Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2019, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwcobra15 View Post
...and man of wealth and taste?
I see I'm not the only one who can't read the thread title without going into the cadence of the Stones song...

Welcome!
bwcobra15 likes this.

Last edited by kevins2; 10-30-2019 at 02:05 PM..
Old 10-30-2019, 11:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival
Not Ranked     
Smile

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome and encouragement. Well picked on the Stones reference.
I am a man of questionable wealth and dubious taste. As far as colour goes, I want to paint in in black with a blue pearl or mica, so that in some lights it looks black, in others blue, depending on the angle. Not sure yet of the exact variant. BMW have one, so do Toyota. I've already got the suspension and brake discs done. I've fitted HSV discs, 365mm front, 325mm rear, with AP Racing 4 spot calipers. Because of the brake size, I'm going to fit 19" wheels, polished American Racing Torq Thrust. I haven't tried to upload any photos yet, when I do, I'll include some of pick up and progress of build. Will
Jaydee likes this.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Fresh 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

This is my Unique in black with white stripes. I've received many complements on it

Name:  Picture 004.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  94.2 KB
bwcobra15, BigGuy, Modena and 3 others like this.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

RB60, great photo of a fantastic looking car. I’m still undecided if I’ll do stripes. I think I’ll finish it in one colour, then add stripes later if I get the urge.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by willandrache View Post
RB60, great photo of a fantastic looking car. I’m still undecided if I’ll do stripes. I think I’ll finish it in one colour, then add stripes later if I get the urge.
Thanks. Just keep in mind that black is beautiful when clean, but a chore to keep it that way. Add the real fine scratches from wiping the dust off, and stone chips (I drive mine, it has over 12,500 miles on it), it's not going to stay perfect. I plan on having a paint correction and ceramic coating done in the spring before car show season.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yeah, i know. I've owned 3 black cars. All were daily drivers. I enjoy washing (and polishing if needed) the car on a Saturday morning and going for a drive. Looking forward to being able to the same with something as exhilarating as a 6 litre Cobra!
Old 10-31-2019, 09:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     
Default Black cobras

For my build, I intended to paint our Hurricane 427 Cobra 1966 Ford Candy Apple Red, but I simply ran out of money. Eventually it will get painted.

But the black gelcoat and the minimal mold lines as delivered from Hurricane Motorsports make the car so nice looking we just kept it black, polished it and slapped on some race decals. I dont worry about chips, scratches, road rash, I just drive the heck out of it! The black is kind of growing on us now - we've never known her any other way...

BigGuy, itempany, Alfa02 and 1 others like this.

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!
Old 10-31-2019, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB60 View Post
Thanks. Just keep in mind that black is beautiful when clean, but a chore to keep it that way. Add the real fine scratches from wiping the dust off, and stone chips (I drive mine, it has over 12,500 miles on it), it's not going to stay perfect. I plan on having a paint correction and ceramic coating done in the spring before car show season.
love the white pipes
RB60 likes this.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

Maybe I need to start a new thread. But I wonder how many people really drive their Cobras and don't worry about chips and scratches. What is the reason some of us are terrified or worried about every scratch and don't drive it. Is it resale value? Knowing how much to repair or respray the damage etc etc. Is it a respect for the car? I guess bwcobra15 with a Gel coat you have not had to pay for paint so it doesn't matter as much. JD
Old 10-31-2019, 11:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jaydee, having owned cars I have fully rebuilt and others that I have done partial restorations or conversions on, from my experience, the more time I have invested in the build, the more worried I am about anything happening to it. I've had cars that I have bought already finished- not so worried about them. The cars I have hundreds of hours invested in - extremely worried that some idiot is either going to steal it, scratch it, T-bone it... you get my drift. As far as stone chips or wear and tear, I think you should be proud of them. It shows that you actually use and enjoy your car. Wear them like a badge of honour.
deano59 and Jaydee like this.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I wouldn't say I'm terrified or worried about every scratch or stone chip, I know I'm gonna get them from driving it. I love driving it, and I do. A few friends and I go to car shows every weekend it doesn't rain (they have some very nice trophy winning cars too). I pick up my 92 yr. old mother and take her out to dinner at her favorite drive in, sometimes even for a long ride just for a milkshake (she loves riding in it!). I put more miles on the Cobra than I did on my daily driver this past summer. But I still try to keep it as nice and clean as I can. Yes, I'm proud to own one of these fine cars, stone chips, scratches and all. The hundreds of complements and many trophies I've received are the icing on the cake. It's all good.
Gaz64 and Jaydee like this.
Old 11-24-2019, 08:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G Force Cobra 347 stroker
Not Ranked     

Welcome aboard willandrache. They are a friendly bunch on here. Plenty of experience to share as well. My unfinished project Cobra has been sitting in the shed for a few years. Maybe I can race you to see who gets finished first. lol.
Enjoy your build. Neil
Old 01-17-2020, 09:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Will, PM sent
Old 01-18-2020, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yeah, i know. I've owned 3 black cars. All were daily drivers. I enjoy washing (and polishing if needed) the car on a Saturday morning and going for a drive. Looking forward to being able to the same with something as exhilarating as a 6 litre Cobra!
fantasic i will bring the wifes vf commy up for a wash and wax lol how you going mate
Old 01-19-2020, 10:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Deano, no problem with bringing the missus' car here for a wash. Probably need another wash by the time you got it home though :-) Chassis, suspension and brakes are done. All the bodywork on the underside of the body is done and painted. Last week flipped the body back over and put it on the chassis. Doing panel gaps and filling and sanding and filling and sanding to try to get the body straight. A long way to go.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4xxx, Alum. Shelby 427 w/ Webers,
Not Ranked     

Welcome aboard..... enjoy the adventure!
Old 01-27-2020, 01:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

thanks Jon for the encouragement. You are a man of fine taste, with a Cobra and a 59 Corvette. I have a huge soft spot for early Corvettes and have thought about doing a restoration on one when I retire. Good news is my wife loves them too.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Will, Good catching up.........impressed with your attention to detail. That's what sets Cobras apart
Old 02-25-2020, 03:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwcobra15 View Post
...and man of wealth and taste?

Cause what's puzzling you is just the nature of my game.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Hi guys, thanks for the welcome and encouragement. Well picked on the Stones reference.
I am a man of questionable wealth and dubious taste. As far as colour goes, I want to paint in in black with a blue pearl or mica, so that in some lights it looks black, in others blue, depending on the angle. Not sure yet of the exact variant. BMW have one, so do Toyota. I've already got the suspension and brake discs done. I've fitted HSV discs, 365mm front, 325mm rear, with AP Racing 4 spot calipers. Because of the brake size, I'm going to fit 19" wheels, polished American Racing Torq Thrust. I haven't tried to upload any photos yet, when I do, I'll include some of pick up and progress of build. Will
Check out "Spray Chief" in Sydney. They make some awesome paint. I painted my cousins Mustang with their Black Pearl / Blue. The car is black in the shade but flashes Blue as it drives by in the sun.