Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2016, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Evans chassis, jag fr. & rear.
Not Ranked     

Treeve

Which government/s are you referring to?
A state government, a territory government or the federal government.
I have been involved in petitioning the Northern Territory government. Just google "nt gov petition" and you'll get all the steps required. It would probably work if you googled your state or territory.
Have you heard about the Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party?
Perhaps you have heard of Senator Ricky Muir!
Senator Muir represents the AMEP in Canberra.
Before you try and re-invent the wheel, may I suggest you talk to the AMEP.

Cheers

Dave
Old 02-10-2016, 07:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Dax
Not Ranked     

G'day Dave,

Senator Muir is Victorian, so has voters there. What I can do won't change his mind.

I'm well aware of the party he represents, but a peak body needs to cover all states and territories. Therefore a Vic party isn't much use.

I'm not after election, but also if we petition Mr. Muir we need some weight behind us. Same for all of our local politicians.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok, well recent behaviours from the RMS mean in t be bothered certifying vehicles any more. I'm finishing up with my current customers and calling it a day.

It's been fun.

Treeve
Old 02-11-2016, 02:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

Sounds like you need a break from it all Treeve. Why not give the forums a break (I see on Ozclubbies you are battling with Julian Edgar) and concentrate on getting your Dax licensed and some other projects finished.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeve View Post
Ok, well recent behaviours from the RMS mean in t be bothered certifying vehicles any more. I'm finishing up with my current customers and calling it a day.

It's been fun.

Treeve
Treeve,

Settle down. Re-think.

My dream for 40 years was to own a Cobra. I knew the Cobra that I wanted and it built my 45 year old dream over 4 years, laying out over 150K. I now have that dream.

The NSW RTA , now RMS or it was yesterday, tried to put my dream on the shelf. I fought with them for over 2 years, but finally received full NSW rego and many of the ICV Inspectors have now been re-located to other positions, away from ICV's including the then boss of the section.

A change of Government in this State did help. You have to keep at it. Unfortunately, I didn't use you for compliance. My Engineer disappeared. We don't want you to do the same. Re-think your decision.

Wazza,

How's the new Valve/s going.

My time as finally come around. I see the Surgeon tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed. I have to have an Aortic and a Mitral valve replaced. Both leaking about 40%, pulse 46 and BP 100/60. I'm pretty tired and sleep a lot.
I hope this isn't my last thread.

Baz
Old 02-14-2016, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Wazza,
How's the new Valve/s going.

My time as finally come around. I see the Surgeon tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed. I have to have an Aortic and a Mitral valve replaced. Both leaking about 40%, pulse 46 and BP 100/60. I'm pretty tired and sleep a lot.
I hope this isn't my last thread.

Baz

All the best Baz...
My "Pig bits" are doing fine...
Back there in August to check it all out again...but as my wife likes to tell everyone....
my Pigs valve would NEVER reject one of their own kind !!

She's such a sweety !
Cheers mate.
boxhead likes this.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Best of luck with it all Baz!
If they can get a pig's valve to work in Wazza I am sure your's will be a breze!

Treeve,
What you are trying to do is awesome, please stick with it, if I can help at all then let me know.
I'm no legal eagle but have recently (divorced) paid some legal eagles a motza so maybe I'm qualified ha ha.

Ash.
boxhead likes this.

Last edited by Towmaster; 02-15-2016 at 03:52 PM..
Old 02-15-2016, 11:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmaster View Post
Best of luck with it all Baz!
If they can get a pig's valve to work in Wazza I am sure your's will be a breze!

Treeve,
What you are trying to do is awesome, please stick with it, if I can help at all then let me know.
I'm no legal eagle but have recently (divorced) paid some legal eagles a motza so maybe I'm qualified ha ha.

Ash.
Thanks Wazza and Ash. Spent the day at the hospital today doing all the preparatory tests. They are admitting me next Monday and surgery next Tuesday. No pig's valves for this baby. I'm going for two of the high performance mechanical ones. They are a bit noisier than the tissue valves, but actually last a lifetime, however long that is. In a quiet room, you can actually hear them opening and closing in unison. Should provide heaps of entertainment. See you guys on the other side.

Baz
boxhead and Towmaster like this.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default peak body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeve View Post
G'day Dave,

Senator Muir is Victorian, so has voters there. What I can do won't change his mind.

I'm well aware of the party he represents, but a peak body needs to cover all states and territories. Therefore a Vic party isn't much use.

I'm not after election, but also if we petition Mr. Muir we need some weight behind us. Same for all of our local politicians.
Hi Treeve.
It seems to me we could have an ally in the Roads Minister Duncan Gay as he is a car guy and not against ICV's and Street Rods.
It would be a great shame if you left this scene, Treeve, as you have been a great help and inspiration to a lot of us and an untold wealth of help and information.
All the best to you which ever way you decide to go.
Regards
Dimi
renovationinnov likes this.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: v10 ford
Not Ranked     

Hi all, I have previously indicated my interest in this subject, but have been sitting back and waiting to see how this develops. My reasons for this is that I am uncertain how we hope to address the state/federal governments' at the same time.
I hope I don't get labelled as Manspeaking (how's that for current speak) in pointing out that ICVs are registered under state rules and LVC (Low Volume Compliance ) is a federal matter.

Street rods are not covered by any federal rules but have an agreed arrangement between the states.

When I kicked off this subject a decade ago I wanted the State clubs to be the vehicle to make this happen. The reason being that state clubs represent members and are a recognised body for campaigning members interests.
Senator Muir is Fed Govt and cant help on state issues.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK, so We've banded together as certifiers. I'm going to keep going for a bit longer, and try and nut out what we can do to make things better.
Aussie Mike, boxhead, mate and 3 others like this.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: venom motorsports /ls1 auto
Not Ranked     

treeve
great to hear that you haven't given up on this
I was speaking to a HOT ROD certifier at a show on the weekend
he said ' that all clubs where invited to a seminar to bring all car clubs into line acroos the states but only the rodders where the only ones to turn up so they got there own set of rules to certify there cars only

how much BULL is in this or is it all
as your the only advocate that post s is this guy an another tail puller [ polite way ] that have no idea what their talking about
Old 03-15-2016, 01:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think hi way of presenting what happened is a bit off - the hotrodders already have a major accepted body as their 'club leader', but for ICVs we're all little fish with no single point of reference like the rodders.

Since I'm the secretary of a club and the president of another I can also say that I haven't received any invitations. I'm also a member of several others and nothign was mentioned by those clubs to me (all of whom are well aware of my position and how I can help each club).

Treeve
boxhead likes this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: