Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2019, 11:36 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

This is a perfect example of the mis-information that I'm talking about. https://www.hotrod.com/articles/engine-oil-temperature/
Gaz64 likes this.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 manowar forged crank roller rockers . BIG CAM.
Not Ranked     
Default Just saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Wouldn't you obtain more peace of mind by knowing whether you had a significant pattern of wear, or by getting early notice of that small bit of antifreeze that is tipping you off to a gasket leak? Or just knowing how well your oil is holding up? Why would you just blindly change your oil and flush that valuable information away?
First let me say in spec does not mean fully protected oil. Another is contaminants will be removed. You also should check your radiator fluid for leaks and contaminants at least every oil change.fresh oil will help ring seal and car will seem to run better. yes partly your imagination but some truth too. Not saying your way is wrong just saying my way is better.{peace of mind}
Old 02-12-2019, 01:03 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauss View Post
Not saying your way is wrong just saying my way is better.{peace of mind}
Alright. If that provides you with peace of mind, then I won't argue it.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

The article says that for every pound of fuel, the engine produces a pound of water. But that water is not going into the sump but out the exhaust. I have run some of my cars on LPG and the oil stays or looks a lot cleaner. Also since fuel injection engine shut of the fuel the instant you switch of the engine, there isn't any fuel draining into the sump. Where as a carby, as the engine runs down as you switch of the ignition, it will continue to suck in more fuel and it doesn't get burned. JD
Old 02-12-2019, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I agree LPG super clean but lacks the power of gasoline
Old 02-13-2019, 01:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I don't know if I'm loosing power as I set up the dizzy for LPG and the octane is much higher then fuel. Also great if it's stored for a while, the LPG doesn't go of. I realize not many people like LPG. JD
Old 02-13-2019, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289 USRRC #98 The Ken Miles Tribute Car
Not Ranked     

I reckon it's great, been running the Street Cobra on it for over 10 years.
The issue now is finding Petrol Stations that still have LPG.
A recent run down the south coast proved to be a problem as a lot of them had stopped selling it as it isn't popular anymore as cars are becoming more fuel efficient.

Cheers
Jaydee likes this.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ's Snake View Post
I reckon it's great, been running the Street Cobra on it for over 10 years.
The issue now is finding Petrol Stations that still have LPG.
A recent run down the south coast proved to be a problem as a lot of them had stopped selling it as it isn't popular anymore as cars are becoming more fuel efficient.

Cheers
10 YRS! wait until that rubber o ring fails . Then you go to start your car and boom! instant engine fire. Ask me how I know.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 289 FIA Superformance 425hp 289
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
I don't know if I'm loosing power as I set up the dizzy for LPG and the octane is much higher then fuel. Also great if it's stored for a while, the LPG doesn't go of. I realize not many people like LPG. JD
Octane is a measure of resistance to knock, not a measure of power. Both have about 114,000 BTU per gallon. Propane has 91,600, kerosine has about 134,000

Your mileage may vary.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

lpg injection cars notice very little power drop and even the economy is a lot better than it used to be . just sold a factory injected lpg vz holden and it went like a rocket on gas .. price of lpg tho is not making the cost of a conversion a viable option nowdays i think as a fuel for cars its pretty much run it;s course. ive had a lot of lpg cars over the last 30 yrs and would have saved a fortune on running cost .
i still have a ba wagon on gas as a work hack old style system but never gives any trouble and it was fitted when the car was new and now done 245,000 ks..
still at least the lpg is still good for ya bbq lol
Gaz64, renovationinnov and Jaydee like this.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I agree. I wouldn't bother fitting LPG now. The main reason was that I wanted the old style carby look and not the ugly ford manifold wave. And I though LPG would pass through the emission test easier. Then the dyno emission guy tells me, that with a carburetor and a euro emission cat it would have passed as anyway. So if I knew that I would have put a carby on it.
JD

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: