Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
View Poll Results: Why Has 750HP got his Eyes shut and a big grin on his face?
a. He has his eyes shut because he has 805HP under his right foot. 1 4.35%
b. He has a huge grin on his face because he has 805HP under his right foot. 1 4.35%
b. It's pointless having your eyes open since you cant see anything around that huge scoop any way. 15 65.22%
c. He is enjoying the aural symphony that an 805HP motor makes through a set of side pipes. 3 13.04%
c. He's thinking about what's going to happen the first time he pulls up next to a HSV Commodore / Porsche / Ferrari / F16 ... 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2003, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     
Talking Why does 750HP have his eyes shut?

Here is a pic of Craig (750HP) at the wheel of his incredible 805HP monster. Why has would he have a huge grin on his face but have his eyes shut at the same time?

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 05-22-2003 at 05:04 PM..
Old 05-22-2003, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I had an excellent time catching up with Craig and Scott when I was up in Brisbane last week.

Craig you will have to send me your E-mail address so I can send you the pictures I took.

BTW you have got me thinking about a Falcon ute to replace the F100.

Cheers

Old 05-22-2003, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Hmmmmm.... I vote none of the above. Tell him to get both hands up on the wheel where we can see them! The sound of 800+ hp in a cobra might have a strange effect on a man.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 05-23-2003, 04:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Buzz - Haha! While some might think that only a w@nker would build such a powerful Cobra, please don't take this photo as proof!!!

My personal choice for the poll was along the lines of the scoop. At the racetrack the other day, it was pretty hard to see where the apex was on the left hand corners.....

I love that second photo, the engine shot without my stupid looking face in it. My email's marsh@gil.com.au I'd be keen to see how the other photos turned out. Thanks!

It was good to catch up with you again. You know, I used to think that Melbournites were the unfortunate southern relatives. After catching up with you and AC Andy, Melbourne mustn't be such a bad place after all.

Craig

(I've heard that a couple of dealers up here still have new AU utes for sale. I bet you'd get a 6 for $20K, or a V8 for $25K...)
Old 05-23-2003, 04:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Unique FIA - SA 396 Stroker
Not Ranked     

I vote none of the above. Most crazy people have grins - thats my vote

Randy
Old 05-23-2003, 05:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon, windsor 408 stroker, tremec. Also GSX008
Not Ranked     

Eyes shut, eyes open - makes no difference, he can't see past the hood scoop anyway!!

Old 05-23-2003, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427SC w/428 & Richmond 5-speed Car 611.
Not Ranked     

Hey, he's on the wrong side of the car!!!
I would have my eyes shut as well.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:30 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking

Craig,

A clear see through scoop would solve your problems. Also maybe mounting the steering wheel in the center of the car.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 05-23-2003, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm still thinking about that magnificent sound at idle

For everybody who haven't heard this thing, it's just awesome and defies description. I can't wait to hear it when you put your boot into it. You should be very proud Craig.

I went into my local Ford dealer the other day and asked about last years AU utes but there isn't much arround. While I was there I got to looking at the BA XR8 with the Boss 260 and sequential Auto. Horn looking ute with the performance credentials to match. 350HP and 370lb/ft of torque, that's the same HP and more torque than the HSV Maloo. I've got the clearance from the wife I just have to sell the F100 first.

Cheers

Old 05-23-2003, 11:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

.... and now CAPA has a Vortech kit to suit the Boss 260 BA!!!

I'm really happy with the way the car turned out. The end result is very close to what I'd imagined about 2 years ago. I did the dreaming, and OZVENOM Scott turned thoughts into reality. I couldn't have done it without his fabrication work...

I hope the exhaust noise isn't quite that noticeable..... If so, rather than defying descripition, the local police might come up with a few words to say about it!!! I think I'm going to have to do something to quiten it down, but what???

Randy - when I built my first car with lots of help from my Dad, it had a mild 351 Cleveland that ran 14.3 sec @ 97mph. My heartrate would increase, my pupils would dilate, and I just seemed to get so "in the zone" every time I started up the car for the first few months. My first real drive of this car was doing just under 160mph down the back straights of our local racetrack, and I sometime think my daily drive to work is more challenging. This worries me a little - am I simply more confident in my new car, more naive, or in fact - a little crazy.....

Ron - you're onto something there! I plan on talking to a plastics moulding company to see if they can make just that for the car. We'll see what happens.

Craig
Old 05-24-2003, 12:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I told you Craig that you may have a bit of a noise problem. Truck mufflers may be your next step!

Aussie Mike - I have a BA XR8 ute on order with the manual gearbox. You can come for a ride when I get it and see what you think.

Andy.

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).
Old 05-24-2003, 06:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 Seat Roadster-by B&B, 460+ w/auto.
Not Ranked     

Are you sure he's not thinking......

"Aaaaahhh, CHICK MAGNET!!!!!"

Ron
Old 05-24-2003, 07:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Andy,

What's the wait on the XR8? The dealer told me 6-8 Weeks!!???

What colour did you go for? I've been thinking Phantom or Citric Acid. I'll have to go with the Auto since my wife doesn't drive a manual. I was surprised how heavy the clutch was in the manual too. The Clutch in the F100 gives my left knee hell so it'll be a nice change to have an auto.

That Boss 260 motor in the XR8 should have some awesome tuning potential. 350HP should do for a start though

Craig, a clear plastic hood would be cool, it's a shame to cover that motor up.

Cheers

Old 05-24-2003, 11:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thats not a hoooood scoop at all, I think our Aussie pal is just "pitching a tent"

KK
Old 05-24-2003, 10:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     
Talking

KK,
Being an aussie i can relate to the scoop i believe it is a moble tribute to either AYERS ROCK or the Giant water slide at Wet & Wild.
Paul

P.S. I voted b.b, keep smiling buddy!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2003, 05:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike, I have gone with the black duco, hard cover, manual box, 18inch rims, bigger stereo, and momo steering wheel. The clutch really didnt feel too bad. Did you drive the XR6 or the XR8 coz the XR6 clutch is definately heavier. I think my car will be ready mid June. We bought a brand new Ford Exploder ( sorry, Explorer) at the same time, (also black), so i dont know if that moved us up the order at all. I will let you know when I get it.

Andy.

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).
Old 05-25-2003, 05:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

750 hp Okay Mike teel the turth, their's a girl in the car and the scoop is blocking our view? Your steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car, is this so you can see the edge of the road? Have a nice day Rick Lake ps somebody had to ask??
Old 05-25-2003, 06:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Andy,

I've been thinking Phantom or Citric Acid Duco, 18" rims, Sports bar and Toneau cover XR mats and scuff plates. Thinking about geting the cabin tidy storage as well.

It looks like the bed liner is set up for a clip in tool/storage box but Ford don't list one. I reckon the bed liner is made by an after market crowd so I might be able to source it from them if I can find out who they are.

It was an XR8 I tried the clutch in. The specs list the same size clutch for the XR8 and XR6 Turbo. Manual box isn't an option for me since my wife has to be able to drive it too.

We'll have to start a Falcon ute section of the Cobra forum. They qualify since they have the latest spec Cobra-R 4 valve Cylinder heads.

Rick, we drive on the left hand side of the road down under. Everything is backwards down here. Even the bath water swirls down the plug hole in the other direction

Cheers

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 05-25-2003 at 06:23 AM..
Old 05-27-2003, 01:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike, i have sussed out a decent set of pedals for the ute. The standard pedals are the same as any other Falcon, but the GT has some nice sports pedals in so I think I will get those instead.

Andy.

Old 06-24-2003, 11:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     

Have a good look at that photo. With his eyes closed and that big cheesy grin on his face, I guessing his hands may not be on the steering wheel.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: