Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2020, 02:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Definitely looking forward to getting into the club scene here and seeing just what is around. AS mentioned I think to get what I want I have to find it and make an offer

Last edited by CobraAddict; 05-01-2020 at 02:20 AM..
Old 05-01-2020, 02:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have a pretty good idea what a Kirkham and PACE sell for however can anyone give me a ballpark on what the Contemporary and Robnell cited above sold for.
Just a ballpark figure to give me an idea of what I would need to be paying for a car of this calibre as compared to what it would cost me to have a Superformance chassis built to my requirements.
Were they both fully registered or on CP? Robnell is a glass car but what about the Contemporary, also glass?
Old 05-01-2020, 02:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Not for disclosure
Old 05-01-2020, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Robnell Blown LS1
Not Ranked     

Just to clarify.. Robnell’s are a mixture of fibreglass and Kevlar!
Old 05-02-2020, 05:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival Kobra,LS7 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAddict View Post
I have a pretty good idea what a Kirkham and PACE sell for however can anyone give me a ballpark on what the Contemporary and Robnell cited above sold for.
Just a ballpark figure to give me an idea of what I would need to be paying for a car of this calibre as compared to what it would cost me to have a Superformance chassis built to my requirements.
Were they both fully registered or on CP? Robnell is a glass car but what about the Contemporary, also glass?
buying a superformance roller and fitting your fe 427 toploader is by far the cheapest option for you. Because you only want CP you wont have the extra cost of full rego. Just go and order a superformance and build it exactly the way you want. stop wasting your time looking you wont get what you want for the price of building EXACTLY want you want with a superformance or Kirkam kit. So go order one and get it built how you want and you will be happy.
to be honest for what you are looking for you wont get under 150k, 427FE cant be registed after 1990s so you are restricted to pre 1990s cobras, and theres not many around with the 427 fe. So your best bet is build new and put on CP with your 427 FE Or buy an old pre registed cobra and rebuild it the way you want it with the 427FE

Last edited by alffie; 05-02-2020 at 05:13 AM..
Old 05-02-2020, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by alffie View Post
buying a superformance roller and fitting your fe 427 toploader is by far the cheapest option for you. Because you only want CP you wont have the extra cost of full rego. Just go and order a superformance and build it exactly the way you want. stop wasting your time looking you wont get what you want for the price of building EXACTLY want you want with a superformance or Kirkam kit. So go order one and get it built how you want and you will be happy.
to be honest for what you are looking for you wont get under 150k, 427FE cant be registed after 1990s so you are restricted to pre 1990s cobras, and theres not many around with the 427 fe. So your best bet is build new and put on CP with your 427 FE Or buy an old pre registed cobra and rebuild it the way you want it with the 427FE
Thanks for the feedback. As I learn more about it this seems to be the direction I'll be taking.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypt View Post
Not for disclosure
Oooo thats a bit cloak and dagger

Only looking at a ball park however appreciate your position. I have a pretty good idea now of where the various standards are pricewise and what I will need to pay to get what I want
Old 05-06-2020, 09:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-5825603/?Cr=4
Old 05-14-2020, 06:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well I have gotten to the point of knowing now what I am likely to do and what components I will likely aim for.

The other thing I am now thinking is given my manic quest try to have an authentic copy and the subsequent total confusion on just 'what is authentic' I decided the easiest thing to do is simply copy an existng genuine car.

I know hardy an epiphany now is it and yes I am probably the millionth dumbarse to come into the world of Cobra and go down this well worn path

In anycase I'm decising between CSX3045 and CSX3025 (yeah I know another blue one !) however for me blue for a Cobra is like red for a Ferrari its just a given

I have plenty of pics of csx3045 howevr only 2 for csx3025. Would anyone be able to PM me some pics of this car or give me a link to some. There is precious little on this car on the net
Old 05-21-2020, 12:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hmm everyone is gone! Was it something I said
Old 05-21-2020, 01:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Hmm everyone is gone! Was it something I said
I think we're kicking back to see what you end up with...

But if it's a post skirmish you're after just tell 'm you're thinking about putting a chevy in it.

Enjiy
Gav, kyleb and Alfa02 like this.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bahahah yes I have been reading that post !!?!? Talk about a red rag to a bull. I fully agree BTW. Its not so much technical issue, more a moral one

Like someone wanting to put a Porsche engine into a Ferrari or vice versa just not the done thing.

There is actually a very nice looking Blue 2003 DAX on CarSales that really isn’t too bad at all for $AUD 81k. Nice colour, nice interior (std DAX layout), build quality seems very good but when you get to the pics of the engine bay your gobsmacked to see a 5.7L Chevy 350 staring back at you. What makes it worse is they were so proud of their adultery they highlighted all the Chevy labelling in Red on black to make it really stand out for maximum shock value I think. It’s like the engine is laughing at you giving you the bird :O

WHY ! I don’t understand why someone would do that

Last edited by CobraAddict; 05-21-2020 at 02:01 AM..
Old 05-21-2020, 02:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I was after more pics of CSX3025 actually. Given the reality that there is really no such things as 'an original' anymore my latest epiphany is to copy an existing high calibre original thus satisfying myself that it is as authentic as I can get it!

...and I bet I'm the first to think of this too ahhh !
Old 05-21-2020, 02:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Moral issue.
Get a grip mate!!
Since when are you the authority on what’s right or wrong?
Gav likes this.

Last edited by kyleb; 05-21-2020 at 02:41 AM..
Old 05-21-2020, 02:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ha ha ha ….. yes a bit melodramatic perhaps but do you need to be an authority to determine that a Chevy engine in a Cobra is rather.... untoward or odd !?!
None the less each to their own. You could, after all, call it a ‘tribute car’ that seems to encompass any and all abuses and bastardisations of the Cobra that tend to occur 
Old 05-21-2020, 03:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So, you have never driven, built or even owned one of these cars at this point.
Interesting!
You will either build a cracking car (good luck with registration) or fade away when it gets too hard to keep up with your own expectations.
Let’s see how that goes..
Old 05-21-2020, 03:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Ha ha ha ….. yes a bit melodramatic perhaps but do you need to be an authority to determine that a Chevy engine in a Cobra is rather.... untoward or odd !?!
None the less each to their own. You could, after all, call it a ‘tribute car’ that seems to encompass any and all abuses and bastardisations of the Cobra that tend to occur 
Some advice, maybe? ....if you're soon to be buying and registering a Cobra replica here in Australia, and possibly looking for advice in achieving that end, it's probably not a good idea to be annoying a significant number of that very group who can give you that valuable advice. Remember, probably more than half of the Cobra replicas here in Australia are Chev powered for reasons that may not be obvious to you.

Cheers,
Glen
Gav and kyleb like this.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Glen.
In Melbourne too.. Could be interesting conversation after a few beers at the car club meeting I reckon.
Gav likes this.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
Some advice, maybe? ....if you're soon to be buying and registering a Cobra replica here in Australia, and possibly looking for advice in achieving that end, it's probably not a good idea to be annoying a significant number of that very group who can give you that valuable advice. Remember, probably more than half of the Cobra replicas here in Australia are Chev powered for reasons that may not be obvious to you.

Cheers,
Glen
1/2 of them ahhhh really , emmisions compliance I assume for full rego......

Did I mention that it was still a very good power unit, great torque curve and top end At the end of the day with the lid down, who's the wiser ahh
Old 05-21-2020, 03:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
1/2 of them ahhhh really , emmisions compliance I assume for full rego......

Did I mention that it was still a very good power unit, great torque curve and top end At the end of the day with the lid down, who's the wiser ahh
Nope!! Lid up, and at the All Ford Day as well. Git that up ya!!
Gav and Modena like this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: