Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 04-22-2003, 11:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Now built a race cobra.
Not Ranked     
Talking its really close now.

I am surprised that Craig hasnt posted yet we have finally got it running in the cobra with everthing working well allmost everything .
we put the neighbours on notice when we started it with out the side pipes very very loud the only person that didnt hear it was my 6 week old daughter who slept through it .
just waiting on the axles and centre 35 spline strange units no less. (only the best) .
we are hoping to take it for a drive this week end yeeha !!!.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I bet Craig is stoked.

Better make sure your life insurance is paid up before you take a ride. With 800HP+ under your right foot that thing is going to be lethal.

I'm going to be up in Brisbane in a few weeks, I'll book my audio therapy session now.

Cheers

Old 04-23-2003, 01:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Now built a race cobra.
Not Ranked     
Red face not me

sorry did i say we weregoing for a test drive I ment Craig .
I may look mad but looks are deciving . i am selling tickets for rides and you have the first one
Old 04-23-2003, 02:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

C'mon guys - where's your sense of adventure??? The list of those that refuse to go in this car is considerably bigger than the list of thrillseekers.........

The engine sounds pretty tough in the car. I have working sidepipes with 3.5" pipes opening to 5" mufflers, back to 3.5" tips. You can definitely tell that it has a healthy size camshaft, and the solid roller lifters and straight-cut gears in the supercharger, along with the cog pulleys certainly add to the overall sound.

Scott has worked tirelessly on this damn car to get it finished and on the road by this weekend. It was a bittersweet feeling when it fired up. It was great to hear it making all the right noises (and lots of them ), but I couldn't help but be annoyed at the number of electrical/wiring problems that became apparent as a result of starting the car. Nothing that can't be sorted out, but enough to take the edge off the historic moment. I've had the wiring guy over to Scott's shed half a dozen times in the last week or two, and it should be pretty right now. Just a bit more setting up the Motec configuration settings for all sorts of things from activating the third fuel pump, turning on electric fans, logging settings for trans temp, fuel pressure, etc.

Scott, here's a thought....... The secretary of the Historic Racing Car Club asked if I was interested in having Darlington Park Raceway effectively all to myself this Friday afternoon. There are 4 Alfas that have privately booked the track, and for $70 I can have unrestricted access all afternoon (until it's too dark to see). What are the chances of this happening? It might be cutting things a bit fine, I suppose. Sure sounds like fun though!!!
Old 04-23-2003, 03:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If I was in the area you could definately count me in for a ride. You might as well die with a smile on your face!

Andy.

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).
Old 04-23-2003, 04:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon, windsor 408 stroker, tremec. Also GSX008
Not Ranked     

Craig - it is great you are so close. I would ride with you if only I were there. 800hp? Nah, no biggy

Good luck and take care.
Old 04-23-2003, 04:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Andy and Wilf - If plans come together for next year's Fling, you can both come for a drive with me in Ohio. By then I will have become bored with it's current power level, and there might be a couple of Turbonetics T76 turbos in place !

Scott has a couple of turbos in his shed that would bolt on nicely. I think they're rated to 700hp each, so that should just suffice

Seriously though, I wanted to have the traction control hooked up before any full throttle antics. At present, the wiring is installed and I have the Hall Effect sensors, but I haven't decided on what sort of trigger wheel to use front and back. As such, the only form of traction control for the time being is my right foot. I'll be taking it steady for a little while.
Old 04-23-2003, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thats awesome that you nearly have it done Craig! I ordered my injection last week and things are starting to come together for me as well. Im coming up to QLD at Christmas so I will have to look you up then and say hi.

Andy.

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).
Old 04-24-2003, 04:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Andy - do that for sure. There are a lot of guys up here with Cobras, and there's sure to be a bit of a gathering each weekend in December and January.

Craig
Old 04-27-2003, 02:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Craig, ive just bought a '46 Desoto for my girlfriend. The car is in Southport and i will be in Brisbane on Sunday afternoon till Monday evening. Any chance of catching up to see your car?

Andy.

Old 04-27-2003, 04:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     
Default 1946 desoto

Hi there Andy, did you buy the Desoto from, ebay?
I was looking at it and thinking it would be a good start to a project for someone.
When you pick it up can you put some pics in here to look at?
Good luck getting it and have fun putting it together.
Is this it?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....category=35227

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 04-27-2003, 04:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Boxhead, yes thats the car alright. He had it advertised late last year as well but I wasnt quite in the position to buy it then. I picked it for $3000.00 with a heap of spares, 9 inch already fitted, front subframe in etc. I probably wont start working on it until the cobra is finished but i will see what bits and pieces I can find in the meantime. I have a 400 chev motor and turbo 400 tranny that I might throw into it. I will definately put some pics up when I get it back to Melbourne next week!

Andy.

Old 04-27-2003, 04:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Drive carefully it is a long way from Brissie to Melbourne i have done it about 10 times (and i am not a truck driver).

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 04-27-2003, 04:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wont be a problem mate, did the homework and it is cheaper and more time efficient to fly up and back, load the car into a container then get it put on a truck to Melbourne. I will beat it back even after visiting Craig, and Don Pilling at Snake bite.

Andy.

Old 04-27-2003, 05:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Andy - looks like a great deal! Don't worry about the small block Chev - just put your big block Ford motor in there!

My car drove under it's own power for the first time today, and I'll know by Tuesday afternoon if I'm taking it out to Qld Raceway on the weekend for a bit of a shakedown session. If you have the time, you might want to come out for a look and a laugh.... If that doesn't happen, and if my car's still at Scott's place - you might want to ask if he'd mind you coming over for a look. Just watch him though, he'll try his hardest to get you to replace your 460 with a Lexus motor
Old 04-27-2003, 05:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The great unveiling.......

I've loaded a few more photos in my Gallery.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Craig, i would have gone for a bigger bonnet scoop, i dont think its big enough! Seriously though, e-mail me your mobile number and i will try to catch up with you guys.

Old 04-27-2003, 05:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mobile number? Geez - I still drive a car with a carby - a Holley Dominator no less. I'm in the dark ages. I don't have a mobile phone, but call me at work later in the week if you want - 07 3397 0928.

What time are you arriving on Sunday? The Cobra breakfast is on 7.30am until 10 or 11 o'clock on Sunday morning at Sanctuary Cove. Weather permitting, there'll be 20 or so Cobras there..... There's a thought!

That scoop is a bit of sensory overload isn't it!?! Love it or hate it deal, that's for sure. It's grown on me over the last couple of months. It's almost grown over the rest of the car, for that matter!!!!
Old 04-28-2003, 04:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Craig, i get into Brisbane at 5.10pm Sunday afternoon so I will miss the breakfast unfortunately. I will give you a call later in the week. Your car looks great.

Andy.

Old 04-28-2003, 05:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Andy, I sent you an email 5 minutes ago about making sure you get to the breakfast - then I read this. Kindly disregard the email

Come to think of it, I think I really need a big block like yours in my Cobra now that I have such a monstrosity of a scoop. I think I could fit a tunnelrammed 600 cube big block under there, but it's just a little old 400 cube small block....

Craig

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: