aches i had in the past with my first kit .

ive prob gone off course with this post as it was just meant to agree with donunder about the beauty of these cars lol a clear body hell yeah put me down for that .

cheers dean
Totally agree! I've built multiple cars over the years including another brand of Cobra. It wasn't until I built my last car, 67 GT390 Mustang that I realised how great it is to be able to make a phone call knowing you can buy, NEW, any part you want for the car, ANY!!!!

The Pace Cobra is the same and the reason why I built another Cobra!! Used parts and 'wrecker grabbing' is old school and a thing of the past!!!!

And yes, I am off topic too but I love my Pace!!
Old 11-22-2015, 04:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by d488y2 View Post
I'm made it from a piece of aluminium angle, 30mm X 30mm X 3mm
The rubber grommets I found at supercheap auto.
We've dubbed it the "Darryl Bracket". At least 3 Pace builders have now copied this revloutionary yet simple design feature!
Tonus72, mudbrick and d488y2 like this.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Build update, Fuel Tank and Lines.
When I first looked at my fuel system I had no idea what was required??? But After a couple of emails and a quick chat on the phone with John from Herrod Motorsport I was soon educated in all things FPV supercharged engines. The FPV engine requires a fuel feed and return line to the Tank. John Also help me sort out the rerouting of the belt for the supercharger pulley, minus power steering and A/C. The guys a Herrod’s can’t wait to get this little car on their Dyno!

Drilling out the Fuel tank for Fuel Level sender.

Fitting the Fuel Tank

Pre Filter

Return Line

The Fuel Lines, fuel pump and filter.

After all that, its time for a cold one : )

With the fuel system now installed I’m not that far away from installing the Engine. Just need to chase up a few bolts for the Gearbox.

guye, boxhead, mate and 7 others like this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: