Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2024, 02:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Deleted message as a repeat

Last edited by stephen low; 01-18-2024 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: repeat message deleted
Old 01-18-2024, 03:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Yesterday I finally picked up my completed screen from EW Windscreens.

Ignoring the Christmas break, EW actually managed to do the job and finished it in a third of the time that Windscreens O'Brien took to dither about and generally stuff me around.

But what I've learn I believe is that they both generally started with the same dimensioned piece of glass, about 10mm taller than my screen and also needing a slight taper to each side o fit the original G-Force screen frame.

The new glass is from the same manufacturer as the last piece of glass as a FUYAO branded screen.

The key to this journey now is knowing the screen has to be cut, so if the windscreen shop doesn't have an experienced cutter, the job isn't going to happen.

Just thankful it is done now and I can move on and use the car.

Thanks for all the suggestions though guys.

Steve
Old 01-18-2024, 03:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Windscreen finally replaced

Having an issue posting a reply Admins, hopefully I haven't replicated this response too many times lol

Yesterday I finally picked up my completed screen from EW Windscreens.

Ignoring the Christmas break, EW actually managed to do the job and finished it in a third of the time that Windscreens O'Brien took to dither about and generally stuff me around.

But what I've learn I believe is that they both generally started with the same dimensioned piece of glass, about 10mm taller than my screen and also needing a slight taper to each side o fit the original G-Force screen frame.

The new glass is from the same manufacturer as the last piece of glass as a FUYAO branded screen.

The key to this journey now is knowing the screen has to be cut, so if the windscreen shop doesn't have an experienced cutter, the job isn't going to happen.

Just thankful it is done now and I can move on and use the car.

Thanks for all the suggestions though guys.

Steve
Old 01-25-2024, 01:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Was the screen very expensive??
Cheers,
Warren
Old 01-25-2024, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No idea Warren it was a Shannons annual free replacement option, needed in this case due to a rock strike.

But I will go ask EW just for a reference.
Wazza likes this.
Old 01-29-2024, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Warren

Just found out the new windscreen only cost $200, so very affordable.

Am contemplating whether I should source another and have a frame made to accommodate the screen as is.

They cut 10mm off the top of the new windscreen to be able to fit my current G-Force frame.

But then I've realised I'll have to amend my frame side posts mounted in the car and even 10mm extra is likely to affect my soft top fitment.

Might just have to live with what I have.

Steve
Wazza and letsboogie351 like this.