Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2018, 11:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Dax
Not Ranked     

My response is basically as Glen mentioned. People build the cars for registration, then over time may chose to make changes or sell the vehicle and second, third, fourth, nth owner may make changes meaning the compliance paperwork is no longer relevant.

Caveat emptor, and check the car actually matches the paperwork. Otherwise, take ownership of the vehicle and the possible associated issues, and fix them if required.

Treeve
Old 05-09-2018, 01:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ok cool so at what stage does qld transport ask to see engineering of original icv compliance during the process. I know it’s a valid point per say but they simply don’t ask for it?
My first cobra had a stock Lexus and I modded the frig out of it. 8tb lumpy cams and live pipes and all the rest and it was a simple RWC and transfer to another qld and then onsold to a Victorian without issue.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Snake Pit DRB 302W
Not Ranked     

so from reading these comments it seems there's no consistency within a government department, what a surprise. So the big question is how much is engineering cert and what's the biggest risk $$ that can happen?
Old 05-09-2018, 03:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

In simple terms you buy a car that’s unregisterable. In my experience I’ve not had any major issues in qld with buying and selling cars but it’s a challenge at best and when you hit the the beaurocratic roadblock it’s seemingly no mans land.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Dax
Not Ranked     

That’s the risk right there - when you hit the bureaucratic road block you can be up for $10k, if not more, depending on what is needing to be done.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hmmm, as you can see by the price range I'm looking at I can't afford to roll the dice and gamble 10k plus to possibly get it on the road. It's a shame because it's not a bad looking cobra, and if it was easy to register it was exactly what I'm after-a little tired and needing a cosmetic freshen up but at the right dollars. They do come up now and then so I guess patience is the key. If there's any "roughies" out there, that are registered but need a bit of love and you're thinking of selling don't be shy and flick me a message. All of your advice and experience has been greatly appreciated on this thread and I truly am thankful for it. Please if there's any more thoughts don't hold back.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If its the car I'm thinking it is then I can pretty much assure you that you'll have issues...

Its a small world. If I were you I'd make an offer on the red DRB with hard top in QLD. Its a lovely car for the price and Im sure there's some wiggle room for a cash no BS sale.
750hp likes this.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi all, I enquired with Qld dept transport about registering an ICV from interstate and this is the reply.

"For an interstate Individually Constructed Vehicles (ICV) to be registered in Queensland, it would require proof of approval and registration in the state where it was registered.

The following information is required to be submitted to Vehicle Standards, to gain reciprocal recognition of an interstate registered ICV in Queensland.

· Engineering report

· Photographs of vehicle

· Proof of previous registration

· Completed F1854 form - https://www.support.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/formsdat.nsf/forms/QF1854/$file/F1854_CFD.pdf

This information can be emailed to vehiclestandards@tmr.qld.gov.au.

Please note, if any unapproved modifications have been undertaken after the vehicle’s initial approval, it may require recertification to gain registration."

Hope this helps anyone else out there looking at buying outside of QLD.
I'm still hunting, so please let me know if you or anyone one you know is selling. And I stress, lower end of the market☺
Phil
Rob. Smith likes this.